Halogen Oven. Has anyone gone for it!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yesterday I did boned rolled rib of beef in my cheapo Elitech (£23 delivered from Bid.tv). It's got a stainless steel 'bowl' rather than glass and it's shallower, you always have to use the extension rim on it - but I don't mind because I feel safer with SS, and it will work on my induction hob for doing gravy! I put foil on the base and pour boiling water on after meat's finished to loosen juices, take foil out and make gravy in pan. I painted the beef with a little goose fat, salted it, and cooked it on the high rack because I could't find the low one (it was sitting between the bowl base and the metal frame carrier, I found out afterwards), started it at 250 degrees, lowered to 200, then even lower, 50 minutes total and it was quite rare and superb. I did a tray of potatoes and parsnips in my big oven, it doesn't get as dirty as when doing meat.

Before getting the Elitech I had ordered QVC's £50+P&P one, Millenium they called it, but it had a faulty timer and they couldn't replace it. When they got new stock it was a £70 jobbie.

I think the IW one looks great but I'd have to use it in my bedroom cos of the lid problem.

I've done this in the Quick Reply and can't see where I am ;)

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back