A few complaints....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"but sadly big is not beautiful and is unhealthy and undesired in todays society" - that is your opinion cheesecake, not everyones. Also, it is medically proven that just because someone is big does not automatically mean they are unhealthy.

And I dont think people necessarily mind you having a pop at the presenters regarding their presentation skills, the carp they come out with etc etc (I couldnt care less), but certainly in my opinion, you were being incredibly insensitive and personal by calling the ladies massive, unhealthy etc.

Just my opinion, not wanting to cause a war!!

Rich

PS... Dawn French - that is one mighty fine lady!!!

I'm liking you more and more woo hoo

Firstly I would like to apologise if my comments upset anyone, maybe it was insensitive.

Secondly I would like to point out though, that it's OK on these forums to poke fun at Dave's sexuality, Paul brodel and his sexuality, hope people lose their jobs just cos you all don't agree with their style of running a channel, hope the call centre gets pulled back to england with no thought for the hundreds who would lose their jobs in a system with no welfare, etc etc, but to call someone fat and unhealthy is a problem. We're allowed to take the mickey quiet nastily and comment horribly on the way andy love looks and call him names, we're allowed to be awful to Moira C just because some of you thinks she looks older than she is and be incredibly insensitive to that (I think she looks marvellous), we're allowed to say we wish some presenters get sacked cos we don't like them, need I go on.........

But despite that, i will not sleep if I think I have upset someone, so sorry unreservedly.

Hi Cheesecake

I quiet agree with you that it is completely unacceptable to slag people off at a personal level, ie sexuality, looks etc etc - I couldn't agree more.

Also I think there is a fine line between having a bit of fun and being nasty - sometimes the edges become a bit blurred.

Anyways, don't worry about it, its all done and dusted now. Oh and sleep well! :)

Rich

On a positive note, I would like to know which products Debbie uses to look so good at nearly 50, she never actually says what she uses all the time although she says she tests every product she sells, I'd like to know how Ellis lost all that weight, was it Weight watchers or products from ideal World? She looks amazing. Was it diet or excersise? [I know that was spelt wrong...] Dennice may be a big girl but looks fab, I think presenters sexuality is none of my business and I still think that Loen is crude and blokey but over all, I couldn't do that job so I have no place to criticize. [another spelling error...]

I love Ideal World and all who present in her! [gramatically incorrect...]

I agree about Debbie Shore, she looks absolutely amazing and not just 'for her age', just plain amazing hehe.
Ellis as far as I know says its healthy diet and an elliptical trainer combined with vibration training which has lost her weight, she too looks fab.

Thanks Stumpy btw :)

Not wanting to excite our male members overly, but did Debbie Shore say she was 'belly' or 'ballet' dancing?

Firstly I would like to apologise if my comments upset anyone, maybe it was insensitive.

Secondly I would like to point out though, that it's OK on these forums to poke fun at Dave's sexuality, Paul brodel and his sexuality, hope people lose their jobs just cos you all don't agree with their style of running a channel, hope the call centre gets pulled back to england with no thought for the hundreds who would lose their jobs in a system with no welfare, etc etc, but to call someone fat and unhealthy is a problem. We're allowed to take the mickey quiet nastily and comment horribly on the way andy love looks and call him names, we're allowed to be awful to Moira C just because some of you thinks she looks older than she is and be incredibly insensitive to that (I think she looks marvellous), we're allowed to say we wish some presenters get sacked cos we don't like them, need I go on.........

But despite that, i will not sleep if I think I have upset someone, so sorry unreservedly.

You certainly haven't upset me! I liked the original post, but thought that calling certain presenters 'massive' was a bit OTT. I'm no particular fan of those presenters, but for me, 'massive' would better describe someone like D French. But I take your point about Dennice and Leon not being the most appropriate presenters to sell some products. At least D French plugs chocolate!!

Latest posts

Back