Notice of requisition of a General Meeting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Ideal Shopping Direct PLC announces it has received a requisition notice dated 13 January 2009 issued by P. H. Nominees Limited, nominee company of Mr Paul Charles Wright and Miss Val Kaye, requesting the Company to convene a general meeting to remove Mr Terry William Donovan, Ms Susan Ellis and Mr David Williams from their office as directors of the Company.

The requisition notice also proposes to appoint Mr Paul Charles Wright and Miss Val Kaye as directors of the Company. In accordance with the provisions of section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 the directors propose to provide notice of and call a general meeting.

Things need to improve pretty sharpish at IW if they are to continue trading.
Hope this is a step in the right direction for IW and its employees.

Why is it great news please? I know nothing about Ideal, except for it's crap.

Exactly, I have never bought from them because of all the scares and problems others have had, so will this make me more or less likely to buy from them?

Not being very business-minded, is this a good thing?

Thats what I would like to know too!! :18:

Exactly, I have never bought from them because of all the scares and problems others have had, so will this make me more or less likely to buy from them?

Paul and Val founded the original business. Hopefully they can pull it back to what it was once, a great Shopping Telly channel. It is only since they relinquished their stronghold that the business has gone down the pan. They have now bought back enough shares between them to once more have the clout to sort things out.

Professionals back in charge

Ideal Shopping Direct PLC announces it has received a requisition notice dated 13 January 2009 issued by P. H. Nominees Limited, nominee company of Mr Paul Charles Wright and Miss Val Kaye, requesting the Company to convene a general meeting to remove Mr Terry William Donovan, Ms Susan Ellis and Mr David Williams from their office as directors of the Company.

The requisition notice also proposes to appoint Mr Paul Charles Wright and Miss Val Kaye as directors of the Company. In accordance with the provisions of section 303 of the Companies Act 2006 the directors propose to provide notice of and call a general meeting.

Having been buying shares back recently it was only a matter of time before the professionals needed to take the asylum back from control by the lunatics. It will be interesting to see whether Hancox will want to stay in the kitchen when the heat starts to rise. My prediction is that, if he is smart, he will abandon what must be the most poisoned chalice the wretched Fryatt could have handed anyone. As old fans of the station would say - Val's OKaye, and Pauls All Wright. Good luck to them both - they will need it. :56:

Paul and Val founded the original business. Hopefully they can pull it back to what it was once, a great Shopping Telly channel. It is only since they relinquished their stronghold that the business has gone down the pan. They have now bought back enough shares between them to once more have the clout to sort things out.

Thank goodness for that!

Ah, I see. Thank you MGS :10:

Grattan and Hancox

Having been buying shares back recently it was only a matter of time before the professionals needed to take the asylum back from control by the lunatics. It will be interesting to see whether Hancox will want to stay in the kitchen when the heat starts to rise. My prediction is that, if he is smart, he will abandon what must be the most poisoned chalice the wretched Fryatt could have handed anyone. As old fans of the station would say - Val's OKaye, and Pauls All Wright. Good luck to them both - they will need it. :56:

My husband points out that Grattan is in trouble today on the news with big layoffs, and this is where Hancox comes from. Does this mean he might turn out to be another Fryatt? :33:

It's a pity it ever left their control
I hope it isn't a move too late to save what was once a decent channel with decent presenters, products, deliveries and a service that was (from my own experience) first class (yes it was once)

Here Here I remember the "Good Old Days" when IW was a shopping Chanel with products I wanted to buy (whether I needed them or not!) , presenters who actually looked as though they where enjoying their work and a customer service team to rival any other. Let us all hope that the "Good Old Days" are on there way back, and that IW can rise from the ashes like the Phoenix.

Here Here I remember the "Good Old Days" when IW was a shopping Chanel with products I wanted to buy (whether I needed them or not!) , presenters who actually looked as though they where enjoying their work and a customer service team to rival any other. Let us all hope that the "Good Old Days" are on there way back, and that IW can rise from the ashes like the Phoenix.

Golly, when was this? I have been shopping with IW for about 6-7 years now,certainly starting during the time the original owners were in charge, and the complaints about deliveries and CS have never altered.

Admittedly, the CS was a touch better back in the "good old days", but do you remember the comments before they moved the CS to India? This forum was full of people saying that to get hold of CS was almost impossible. The reason given by most posters was that "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". Cetainly I was told by Steve Whatley himself that the reason they had gone to India was because they found it difficult to recruit staff for the unsocial hours.

And as for deliveries. That has never been consistently good, right from the start. It all depended on whether the stuff you wanted was already in the warehouse. If it was, you got it quickly. If it had to come from the supplier, you could be waiting for weeks and weeks. Just like now. And just like now, they have always taken your money upfront, rather than at point of despatch.

And all this rose-tinted rear view glasses stuff actually makes me a little sad. Now, IW is a shadow of its former self and hardly worth watching or buying from, but you would have thought that in its heyday, people would have been flocking to write nice things about it here. Far from it. The IW forum has always been hyper-critical about IW.
"It sells tat, the presenters are awful, the deliveries are bad, CS is awful. Why can't they be more like QVC?"

It makes me so mad to read comments like "Steve Whatley is sorely missed", when at the time, he (and all the other presenters) was regularly vilified on threads on this forum. Now, I know that people who criticised him then, or indeed IW itself, may not be the same people who are saying everything is going to be hunky-dory now, but all I am saying is that if you remember the comments right from the beginning, then perhaps it may not be wonderful after all.

I think the main thing is Paul and Val made Ideal World watchable, at the moment with all the deals, bonanaza and craft where as in the past I spent hours watching and buying, now it just does not happen.

An example, Collectables returned a couple of weeks ago, fantastic news I thought, but no collectables expect, if they want Collectables as they used to be the only man for the job is Gary Ashburn.

It's a pity it ever left their control
I hope it isn't a move too late to save what was once a decent channel with decent presenters, products, deliveries and a service that was (from my own experience) first class (yes it was once)

I'm not looking back through rose tinted specs, but back at the beginning when sets were very shaky, graphics a little childish, presenters enthusiastic, delivery very good and their service was first rate.

I had a query at that time which was sorted via email and phone call directly with an advisor all within 20 minutes, and I actually felt that my custom DID matter.

No company can be 100% perfect but then they tried hard to be the best they could be.

I started noticing changes in the year or two after the fire and it has gone downhill since, but now it is so bad and boring I just don't watch.

The products are usually tat and overpriced tat at that.
Repeat after repeat
Blockbusters
4 day deals

Just a real mess

Golly, when was this? I have been shopping with IW for about 6-7 years now,certainly starting during the time the original owners were in charge, and the complaints about deliveries and CS have never altered.

Admittedly, the CS was a touch better back in the "good old days", but do you remember the comments before they moved the CS to India? This forum was full of people saying that to get hold of CS was almost impossible. The reason given by most posters was that "if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys". Cetainly I was told by Steve Whatley himself that the reason they had gone to India was because they found it difficult to recruit staff for the unsocial hours.

And as for deliveries. That has never been consistently good, right from the start. It all depended on whether the stuff you wanted was already in the warehouse. If it was, you got it quickly. If it had to come from the supplier, you could be waiting for weeks and weeks. Just like now. And just like now, they have always taken your money upfront, rather than at point of despatch.

And all this rose-tinted rear view glasses stuff actually makes me a little sad. Now, IW is a shadow of its former self and hardly worth watching or buying from, but you would have thought that in its heyday, people would have been flocking to write nice things about it here. Far from it. The IW forum has always been hyper-critical about IW.
"It sells tat, the presenters are awful, the deliveries are bad, CS is awful. Why can't they be more like QVC?"

It makes me so mad to read comments like "Steve Whatley is sorely missed", when at the time, he (and all the other presenters) was regularly vilified on threads on this forum. Now, I know that people who criticised him then, or indeed IW itself, may not be the same people who are saying everything is going to be hunky-dory now, but all I am saying is that if you remember the comments right from the beginning, then perhaps it may not be wonderful after all.

Thanks Plumduff, I had thought my memory had gone:ANYWORD: IMHO the channel was never that good and most of the same tired Presenters are still there. Still it can only get better. We will have to wait and see!

Latest posts

Back