How long would you wait for a response from MD?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teddybear581

Registered Shopper
I recently asked for the name of the MD of IW as I have had to large parcels sitting in my hall since christmas awaiting pick up.
I was given the name of Mike Hancox so I wrote to him with the complete details and asked for his help.
Its now been a week and I have not had any reply,so how long would you I think I should wait until I go elsewhere for advice??

I'm really sorry you're having such difficulties with this channel but so many of us have been through it. Personally, I think a week is long enough to wait for some sort of response - an apologetic telephone call is certainly not unreasonable to expect. If I were you I'd now consider approaching Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Can only wish you the best of luck for a speedy outcome to this very frustrating problem.

I recently asked for the name of the MD of IW as I have had to large parcels sitting in my hall since christmas awaiting pick up.
I was given the name of Mike Hancox so I wrote to him with the complete details and asked for his help.
Its now been a week and I have not had any reply,so how long would you I think I should wait until I go elsewhere for advice??

I would certainly expect an acknowlegement of receipt of my letter saying it was being investigated within a week. If he is genuinely checking out your complaint it may take a bit longer to get a proper response.

I knew someone who had a similiar problem with getting a firm (not IW)to pick up a return. After 6 weeks she sent the MD a letter stating that after 8 weeks she would deem that the item now belonged to her, as the company didn't appear to want it back, and she would dispose of it herself. She added that under these circumstances she would invoice them for any costs incurred by the disposal. She finished by advising them that she would also be invoicing them for storage of the item from the date she requested them to collect it until it was either picked up or she got rid of it. She also said she was going to contact the BBC's Watchdog about them. She sent it registered mail and they came and got it a couple of days later.
RG

I knew someone who had a similiar problem with getting a firm (not IW)to pick up a return. After 6 weeks she sent the MD a letter stating that after 8 weeks she would deem that the item now belonged to her, as the company didn't appear to want it back, and she would dispose of it herself. She added that under these circumstances she would invoice them for any costs incurred by the disposal. She finished by advising them that she would also be invoicing them for storage of the item from the date she requested them to collect it until it was either picked up or she got rid of it. She also said she was going to contact the BBC's Watchdog about them. She sent it registered mail and they came and got it a couple of days later.
RG

I was just going to suggest that RomanGirl :) That sort of letter ALWAYS gets a response lol

RG

Thanks for that but unfortunately as IW have the payment then the products actually are owned by me so if I got rid of them I would be the only loser,thats why I dont want to just return them by courier myself. IW would then have both the products and my money and I can only imagine the trouble I would have trying to get a refund....
I did send my letter registered so I guess I will have to try elsewhere.
I dont know if watchdog take on cases were they only have one complaint but there is a "judge" in the Sunday Mail who takes on cases like this so I will probably try him.

Does anyone know the email add. for IW customer relations???

One email sent off to studio......
.I somehow dont think you will be seeing it scrolling along the screen or being read out: though 11::11::54::54:

good luck with your challenge Teddybear. keep a log of any calls and communications you make. send any letter to them by special delivery to keep track of it and state you require a response within X days.

Maybe try ringing the Citizen's Advice Bureau? When I had a lengthy 'issue' with a carpet company, I eventually rang the CAB in desperation, as I was getting nowhere with the company.The CAB gave me legal bits to quote in my letter, plus references to 'paragraph such and such' in the relevant Acts.

Also, if you have a family/friendly solicitor you could tell them what's happening and ask if you can send a copy of the letter to them. I was in the process of selling a house, when my fiasco started, and so I asked my solicitor if I could put his name on the bottom of the letter. He said 'go for it' although he knew I didn't actually want him to contact the firm and therefore there was no charge for just adding his name. It's amazing what c.c. (solicitor's name) at the bottom of a formal letter can do ...... the issue was sorted within days of their receiving my letter. I called their bluff, but it worked.

I hope you get your problem resolved quickly.

Latest posts

Back