Ring re-sizing Service - Any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

how long did it take for the resize?

I sent them on the 27th Jan! This was under the old contract with Maker Mends though, the new paper work now says that the cost is £16 no matter what the re-size up or down and a turn around of 10 days! I sent more rings last week so I will see if they stick to this 10 days.

I sent them on the 27th Jan! This was under the old contract with Maker Mends though, the new paper work now says that the cost is £16 no matter what the re-size up or down and a turn around of 10 days! I sent more rings last week so I will see if they stick to this 10 days.

so, they dont do the free 3 up or down service anymore ?

so, they dont do the free 3 up or down service anymore ?

The new paper works says:

Rocks and Co has managed to secure the following prices for our customers. These prices are regardless of how many sizes up or down you wish to go.
Silver & 9K yellow & white gold £16, 18k yellow & white gold £20
This includes the return postage by Secure Mail Services.
Once Maker Mends have received your ring the will process and return your ring within 10 working days.

I guess this is good for those that wanted to go more than 3 sizes but not for those who were able to pay the old £5.95 Maybe this is to secure a better service, who knows. :33:

The price of gold has screamed upwards in the last couple of months so I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I didnt mind adding in the £5.95 for the total cost of the ring to be resized - luckily only needed 2 sizes

but to add £16 or £20

suppose its still cheaper than going to a jewellers ... if you can get a jeweller to resize the rings ...

but why should you pay the same amount for them to take gold etc from your ring (if thats what they do, pardon the ignorance)
do they then keep it to use on another ring?
(was that a stupid question?)

I didnt mind adding in the £5.95 for the total cost of the ring to be resized - luckily only needed 2 sizes

but to add £16 or £20

suppose its still cheaper than going to a jewellers ... if you can get a jeweller to resize the rings ...

but why should you pay the same amount for them to take gold etc from your ring (if thats what they do, pardon the ignorance)
do they then keep it to use on another ring?
(was that a stupid question?)

You are spot on with finding someone other than them to do it, I just could not find anyone. I am happy with the work from Maker Mends so far, other than the little mistake!

I would imagine that this can then be re-used to re-size other rings but that is just a logical guess:33:. I would hope that the extra money would mean that when they size up they add more gold rather than just stretching the band! Luckily I always have to size down.

have just realised something else ...

if could be £20 for resizing ... but you also need to pay the postage ... and if you want it recorded, looking at around £25-£30 ... might not be much more to go to a jeweller

another thing ...

got my 3 rings back today - 2 1/2 weeks
was told I could send them all in the 1 envelope as long and to be specific about the sizes ... all fine
was told I would need to send payment for each one £5.95, fine again and there was no time limit ...does this mean if you have the original resize letter with your ring, you could wait 6 months and they would need to honour the £5.95 postage?

and ANOTHER THING
I posted the 3 cheques for the 3 rings, for the 3 returns, and got them all back in the 1 envelope .....

surely, thats only 1 delivery charge and they should refund 2 of the delivery charges?????:33::33:

Latest posts

Back