Molton Brown - gone from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i've noticed that there a lot of items on this page http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...yah.ukhb?cm_re=features-_-feature1-_-feature1 and wondered if molton brown was being phased out or revamped. Whatever transpires, it seems that a lot of mb kits will not be returning. :)

you are absolutely right. I was in selfridges london a couple of weeks ago and one of the staff told me that qvc will no longer be selling molton brown . I was shocked as m.b seem to do quite well and sell oodles of stuff. Apparently m.b have been taken over and the new company dont think that qvc are high end enough. Maybe the products have become toooo cheap and he said they wanted customers to come in the shop and not qvc. I said that i thought it was a little drastic as there is a credit crunch and sales are sales. Oh well i wont miss the stuff as i only liked amber cocoon anyways and i visit bisceter village when desperate.

Well that's good news -the brand is getting a bit tired and we might get something new! :ANYWORD::ANYWORD:

But, there won't be any more funny posts about the awfulness of Heavenly Gingerlily and the lady who presents it all!;)

I visited the Molton Brown shop in Bicester Village last week and thought the shop was closing down, a lot of the shelves were empty. I assumed at the time that they were maybe stock-taking or decorating, but who knows ?:confused:

you are absolutely right. I was in selfridges london a couple of weeks ago and one of the staff told me that qvc will no longer be selling molton brown . I was shocked as m.b seem to do quite well and sell oodles of stuff. Apparently m.b have been taken over and the new company dont think that qvc are high end enough. Maybe the products have become toooo cheap and he said they wanted customers to come in the shop and not qvc. I said that i thought it was a little drastic as there is a credit crunch and sales are sales. Oh well i wont miss the stuff as i only liked amber cocoon anyways and i visit bisceter village when desperate.

I can't believe that! I mean they must make loads of money off QVC! What kind of a business would cut off what must be a major source of revenue especially in the current climate!
And what do they mean about QVC not being high end? I mean aren't Decleor and Gatineau high end?
I think they must be crazy. Let's face it. We're all feeling the pinch at the moment. So if you were in the high street you would walk past Molton Brown thinking I can't afford it. However, if you're watching the telly and suddenly Alison Young comes on telling you that you really can't afford not to buy it as it's such are bargain, I think you are much more likely to be sucked in and purchase.
I used to always buy the Christmas tsv to give to friends as gifts. I'm not going to be heading into one of their shops and paying full price.
Frankly, if Molton Brown think I'm not "high end" enough as a qvc customer to buy their products, then I'd better not shop with them any more as I'm obviously too chavvy for Molton Brown!

L'Occitane here I come!

Molton Brown

Hi all

I just logged on to QVC this morning (first thing I do when I get into work :) and I noticed that Molton Brown wasn't on the list of brands and that there was a lot of stuff in the limited stocks. And then I logged on here and saw this thread! I have never bought any MB anyway but as you say, it seemed to be a moneyspinner for QVC. Oh well!

Is there a good website that sells Molton Brown as individual bath products are £16 each in the shpps.. Does any website do any sort of kits? I think this new company that have took over Molton brown have made a silly business move by not including QVC in the equation. These companys that are so into making money and being mean land up closing down altogether. I dont know why they want people to just buy from their shops as we only have one in Nottingham, so how are they expecting to make any profits, as that shop is always empty when I walk by, i am sure there was only me that went in it now and again.

Molton Brown was taken over by a Japenese company, think it was about 2 years ago now and since then quite a lot of changes have taken place.

maybe MB is not such a moneymaker overall, I am sure the core of the sales in the UK is through QVC. I never see any clients in the shops in Selfridges, Harrods, Brent Cross.....Who knows who bought the brand and their business intentions can be completely opposite of customer's needs (remember Pout being sold and the new owner closed down the business?)

Goodness......it really will be the end of an era. :p I know the signs have been there for some time, but did not realise the end was nigh. The Xmas tsv has become quite an event, and a moneyspinner for both parties I am sure.

Will miss pouring derision over daft Jill and her dodgy cut-away tops.

Maybe Jill will retire to a Tahitian Island and her nights will be forever filled with heady expectation....

Very bizarre, I agree with all the points raised re the credit crunch etc, I would have thought MB's best chance of maintaining sales is through QVC. I've often wondered though if anybody pays full price in these shops... I mean the TSV prices do de-value that if you know what I mean. I still don't think they have made the right choice though.

I will miss the Xmas TSV as hubby likes it and I love Heavenly Gingerlily in the bath but I can continue to source that elsewhere anyway.

I agree most shops do look very empty and I always feel that many people who step into them got to know of their products through QVC. I do like their shower gels but REN, Philosophy and L'Occitane could easily take over in my bathroom - MB take note.

I wonder what QVC thought of the decision. I can't imagine they'd let one of their posh brands go without a fight. Molton Brown has been on qvc for years. I'd never heard of it until I saw it there! I think they should sell off all the remaining stock half price!

I wonder what QVC thought of the decision. I can't imagine they'd let one of their posh brands go without a fight. Molton Brown has been on qvc for years. I'd never heard of it until I saw it there! I think they should sell off all the remaining stock half price!

I'd never come across it either Miriam and I think your half-price idea is a winner. :D

Alison commented recently when she was doing an MB set that they couldn't get the level of stock of MB that they wanted at the moment. So I suspect that it was a decision by MB and QVC are not happy.

Latest posts

Back