Important - check your credit card statements - for "Travel Steps" - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The 99 is an annual, not monthly, fee

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Amazon.co.uk yesterday buying some Emu boots in their sale.
    They have a scheme just started and you get free super fast delivery free for one month after that they will take 47+ from your account to joint this club. I didn't even want to try it for a month incase of problems cancelling afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

The last time I bought from the Sit-Up channels I was offered the chance to join this club. I was told that the first month was free and there was an offer of wine via Virgin Wines. I got the brochure and found it was full of offers for things I'd never use. The wine "offer" was only available once you'd actually signed for a year.

When I rang to canel I really had to fight to get it cancelled. The guy I spoke to tried every trick in the book to get me to join. In the end I said if the offer wasn't cancelled I would be taking the matter to a solicitor and asked for a confirmation letter. It took me three calls and countless emails before I got the letter stating I had ended the offer.

Post Thanks / Like

PLEASE BE CAREFUL : If I had not read about this 'scam' earlier today I would have fallen for it. I have just this minute had a telephone call from Ideal World, telling me nice things about tonights shows and then offering me a new catalogue - Travel Steps. They would like to send me a copy so I can browse at my leisure and can order at any time. Luckily, forwarned is forarmed. I very politely declined their offer. Thakyou to everyone for bringing this to our notice.

PS - My daughter has just suggested someone report IW tol BBC watchdog programme!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I wonder if BBC's Watchdog would be interested in this?
    Sorry Jan, I was so upset at their phone call, I didn't read all the posts properly.

Buttercorn.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you have posted this warning I have just had a phone call from Travel steps, fortunately I was having my tea so he said he would ring back. I will have to go and check CC statement to make sure nothing has been removed because the last time I bought anything from IW was in Dec.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I was on Amazon.co.uk yesterday buying some Emu boots in their sale.
    They have a scheme just started and you get free super fast delivery free for one month after that they will take 47+ from your account to joint this club. I didn't even want to try it for a month incase of problems cancelling afterwards.
    oh no, I've ordered loads of things on Amazon, using the free delivery if over 5 purchase. Never noticed the 'catch' in the T&C's about joining this travel club :11:

Just off to check my past orders

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dollydimple View Post
    oh no, I've ordered loads of things on Amazon, using the free delivery if over 5 purchase. Never noticed the 'catch' in the T&C's about joining this travel club :11:

Just off to check my past orders

Dont worry it sounds like you took advantage of the free supersaver delivery if order over 5 . The chargeable deal is Amazon Prime its a different scheme .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brenny View Post
    Dont worry it sounds like you took advantage of the free supersaver delivery if order over 5 . The chargeable deal is Amazon Prime its a different scheme .
    Yes that is the normal free if you spend over a certain amount.
    This new one is delivered the next day offered free for one month.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not just Ideal World either

It can come from any purchase such as when you have bought books, dvds any other stuff, this can result in the call