Debbie paver

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

indeedy i can confirm, we all had to turn the telly off and do the hoovering instead when Beady came on!! :wink:

It was actually Mr J who arranged it Mrs J, he said he was fed up being knee deep in battenburg crumbs, and the only thing likely to force you to do any housework was the sight of something so hideous and disturbing, that you'd HAVE to switch off and do something to distract yourself. :tongue: :grin:

Glad to have been of service:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_504:

Last edited:
Well, I can't speak for the others, but I have been on TV recently, as a guest presenter, and if anyone wants to say I look like an old bag, and they didn't like my hair/clothes/make-up/voice, they're quite free to say so - it is after all a free country.

Ooh was it Toilet Duck hon?? (other bog cleaners are available :wink2:)

Nah, could have sworn I saw our Beady on Grand Designs :call:

toilet-house.jpg

Well that one must need a ton of Toilet Duck. :wonder: My Grandad had an outside karsey, you sat on the throne and had to keep your leg out straight to keep the door closed. :giggle:

Well that one must need a ton of Toilet Duck. :wonder: My Grandad had an outside karsey, you sat on the throne and had to keep your leg out straight to keep the door closed. :giggle:

Did he also have the torn up newspaper squares on a string for toilet paper? Ahh, those were the days!:giggle:

Did he also have the torn up newspaper squares on a string for toilet paper? Ahh, those were the days!:giggle:

God thought my Grandad was the only one that ever did that.

There was also the luxury option of a nice roll of Izal, was like tracing paper !!!! :doh:

My MIL used to have that dreadful Izal 'paper', I always had to rememer to take tissues when I went to her house :grin:

Of course!! :rock:

God thought my Grandad was the only one that ever did that.

There was also the luxury option of a nice roll of Izal, was like tracing paper !!!! :doh:

Blimey, that stuff didn't half scratch... :eek:

Yes, we used that at school. "NOW PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS" was printed at each perforation. The playground assistants would only give us one sheet at a time and we had to use it as tracing paper when we ran out in the classroom!!!!

My nan always had that izal stuff. Eventually she started having a roll of Andrex just for when we visited, but she insisted on using Izal. How on earth she found it better than soft loo roll is beyond me. Without getting too graphic, i used to get in a right mess with it, it didn't wipe, it slid :confused:

I think I'd better stop there :mysmilie_460:

I think in all honesty if a good friend or a member of my family was presenting and I came across a thread slagging off the way they looked/spoke/manner etc......I'd be in there like a shot saying "how VERY dare you"! You would wouldn't you? So London Chick's comments, I think are more than understandable. I will admit that I do get a bit infuriated by some of the predictable comments that pop up during this kind of thread, which just say " If you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all" I'll be honest I just want to post the :yawn: (I don't) but London Chick has kind of reminded me that these threads can be read by the person in question, and whilst the person in question is in the public eye, and may have a thick skin and it's all "water off a duck's back" etc, they could still be hurt by it, possibly even more so if you were a friend or family member, reading that people think that their mum, their sister, daughter what have you looks like a corpse/horse/mutton dressed as lamb, or just downright ugly?

Back to Debbie Paver, I know I've contributed to this thread, but LC's comments have made me think a bit, and if you have read, or are reading this you've got your "fly flot" family in Italy, but you've also got a very good friend here in LC!

ps. Hypocritical it may be...but I can't help bunging me tuppence ha'penny's worth into the many Glen Campbell threads, mind you they are as a rule more to do with what he says than his personality/looks!

And why am I not surprised by YOUR predictable retort.

Let's put it this way... your friend, neighbour, mother, sister, aunt, ANYONE... is on the TV shopping channel doing their job. Fair play to them.

Then on some internet forum, you see a load of people bitching about them NOT for their presenting abilities or the standard of their product, but instead for their looks and their personality. Would you, for one, not be slightly peeved that they cannot grasp the notion of ignorance? And, for two, can you see why one would be irritated by the general concept of someone setting up a thread to say such things?

Just for whatever you might think, keep it to yourself. If you can't accept that people can be nice in the real world (perhaps a reflection on how you yourselves see it necessary to bitch online and subsequently can't be that nice as people) then maybe you should think of my first point about how you'd feel it if was someone YOU know.

Oh, is that a bitchy comment, tut tut, that's very ignorant you know :mysmilie_865:

yes, what do you have to say about that Anna? :smirk:

I daren't say anything, there might be some shrinking violet out there who can't get the grasp of an open forum and blows a gasket :mysmilie_455:

Latest posts

Back