MoiraC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
We just had to tell you because I don't know how many of you have been as lucky as my wife.

Before Christmas, she bought some Scarlflaces and, lo and behold, she this week received a letter telling her she had been - wait for it!! - enrolled into Moira's Gold Club. She also received her membership card(board). We're going to have a MoiraC Gold Club celebratory party tonight!

I have to admit, however, that we were a bit disappointed that she isn't offering Moira Miles to Gold Club members with every purchase as well!

Sorry, I really should be more serious!

I have received one of those. I have posted on this before. I like the scarflaces, they are exactly as presented and they do look nice when worn in one of the various ways demonstrated by Moira. I am pleased to see Moira C on IW because it makes a refreshing change from the usual boring presentations and products. I just think that hers is a family run business and all we are seeing is a family passionate for their product who are trying hard to make a good living. I have called her direct number twice because I needed something sorted out and was delighted to receive excellent, friendly service. Now there is nothing wrong with that is there?

Your wife is one lucky lady.....
I am in the 'platinum kaftan club' and attend regular meetings :D ( with a councillor ) Have met some great like-minded people and we share tips and cake.

I thought your meetings were at Kaftans Anonymous Mrs James. I was going to ask you how you were getting on with the 12 steps (to battenburg) programme.

I'm just glad I'm getting too old to be in the club anymore :22:

:rofl:

:doggie:

Appsolutely Moira

How long's she been doing jewellery then? She's replaced the humble hair bobble with a fancy eternal life clip at £24 :33:

Glimpsed a crystal bracelet too but couldn't stand to hear any more of her 'appsolutely's :31:

BTW did you know she's 50 next month? :54:

There was on old(ish) woman who lived in a shoe
she'd so many children she didnt know what to do
so she had them all sewing scarves for to sell
on Ideal World with Loen and El
in tweed and bouffant she looks a cutie
flogging her faux suede/croc velluti
her scarflaces she ties in 100 different ways
her diamante glasses stop harmful rays
demoing her wares she's fun, slick and nifty
did you know..........

she'll soon be fifty? :D

I have received one of those. I have posted on this before. I like the scarflaces, they are exactly as presented and they do look nice when worn in one of the various ways demonstrated by Moira. I am pleased to see Moira C on IW because it makes a refreshing change from the usual boring presentations and products. I just think that hers is a family run business and all we are seeing is a family passionate for their product who are trying hard to make a good living. I have called her direct number twice because I needed something sorted out and was delighted to receive excellent, friendly service. Now there is nothing wrong with that is there?

You're absolutely right Mia and my wife has also dealt with them direct with similar positive customer service.

I just felt a bit frivolous, that's all!

Maybe if her business falters, we could start a MoiraAid campaign. However, don't expect the BBC to show an appeal on her behalf as they may be accused of bias.

I must admit I've got some scarflaces... and I find they look nicest just thrown around your neck...well worn like a necklace really, having long hair the fastening is hidden, so they don't look silly, also they look quite nice doubled up and worn with a denim jacket...can't be doing with all the hideous "shirt front", "twisted necklace" and "pussy cat bows"...and as for the Grace Kelly/sunglasses look...might for a fancy dress party though!!!!

I wish though she'd bring out some classic polka dot styles in say black/white or cream, or dusky red/cream, even navy and white...she has done polka dot ones but they're all with other patterns and look just frumpy and hideous!

I like your suggestion of polka dot patterns. I am wearing a scarflace at the moment. It has a tie-dye pattern in lilac and light brown with a fluffy effect in some places. I know, it doesn't sound very nice but believe me it is! I wore it with a winter white coat earlier today and it looked lovely.

These scarflaces, can the doodah be removed to stick on an old favourite scarf?

I think it is possible to remove it although I haven't tried it. You could call Moira C's direct number and say that you have one which has been damaged and could they send you one for you to replace it. They might do that for you although they are more likely to say send it back to them and they will repair it free of charge!

It's a pity you can't email them for suggestions, the website only has an address on it. On the whole, I think the scarflace is a good product, though the larger percent of the designs are bit too frumpy and fussy for my liking...some are stunning. I think she could do quite a lot more with them. I don't mean giving us even more whacky ways to wear them, but perhaps branching out and using more sturdy fabrics like velvet, and having stronger and perhaps more stylish clasps. I haven't seen her using those horrible scarf rings in her demos lately either, the ones with a goldtone surround and a cabochon of the same material....don't know if she's given up on those, but again she could bring out some stunning clips and brooches that would compliment her scarves without making them look so frumpy.

What I like about scarflace, as i only tend to wear one thrown around my neck, is that they dont slide around, fall off and get lost like normal chiffon scarves tend to do!

I agree with you that it is a shame that their website doesn't allow for email. I did write to her once suggesting an alternative clasp - toggle/t-bar - which I think would be so much easier to use aswell as stronger and more attractive. It is possible that the suggestion did not get passed on to Moira. I did hear her say that the old style scarf clips with matching material would not be coming back. I wonder if she is aware of this site?

Last edited:
I agree with you that it is a shame that their website doesn't allow for email. I did write to her once suggesting an alternative clasp - toggle/t-bar - which I think would be so much easier to use aswell as stronger and more attractive. It is possible that the suggestion did not get passed on to Moira. I did hear her say that the old style scarf clips with matching material would not be coming back. I wonder if she is aware of this site?

I think the idea of a t bar going through a ring fastening (very Tiffany's!) would be a lot less fiddly to use, more attractive, and probably more durable, though the current fastenings look flimsy, they've stayed intact and I've had them for quite a while. I guess working with delicate fabrics, the fastenings have got to be pretty lightweight too. Personally I don't find the current fastenings particularly easy to use, I always eventually get it, but not before I've made dents in the tips of my fingers and have sworn a few times.. I also think they look very cheap, the sort of thing you'd pay 4p each for in a bead/craft shop....maybe changing the fastenings wouldn't be cost effective.

I guess it would be good if she could read our comments on here, though not so sure she'd be that chuffed that we think she looks older than her years!

Latest posts

Back