• 5-8 months

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 9-12 months

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • over a year

Votes: 24 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got the wife an item on the ruby hour thursday night - thought was a fair price for nice item. Some things tho seen lately do seem bit overpriced tho.

Greetings

Its about 8 months since I bought and that was two pendants my Mum wanted for presents. I used to watch nearly every day & buy at least once a week. I HATED the new website & I always prefer to buy nline rather than phone..so that put me off..plus the higher prices & drop in quality. I look at Rocks, but have not bought yet..I buy now Gems pieces that are listed on a well known internet website!!

welcome.gif
from me as well Jilly. Sounds like you should have joined us several months back....mysmilie_1436

Last bought from gems about month ago russet pearl ring took it out of box to look and 3 of the pearls fell off not for the first time have they sent out sub standard stuff

I have been shopping with Gemstv for two years now. I received my last purchases on 11th February 2009. An amethyst and white topaz ring, and a brazilian fire opal. Both are nice - the brazilian fire opal setting has little segments that remind me of a trivial pursuit games counter! It has six little fire opals - 5 all crystal clear, and one (it stands out a mile) is very opaque. But the biggest upset to me, is i had to send the silver amerthyst back lat friday, as the stone fell out of its setting! I should have mentioned about the fire opal at the same time i called cs to inform them of my silver ring. Unfortunately this is not the first time i have received items that have not come up to my expectations. I going to have to suffer withdrawal symptoms, and not shop for some time. Besides i only watch when Scott, Fiona and Sam are on. Sorry to sound moany - but i was so heartbrokely dissapointed when the stone fell out the ring setting.

Sue - c'mon hun, fire up the camera! I think that the Gems photos don't do these items justice. Would love to see a real life shot.
I collected it from my jeweller today so here you are Meesh. My photos don't do it justice at all as it's incredibly sparkly. :pPC:

DSCN5008.jpg

DSCN5010.jpg

Sue that looks GAWJUS! The pink really stands out and doesn't look over-clawed at all. It looks really heavy - is it? It also looks sooooooooooo much better than the photo on their website! Congrats hun. Wear it in good health.

Meesh x

The pink diamonds are bezel set in yellow gold so they really do stand out against the white diamonds and white gold shank Meesh. It's 5 grams and has a lovely backside too lol. :pPC:

DSCN5011.jpg

wow ppc You're ring is really so beautiful and looks so well made also enjoy wearing it!

Oh. Oh my word. Now that is something that could easily have come from Selfridges' Wonder Room.

Really lovely, Sue

Fabulous!

pink.gif
b05716a4.gif
pink.gif
b05716a4.gif
pink.gif
b05716a4.gif

I've seen quite a number of the Pink Diamond range up for auction, but have not seen this heart shaped ring before.......
it must be in very limited quantities? It looks completely saturated in pink diamonds, Sue, I'll bet you can't stop admiring it.

And as you say, the 'backside' also looks very attractive and substantial! :) I'm sure you're on cloud nine owning this lovely piece.

pink.gif
b05716a4.gif
pink.gif
b05716a4.gif
pink.gif
b05716a4.gif

They auctioned 5 on 7/2 in the run up to Valentines Day Sacha and I haven't seen it appear since. It was quite expensive for 9ct (£447) and I was a bit dubious about paying that much for it, but it's worth asking if there are any left as it's deffo worth the money imho. :pPC:

9ct? I wouldn't have guessed. Mind you at 5g of gold that's a lovely weighty piece and, as you say, that's a brilliant price. Have you asked if the pinks are natural or irradiated hun? My guess is natural.

I love it's bum Sue!!!! That's a great finishing touch.

No I didn't ask Meesh cos tbh it wouldn't have mattered to me either way.....I either love something or I don't, and that determines whether or not I buy. :1: :pPC:

:TANTRUM: :TANTRUM: :TANTRUM: I have just seen my ring on Gems1 being sold for £247!! I accept prices do fluctuate (even though imo they shouldn't, at least within the first 30 days) but £200 difference is just not acceptable. :mad: I have emailed CS asking them to honour that price for me....with the amount of money I've spent with them since 2005 I feel a gesture of goodwill wouldn't go amiss. I'll let you know their response. :pPC:

:TANTRUM: :TANTRUM: :TANTRUM: I have just seen my ring on Gems1 being sold for £247!! I accept prices do fluctuate (even though imo they shouldn't, at least within the first 30 days) but £200 difference is just not acceptable. :mad: I have emailed CS asking them to honour that price for me....with the amount of money I've spent with them since 2005 I feel a gesture of goodwill wouldn't go amiss. I'll let you know their response. :pPC:

Oh, no - that's AWFUL when that happens!

I would go ballistic. You know that items may go up or down by say £10/20/25 sometime after you purchased but £200 is taking the absolute wee wee.

Yes Keisha my thoughts exactly. I wouldn't even moan if it went down by £50 as that's the luck of the draw, but £200 is just not fair. :mad:

Thats really bad to go that much lower! don't they put a clock on anymore so they only have to lower the price to what they want to sell it for? i haven't watched since before Christmas!
I hope they honour the price for you or they deserve to loose your custom.

Latest posts

Back