Paul McKenna goes channel (S)Hopping

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I always thought those stage hypnotist shows were a set up so when i went to one years age, i volunteered to go on stage ;) Now you're all riveted, aren't ya? :D and i didn't believe it was having any effect until i found myself ballet-dancing round the room whilst talking japanese :( Then he told me ''you need a wee but can't find the door'' and there i was trying to get out the room whilst keeping my legs crossed !!! I was aware of everything i was doing but was confused at to why. Strange, strange experience

Mrs James!! You do surprise me! I never had you down as an exhibitionist!:11:
Will you be purchasing his POTD?

It could trigger something off....imagine waking up in Chester wearing a kaftan adapted tutu, fleaflot ballet shoes and swearing at the Japanese tourists whilst stuffing Battenburg in your mouth...it's quite frightening.

It could trigger something off....imagine waking up in Chester wearing a kaftan adapted tutu, fleaflot ballet shoes and swearing at the Japanese tourists whilst stuffing Battenburg in your mouth...it's quite frightening.

Oh it was.......so they say, typical Cheshire Sect goings on but frightening for visitors ;)

I'm abit wary of self hypnosis...what if something goes wrong and you 'go under' too far... I don't even know if it's possible, but at least if you were with a real person hypnotising you and something went wrong, they would be able to do something to help.

Messing around with the mind is all wrong to me. If you want to lose weight, eat sensibly and exercise a little more than you usually do...I know, some will say it's easier said than done, but there are no quick fixes when it comes to sustained weight loss, every 'miracle' cure ever been hyped up in the media fails in the long run. Simply because if you have a problem with food, you will always have a problem with it untill you deal with the psychology behind why you can't function around food like 'normal' people can, and that needs professional help with lots of one to one councelling, not a Celebrity hypnotist who made his name humiliating people on live telly for the entertainment of the masses
It's all witchcraft, I tell thee :16:

We arent all slaves to Satan Anna , Honestly LOl

Ideal Shopping needs McKenna to work his magic on its share price

Look into my eyes. You are feeling very sleepy. Or at least you would have been if you had tuned in to the television shopping channel Ideal World last Friday night.

Paul McKenna has been snapped up by Ideal World from rival QVC

The channel, which tries to sell items such as sewing machines, satellite navigation systems and steam cleaners to the unsuspecting viewer, announced late last week that it has hired TV hypnotist Paul McKenna to front its 9pm prime-time slot.

Mr McKenna has been pinched from rival shopping channel QVC. His arrival at Ideal World was announced with much pomp, with his new employer saying that it has managed to “lure” Mr McKenna. Sadly, investors are not spellbound. Ideal World is owned by Ideal Shopping Direct, an Alternative Investment Market-listed (AIM) group with a market capitalisation of about £10m.

Mr McKenna may be able to get people to lose weight, or stop them smoking, but there was no persuading the share price to rise last week, as the stock refused to shift above 35p. The group will certainly be hoping that viewers start tuning in to Ideal World on Friday evenings, and that that helps to curb the disastrous performance of the shares over the last year, during which time they have lost more than 85 per cent of their value.

The Independent, 02/03/2009

The problem with his "method" is that it may, if at all work once but it won't be a "sustained cure". He using a method called NPL and is a "flooding" method.

I have yet to hear of anyone who has used any of his CDs and found that it has be of any benefit.

To loose weight, please see your Doctor and use a reputable weight lose group. like Weight Watchers as there can be health risks involved.

The problem with his "method" is that it may, if at all work once but it won't be a "sustained cure". He using a method called NPL and is a "flooding" method.

I have yet to hear of anyone who has used any of his CDs and found that it has be of any benefit.

To loose weight, please see your Doctor and use a reputable weight lose group. like Weight Watchers as there can be health risks involved.

3 stone weight loss kept off for over 4 years , no health problems at all , so for me it works , I have also recommended it it at least 4 friends all of which have lost weight and kept it off.

I lost 2 stone without consciously trying and kept it off for over two years, however i changed jobs to a more sedentary one and gradually put it back on. I started listening to his cd again after Christmas and have lost 9 pounds again. This time I am going to listen to the cd once a week even when I lose all my weight again as I think the NLP wears off if you do not regularly reinforce it. Definately works if you commit to it, which is true of all weight loss programmes.

What did they say (if anything) about returning the DVD/CD????

QVC give a refund for used and returrned dvd/cd's.....

I returned the cd set as it all it did was sent me to sleep......and judging by the huge amount in the QVC outlet shop, so did plenty of other people.

But Ideal World would (in the past) only refund if the seal is intact and therefore you haven't been able to TRY the dvd/cd!!

So if you buy it from IW and it doesn't help you, can you get a refund and did they make their policy clear while trying to flog it????

I turned over as soon as Mr McKenna popped up!

Latest posts

Back