L'Occitane Lifespan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
I'm sure Alexis says L'Occitane products last for 2 years unopened. I have a bottle of the Almond Shower and Bath Oil that I haven't had for 2 years yet and is still unopened. I noticed yesterday it looks like it's started to thicken up and go cloudy. I thought maybe it was because it was kept in a cold place so I sat it on top of the gas fire for a while. It has thinned down again but there are now little specks floating in it. Has anyone else experienced this or kept items longer than 2 years?

Never had L'Occitane go off. The Almond oil does tend to go cloudy but I just use it anyway. Perhaps the gas heater was not the best place for it? If it smells OK I would just use it.

I bought two bottles when they were on offer a few months ago. I haven't used them yet. I have just had a look and they have a sort of thick layer of sediment. It looks a bit like runny honey that is turning hard. They are not kept in a cold place. I have had Almond Oil before and it has not gone like that.

I can't return it so I hope it will be OK and that yours will be too.

I bought two bottles when they were on offer a few months ago. I haven't used them yet. I have just had a look and they have a sort of thick layer of sediment. It looks a bit like runny honey that is turning hard. They are not kept in a cold place. I have had Almond Oil before and it has not gone like that.

I can't return it so I hope it will be OK and that yours will be too.

That describes mine exactly. However, having placed it over the gas fire and kept it in a warmer room, it seems to have cleared. I tried a little of it and it smells and feels OK. Must be a new consistency to the ones you had before.

I've got L'Occitane stuff that I've had for maybe four years open & it's still fine. (I always buy the huge sizes & have lots & lots of different flavours open at the same time. I rarely shower in the same thing twice in a row!) I've had the shea shower gels settle, but a quick vigorous shake & they're fine again. What's happened to your almond oil does sound like a temperature issue. I wouldn't worry...

It is worth saying that I'm fairly sure that legally you can't claim more than a two year shelf life, so just because that's what Alexis says doesn't mean it won't last longer!

I have moved mine to the bathroom shelf. The bathroom faces south and gets warm quickly. It has gone clear and it smells OK.

I don't usually put shower gels there because they can fade and lose their colours very quickly.

l'occitane do you preservatives but the smallest amount in keeping with the brands philosphy on addictives. because of this i do try to use up thier stuff quickly.

funny after saying that 10 years later I have the same issue looks like dandruff in the bottles all three: the refill. the small bottle and the pump! dam!!

Latest posts

Back