anyone tried a flexi bar

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

obliqua

Registered Shopper
Hi all

i was wondering if anyone had any experience using a flexi bar - i caught a couple of demos over the weekend and thought it looked quite good particularly as I am trying to strengthen my core muscles after a back injury but I have reservations it may end up in the garden shed.

Also what about those vibration plate devices they seem quite popular but they look a bit extreme

thanks

Hi there

Yes, I am the proud owner of a Flexibar, one of my many online purchases which has not been used often enough! Essentially I think it's good but, like everything else, you have to work at it. I have tried Powerplates a few times but apparently they don't raise your heartrate which isn't a good thing if you are trying to improve your fitness levels. Fortunately, I haven't yet bought one of those! However, I would love a Pilates machine but you would really need to have a large room where you can keep it out all the time.

I would give the Flexibar a go - at least it doesn't take up much room!

Hi all

i was wondering if anyone had any experience using a flexi bar - i caught a couple of demos over the weekend and thought it looked quite good particularly as I am trying to strengthen my core muscles after a back injury but I have reservations it may end up in the garden shed.

Also what about those vibration plate devices they seem quite popular but they look a bit extreme

thanks

I've not used one but if you've had a bad back and want to strengthen your core, I'd get a decent swiss ball. You can do some many things on them and they are great for getting flat abs.

Couldnt you just get a piece of plastic curtain rail, does the same thing :4:

Yes, I've got a flexibar and it is really good, but I concur that it really does take self discipline to use the thing enough. Just a tip, I got mine from the Amazon website for approximately £25. It isn't the same make but feels exactly the same as the one on Ideal World which my daughter has.

if you mean a bar that you wobble up & down so you down wobble then ive bought 1 .... & are still in the pack.......bought from an outlet shop.....must get rid as they are just gathering dust......took it out gave it a shake & boy does it make your arm ache the following day........yes i only did one arm dippy me......

I bought one from IW. I had a go with it and them sent it back, which was quite costly.
I think they would be good to use in a class, but on your own at home you have to commit to using it. Also you have to get the rhythm going which looks isn't as easy as it looks (well it wasn't for me !)
Good luck if you go for it.

I am loving mine, It feels like it is doing the job well.

The dogs look at me as if I am totally mad :)

thanks everyone I think I may buy the alternative cheaper version on amazon that way if I dont like it then not so much guilt when it ends up in the shed :)

Latest posts

Back