Really annoying!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tony5101

Registered Shopper
OMG!!!
I am trying desperately to watch this channel, but the remote is so close to being pressed.
The reason....that flamin woman presenting. Caroline I think her name is....
All the fake gasping at the prices, and the "we really shouldn't be at this price" and the "this price is wrong wrong wrong"
She has got to be the most infuriating woman that I have ever tried to watch, in fact....click....there we go....she's gone, in favour of Countryfile!!!

If you think Caroline is bad keep watching...there are others that make her look like a dream presenter!

If you really can't stand to watch, just look at the auctions online and flick on the channel as and when you see something you are interested in! That way at least you wont miss out :1:

Hey, at least they don't have Anthea Turner!!!!!!

Lol Tony - I couldn't stand to watch her when she was on Gems TV because of exactly what you say!

Tabs is totally correct though - Caroline is bad but others are even worse!! You've got Jeerylooney (Jerrilee) who has an orgasm every time she looks at an item, she screams, squeals and acts like a lunatic! She was amazed to see an "orangey colour" coming from a Citrine and just "loves" everything!! Then you've got her Essex mate blonde Sam who seems to think she is good at imitating a deep south American accent and fancies herself as a bit of a singer - NOT!! They are by far the worst and shouldn't be given air time except maybe on one of the channels which I believe start around midnight and have a lot of X's in their names!!

Following those 2 closely are Paul who tells us everything is "Rare" and seems to think we all want to know about his Yoga and life on Aussie TV! Then there's the fake tan twins - Stacey and Vicky! They have bright orange arms with blotchy orange wrists blending into white hands!! Stacey has verbal diarrhea and constantly shouts and Vicky stutters when she gets excited and struggles to concentrate on what's she saying when someone talks to her in her earpiece! There were some others too but they've disappeared - hope it's catching!!

The only watchable ones are dark haired Sam who's OK, Ruth who is quite good and John Scott who is FAB!

So all in all Tiger's advice is most definitely better for your blood pressure - watch online and forget the TV!! Except when John's on of course, you HAVE to watch him!

I don't mind Caroline, and while I agree, she is a bit OTT at times, some of the others mentioned are far worse!!!

The thing I do like about her is that she actually gives you stone dimensions etc., which a lot of them don't.

:doggie:

I have PIP and just have them in a corner,silent,and swap when something interesting comes on.John Scott has to be full screen and always waiting for the naughty bits.

I mute them all except for John. ALL HAIL J ... (which reminded me of this sketch in Men in Black:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bays1tdQoZY) :lolwave:

Anyway, back to the mute button ... It's quite entertaining watching the facial expressions and flapping of arms with the sound off and a lot less stressful.

I don't watch any of them except for John Scott. Vicky is the most fake one, imho. The way she constantly stutters in mock shock, drives me mad. She really takes everybody for first-class fools so I turn her off. Hah!

Good advice @ Tiger's post. I'd say that's the best course of action to take if anyone doesn't like the presenter(s). I don't mind any of them really, and if they tend to get over excited I just turn the sound down, or watch on my pc with the sound off. Mind you given some of the great deals I've been seeing the past couple of days I wouldn't care if King Kong was presenting the programme because I've saved a hell of a lot of money and managed to get jewellery I've yet to see in the shops. Things that are happen to be twice as expensive as on the shopping channels.

Looks like John Scott is very popular. I got to say that he's got a habit of suddenly getting a fit of the giggles. When that happens I normally burst out laughing too. He's infectious.

Good advice @ Tiger's post. I'd say that's the best course of action to take if anyone doesn't like the presenter(s). I don't mind any of them really, and if they tend to get over excited I just turn the sound down, or watch on my pc with the sound off. Mind you given some of the great deals I've been seeing the past couple of days I wouldn't care if King Kong was presenting the programme because I've saved a hell of a lot of money and managed to get jewellery I've yet to see in the shops. Things that are happen to be twice as expensive as on the shopping channels.

Looks like John Scott is very popular. I got to say that he's got a habit of suddenly getting a fit of the giggles. When that happens I normally burst out laughing too. He's infectious

I know exactly what you mean, Keisha...last night he was talking about eating cheesy puffs during his break, or as he pronounced it cheesy poofs...then he quickly said...."Other poofs are available..." when he realized what he had said he went into fits, as did I.:)

John Scott is terrible, i always buy more when he's on!:eek: I think he's def a national treasure, and a major asset to rocks and co. Rocks and co made a very clever hiring there, hes a star.

Caroline Lindsay has annoyed me for years on Gems TV and I always turned off whenever she presented with her ridiculous false awe and disbelief. Same goes for Vicky Burton with her 'hands'. What's all that about! I wish they would both watch recordings of their sales patter and see how ridiculous they both look!

On the other hand I really like John Scott - have never had any experience of him before! Now he is a presenter to watch and enjoy!

I absolutely agree with CALICO - Victoria Burton is embarrassing with the way she hyperventilates when the prices go down. Someone should have a word!

My wife (inevitably!) is the jewellery expert here but she's still trying to work out why the bother with the outrageous multi-thousand pound price tags when they then reduce them to a sensible level.

Maybe I'm just simple but why not just advertise the right price from the start??

I tuned in to Rocks and Co a few days ago, my tv is in my front room, and i was sat in my dining room - doing a crossword - with half an ear listening out to Rocks and Co, just in case a matrix opal should crop up - but on this day, Jerilee was presenting - i was so engrossed in a clue - she squealed so loudly, i jumped out of my skin!!! My poor nerves lol. Anyone would think she was being murdered the way she squealed! She should have a squeal warning alert before she comes on - then you take the precaution of muting the tv for a bit, and wait patiently for John

I don't watch any of them except for John Scott. Vicky is the most fake one, imho. The way she constantly stutters in mock shock, drives me mad. She really takes everybody for first-class fools so I turn her off. Hah!

Yes I hate Ms Burton too, all that dolled-up to the nines look whilst pausing, stuttering and gasping! You'd think she was having heart trouble!

Yes I hate Ms Burton too, all that dolled-up to the nines look whilst pausing, stuttering and gasping! You'd think she was having heart trouble!

Yes I know VickyB is a bit of a drama queen with all that has been mentioned, which detracts from the jewels being shown and puts people watching rocksandco. How much longer can they last with only a 1 to 6pm time slot and presenters who are rather good at acting.

I absolutely agree with CALICO - Victoria Burton is embarrassing with the way she hyperventilates when the prices go down. Someone should have a word!

My wife (inevitably!) is the jewellery expert here but she's still trying to work out why the bother with the outrageous multi-thousand pound price tags when they then reduce them to a sensible level.

Maybe I'm just simple but why not just advertise the right price from the start??

She cannot advertise the final price from the start because the channel is a reverse auction channel, same as gemsTV, same as rocks.TV

How can they be a reverse auction company if every price they sell at is fixed beforehand and controlled by the introduction of a clock?

Latest posts

Back