Paint Runner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
Has anyone got one of these and do they work or is it yet another useless gadget that I can do without. As I have a lot of painting to do around the house in the next couple of months looks like it might save me some time and effort - more time for foruming etc. Any advice would be helpful.

I am sure I have seen a post on here about them but for the life of me cannot find it - am useless at this techy stuff.

They keep saying on the presentation that they do but I have never seen one that does - obviously more advertising spiel!!!

I bought my other half one of the jml ones from Woollies and he binned it Said the paint leaked out the sides and that the roller was too heavy when loaded with paint

I bought these from IW a couple of years ago. They seemed a good deal at the time. BUT, when we used them the roller did not roll, it slid accros the ceiling and was very heavy to use. We did do a bit of research and we were advised to water down the paint. We were using silk emulsion and watering it down meant it did not cov er in one coat. So they ended up in the bin.

Buttercorn.

I found that by the time you had mucked around putting paint in the roller and sealed it up, you could've poured the paint into a roller tray and had a fair bit done. Plus, as others have mentioned, the weight made it awkard to use. The one I had was binned too.

It is funny that when they do the timed 'race' to see which is quicker the guy using the normal roller has to start by putting on overalls and putting down dust sheets - the paint roller guy doesnt bother (like we wouldn't put these on - even if it doesnt splatter what if you accidentally leaned against the painted wall etc) so it is obvious whos going to win!!!

Saw one of these on Price Drop TV over the week-end - I am sure it went for a rock bottom price and was probably just as good :]

It is funny that when they do the timed 'race' to see which is quicker the guy using the normal roller has to start by putting on overalls and putting down dust sheets - the paint roller guy doesnt bother (like we wouldn't put these on - even if it doesnt splatter what if you accidentally leaned against the painted wall etc) so it is obvious whos going to win!!!

I feel like smashing the tv in when they do the timed 'race' :rolleyes:....it's a wonder they don't don knee and elbow pads while they're at it

Latest posts

Back