Important - check your credit card statements - for "Travel Steps" - Page 2





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    On the phone/not the web!
    Posts
    7,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The 99 is an annual, not monthly, fee


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was on Amazon.co.uk yesterday buying some Emu boots in their sale.
    They have a scheme just started and you get free super fast delivery free for one month after that they will take 47+ from your account to joint this club. I didn't even want to try it for a month incase of problems cancelling afterwards.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The last time I bought from the Sit-Up channels I was offered the chance to join this club. I was told that the first month was free and there was an offer of wine via Virgin Wines. I got the brochure and found it was full of offers for things I'd never use. The wine "offer" was only available once you'd actually signed for a year.

    When I rang to canel I really had to fight to get it cancelled. The guy I spoke to tried every trick in the book to get me to join. In the end I said if the offer wasn't cancelled I would be taking the matter to a solicitor and asked for a confirmation letter. It took me three calls and countless emails before I got the letter stating I had ended the offer.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    PLEASE BE CAREFUL : If I had not read about this 'scam' earlier today I would have fallen for it. I have just this minute had a telephone call from Ideal World, telling me nice things about tonights shows and then offering me a new catalogue - Travel Steps. They would like to send me a copy so I can browse at my leisure and can order at any time. Luckily, forwarned is forarmed. I very politely declined their offer. Thakyou to everyone for bringing this to our notice.

    PS - My daughter has just suggested someone report IW tol BBC watchdog programme!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    I wonder if BBC's Watchdog would be interested in this?
    Sorry Jan, I was so upset at their phone call, I didn't read all the posts properly.

    Buttercorn.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am glad you have posted this warning I have just had a phone call from Travel steps, fortunately I was having my tea so he said he would ring back. I will have to go and check CC statement to make sure nothing has been removed because the last time I bought anything from IW was in Dec.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Over the Pennines in Lancashire
    Posts
    1,458
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I was on Amazon.co.uk yesterday buying some Emu boots in their sale.
    They have a scheme just started and you get free super fast delivery free for one month after that they will take 47+ from your account to joint this club. I didn't even want to try it for a month incase of problems cancelling afterwards.
    oh no, I've ordered loads of things on Amazon, using the free delivery if over 5 purchase. Never noticed the 'catch' in the T&C's about joining this travel club :11:

    Just off to check my past orders

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    522
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by dollydimple View Post
    oh no, I've ordered loads of things on Amazon, using the free delivery if over 5 purchase. Never noticed the 'catch' in the T&C's about joining this travel club :11:

    Just off to check my past orders

    Dont worry it sounds like you took advantage of the free supersaver delivery if order over 5 . The chargeable deal is Amazon Prime its a different scheme .

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    13,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brenny View Post
    Dont worry it sounds like you took advantage of the free supersaver delivery if order over 5 . The chargeable deal is Amazon Prime its a different scheme .
    Yes that is the normal free if you spend over a certain amount.
    This new one is delivered the next day offered free for one month.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Its not just Ideal World either

    It can come from any purchase such as when you have bought books, dvds any other stuff, this can result in the call

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •