Is this worth it? - Page 4





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meeshoo part of my job is that if a person attempts to insure a valuable item that is not in fitting with their overall financial standing I pay a visit to the client to establish whether or not the person actually possesses said item and if they do whether or not it is as described in their application for cover. I would not regard myself as a jewelery assessor and would never claim to be, but have been trained by my employers to be able to have a rough idea of overall basic value to enable me to identify attempted fraud. At which point they would call in an independant valuation company.


  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Again I would like to point out that I have not attacked Meeshoo just commented that in this particular case her pictures were not particularly helpful however this did not stop her from being a little discourteous to myself
    If you knew anything about jewelery at all you would know that even 1mm diamonds will sparkle if SI2.
    I have no wish to fight or get involved in a flame war over a difference of opinions. I have no doubt that she has given valuable advice and is valued as a member on this forum and applaud her for it but perhaps she could have contacted me in a pm to express her concerns rather than needlessly dragging out this thread and deviating from the original post.

  3. #33
    Meeshoo Guest

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_yeti73 View Post
    Meeshoo part of my job is that if a person attempts to insure a valuable item that is not in fitting with their overall financial standing I pay a visit to the client to establish whether or not the person actually possesses said item and if they do whether or not it is as described in their application for cover. I would not regard myself as a jewelery assessor and would never claim to be, but have been trained by my employers to be able to have a rough idea of overall basic value to enable me to identify attempted fraud. At which point they would call in an independant valuation company.
    Crikey that's a bit too Big Brotherish for me! I would be appalled if an insurance company felt fit to ask me to justify my jewellery purchases and measured that against my financial standing. I would be livid! I guess the world of false claims is one we live with though but it's a sad old world that it's come to that.

    Edit: Just noticed an angry face has appeared at the top of this particular post - no idea why as I'm sure I didn't put it there :)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land.
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_yeti73 View Post
    I would not regard myself as a jewelery assessor and would never claim to be.
    As such I would hope that you'd be able to at least spell it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_yeti73 View Post
    I have no doubt that she has given valuable advice and is valued as a member on this forum and applaud her for it but perhaps she could have contacted me in a pm to express her concerns rather than needlessly dragging out this thread and deviating from the original post.
    :33:

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meeshoo whenever you insure anything the company does a credit reference so if for example you had a household worth of say 50,000 and then tried to insure a 250,000 item then alarm bells would ring and someone like myself would be asked to investigate.

  6. #36
    Meeshoo Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_yeti73 View Post
    Again I would like to point out that I have not attacked Meeshoo just commented that in this particular case her pictures were not particularly helpful however this did not stop her from being a little discourteous to myself I have no wish to fight or get involved in a flame war over a difference of opinions. I have no doubt that she has given valuable advice and is valued as a member on this forum and applaud her for it but perhaps she could have contacted me in a pm to express her concerns rather than needlessly dragging out this thread and deviating from the original post.
    Why on earth would I want to PM somebody who called one of my posts pointless? Somebody I don't know? Perhaps if you had felt that your posts had been read incorrectly when it was pointed out you could have PM'd me? You were offensive. If I have responded in the same manner then don't you think it was deserved?

    I apologise and corrected your advice earlier because it was seriously flawed and incorrect. You then proceeded to link to sites that were positively unhelpful. If you are assessing based on the Diamondgeezer images then your training is flawed as is your knowledge.

    I would be happy if the moderators would close this thread because as you say, it's deviated away from the original post.

    Perhaps if you would like to continue this in private you PM me and perhaps I can show you more examples that you might like to use and learn from?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Basket Case View Post
    As such I would hope that you'd be able to at least spell it right.



    :33:
    Unfortunately computer has automatic spell check that uses an American dictionary so if you look through my posts you will find a lot of Americanism's :1:

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Inside the QM Gumball Machine
    Posts
    191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Don't mean to butt in, but in America, it's spelt "jewelry".

    Oh, and I also find Meeshoo's advice interesting and helpful. Don't post much but am a frequent reader.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •