Paul Wright and Val Kaye Return to Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Ideal Shopping Direct PLC announces that further to the Company's announcement on 13 January 2009 stating that it had received a requisition notice requesting that the Company convene a general meeting to effect certain changes to the board of the Company ("the Board"), the Board has reached an agreement with the party that requisitioned the meeting in relation to a revised Board structure, and, as a result, the requisition notice has been withdrawn.<br /><br />The following changes to the Board will take place:<br /><br />David Williams, Non-Executive Chairman and Terry Donovan and Susan Ellis, non-executive directors of the Company have resigned from the Board. Paul Wright will replace David as non-executive Chairman; Valerie Kaye will be appointed as a non-executive director of the Company. These changes have taken effect following the Board meeting today.<br /><br />Continuing members of the Board therefore will be Mike Hancox (Chief Executive Officer), Pamela Aujla (Commercial Director), Paul Wright (Non-Executive Chairman) and Valerie Kaye (non-executive director). In addition, Ian Jebson, whose appointment as Finance Director was announced by the Company on 10 December 2008, will be joining the Company on 1 March 2009.

I really do hope that they can put some goodness back into this Channel.

It really does need some new products and some decent PR to go with it.

I hope this is a step in the right direction for IW.

Back to basics

Ideal Shopping Direct PLC announces that further to the Company's announcement on 13 January 2009 stating that it had received a requisition notice requesting that the Company convene a general meeting to effect certain changes to the board of the Company ("the Board"), the Board has reached an agreement with the party that requisitioned the meeting in relation to a revised Board structure, and, as a result, the requisition notice has been withdrawn.<br /><br />The following changes to the Board will take place:<br /><br />David Williams, Non-Executive Chairman and Terry Donovan and Susan Ellis, non-executive directors of the Company have resigned from the Board. Paul Wright will replace David as non-executive Chairman; Valerie Kaye will be appointed as a non-executive director of the Company. These changes have taken effect following the Board meeting today.<br /><br />Continuing members of the Board therefore will be Mike Hancox (Chief Executive Officer), Pamela Aujla (Commercial Director), Paul Wright (Non-Executive Chairman) and Valerie Kaye (non-executive director). In addition, Ian Jebson, whose appointment as Finance Director was announced by the Company on 10 December 2008, will be joining the Company on 1 March 2009.

Now that the company has (presumably) a clean bill of health financially, it will be interesting to see if Ian Jebson hangs on in there - the company has been a bit of a graveyard for financial directors.

Interesting also to see if Mr Wright and Miss Kaye coming back kicks some life into the buying department, presumably in Pam Aujla's remit, as this has been lacklustre for ages, and may be at the root of the company's woes. Fryatt was a large part of the problem, but the dreary repetitiveness of what the company has to offer, and the staleness of the television presentation, is surely cause for concern for the founders. :20:

I havent been around for a while but in all honesty as some of you oldies might well remember i used to spend a lot on Ideal world Buuuut their c/s was shocking.

Lets hope this new takeover of Paul and Val will as has been said put some ummph back into this channel.

Just a thought !!!! Do you now who'd sit well with this new change IMO is Steve Ashton.That man imo can sell sand to an arab ,i think this takeover could do well with Steve's off the cuff,experience and he has a very loyal following who would most definately tune in im sure.I know i would be tempted to watch .

Lets hope all these high hopes that could be for these new changes at IW dont let us down like the last MD.

call me an old cynic but the customer service was no better with these 2 at the helm

call me an old cynic but the customer service was no better with these 2 at the helm

No better??? It was worse. Anyone else remember the on air apologies for poor Customer Service or the hand knitted mobile phone covers (so much for quality goods in the good old days)? At least they cared enough to admit their mistakes!

I certainly hope that they will greatly improve customer services, end this very worrying new develpoment with the "Travel Club" and stop presenters, models and guests repeating the words - " Absolutely Gorgeous " ad nauseam!

I really will not order anything else from them until these conditions are met!

Latest posts

Back