help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

also, is £99 for the 14ct 0.25ct studs a good price do you think? huggles, what mm are your earrings please? :)

Gemdreamer, I've rummaged around and found the original receipt and authenticity card but the size isn't recorded. This isn't accurate because I put them next to a bog standard measuring tape and I'd say using my eyes that they measure just shy of 3mm, but I stress that is using my eyes which will not be as accurate as jewellers measuring calliper thingy's. If they say your .25ct earrings are 3.3mm then they'll be bigger than mine! Maybe mine are denser? Hope this helps.
DSC00309.jpg

thats great meeshoo, thank you, really helpful. i tried looking on the web myself but couldn't find anything. thanks again :)

just wanted to let you guys know that i did order the stud earrings, 0.25ct 14ct white gold ones, and they arrived today! they are PERFECT! i love them, thank you sooooooo much for all your help.
I wouldn't have ordered them without your imput, so thanks again.

They were a bit hard to get in i must say, but i got there in the end, and they look fab.

:) :) :) :)

any tips, am i ok to leave them in when i wash my hair etc? anything that could harm them? thanks

Yey!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done gemdreamer, so glad you took the plunge and are happy with your new earrings:). I hardly ever take my earrings out these days unless I'm going somewhere special and change to dangly's. I do everything with them in, including showering and dying my hair...(maybe I should take them out when dying my hair but I forget :1:) and they've come to no harm so far. My advice is just don't screw them too tight, but apart from that I don't think you can go far wrong. :)

Yeah!!!!! Great news!

I leave mine in all the time - only take them out weekly for a dip in the ultrasonic! If you do keep them in, just be careful because very occasionally the screws loosen slightly so just check periodically that they're not working loose.

By the way, I think the posts on the screw backs are larger than "normal" posts which is why you had a little trouble getting them in. I have exactly the same problem.

I noticed the posts were longer too meeshoo, i think maybe they are a bit wider on the screw back posts too, as when i couldn't get them to go in, i had to force them in (clearly i wasn't going to admit defeat and not wear them :eek:), my holes are now red and sore. taking the earrings out felt strange too, but the studs are so pretty, well worth some ear hole soreness!

great to know i can leave them in, bit of a nightmare having to keep taking them out and putting them in. I haven't got a sonic cleaner, can i clean them any other way every few weeks to keep them sparkling and at their best? :) :)

Sorry I meant I thought the posts were thicker!

To clean, use a soft old toothbrush and some washing up liquid with tepid water! It's the best thing. Dry using a lint free cloth. Job done!

Latest posts

Back