Can you use an item for 30 days and then return if not happy with it still?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I ordered a sewing machine yesterday from Ideal World so am awaiting delivery.

Can you still try out things for 30 days and then send back for a full refund like you used to be able to? (It's some time since I ordered from them).

I would like to use the sewing machine and see what I think of its performance, but I don't know if I'll be able to return it if I'm not happy.

I've looked on their site but it doesn't mention about being able to try things and then return them if you're not happy.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks. :)

I ordered a sewing machine yesterday from Ideal World so am awaiting delivery.

Can you still try out things for 30 days and then send back for a full refund like you used to be able to? (It's some time since I ordered from them).

I would like to use the sewing machine and see what I think of its performance, but I don't know if I'll be able to return it if I'm not happy.

I've looked on their site but it doesn't mention about being able to try things and then return them if you're not happy.

Can anyone help please?

Many thanks. :)

Common sense would say to ensure you'd received the correct item and to ensure it works properly to specification described, and isn't faulty, you would have to take it out of its packaging and try it out. If you're not happy with it then repack and send it back within the 30 days. I believe one of the reasons they put down for the return of items is "unsuitable", which would apply if you're not happy with its performance. (Then again this is IW we're talking about and I'm not sure common sense is in their vocabulary).

Seriously though, simply because you have to be certain it works and is not faulty, then you shouldn't have a problem trying it out. To my mind it's exactly the same as ordering an item of clothing and not being able to try it on before sending it back. Hope you like the sewing machine.

Thankyou Topaz, I must admit I'm a bit nervous about ordering from Ideal World because of its reputation lately. I've only ordered the odd thing from there but the last bigger thing I ordered was a digital camera, and it started playing up just after the year's guarantee ran out - sod's law - and is now more or less unusable.

ideal world(sewing machine

hi, 1st post,i do read it every day and you all have laughing so much,im rather shy, about the sewing machine (hope i dont get in trouble for this but) i have sent many things back, use the machine then ring them tell them the machine keeps jamming you will get your money back and the p&p plus they will collect it,dont hold your breath about your refund but u will get it back ps do all your sewing before it goes back lol luv dianne

i asked the woman on the end of the phone when i was ordering my bissell cleaner thingy that IF it didnt do what i wanted it to as i was wanting it to do all my hard floors could i send it back & she replied yes of course.......so i guess that you can.....i know QVC you can try & play with things & send back for a refund in full minus postage etc but thats QVC & not IW were talking about......you can even send software back to them if you find unsuitable.........however with this Co if the seal is broken consider it un-returnable

Can you use an item for 30 days and then return

Thankyou Topaz, I must admit I'm a bit nervous about ordering from Ideal World because of its reputation lately. I've only ordered the odd thing from there but the last bigger thing I ordered was a digital camera, and it started playing up just after the year's guarantee ran out - sod's law - and is now more or less unusable.

Funnily enough, what with all the problems I've had with IW, the only bigish thing I ever ordered from them - a DVD recorder - has been great. However, I'd never risk it again. I'm not a seamstress and know nothing about sewing machines but hopefully if it's a reputable make you will be OK.

Thankyou very much for all your replies and Lexxy, thanks for the link, although they craftily don't say very much about items where they aren't damaged, you've just changed your mind. I mean, what if you receive a large item - such as this sewing machine - and then think 'well, it works ok but there aren't as many features as I would have hoped for the price' then you'd want to send it back. That's where my query really lies, I suppose.

Welcome Dianne and thanks for your post (and idea!) too. :)

Can you use an item for 30 days and then return it.

'well, it works ok but there aren't as many features as I would have hoped for the price' then you'd want to send it back. That's where my query really lies, I suppose.:)

That's where the "unsuitable" reason for returning comes in, it's unsuitable because there aren't as many features as you would have hoped for.

From what I hear on a daily basis, they actively want you to try items out and say clearly if you are not happy with them then send them back.
I know with things like the corsetry they say to try them on for sure but leave the hygeine strips in, with shoes they say try them and walk about in them indoors and I know they do say that you can try even pillows and duvets out and sleep on them for 30 days, so with a sewing machine you should be totally fine. I have even heard them refer to things you can just not be happy with the features and send it back.

Open carefully, don't Hulk-smash the box like I do and keep the packaging for a few days til you're sure, then there won't be an issue, if there is then they are falsely advertising. They even say on Face cream and stuff to try and then send back if you don't like it, so don't you worry mate.

hi, 1st post,i do read it every day and you all have laughing so much,im rather shy, about the sewing machine (hope i dont get in trouble for this but) i have sent many things back, use the machine then ring them tell them the machine keeps jamming you will get your money back and the p&p plus they will collect it,dont hold your breath about your refund but u will get it back ps do all your sewing before it goes back lol luv dianne

No idea about the 30 day money back guarantee, but wanted to say hello and welcome to you Dianne. I like your thinking!!

It's fine to send anything back within the 30 days (with the obvious hygiene exceptions of 'intimates', and earrings cannot be sent back at all for hygiene but this is legislation I believe). Jewellery items have only a 14 day money back guarantee.

Thanks again for all your replies, the sewing machine arrived yesterday so I will have to see how it performs!

By the way, I love your username: howmuchisthep_and_p :)

Latest posts

Back