Clogau Gold TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HELLO again...

Just checked....

footballjewellery are still selling discontinued Clogau on eBay.

Hi Pinkpussycat,

I've bought from footballjewellery in the past. I bought three rings, all of which were Clogau and they were far more realistic in price than on the Clogau website or even on QVC!

I bought a celtic twist with an opal in the centre (which I gave to my Mum), a daffodil ring which had two of the sparkliest diamonds I've ever seen in it, and something called a lily ring, which is yellow and white gold with a single diamond. I didn't pay more than £60 for any of them. Far more reasonable but obviously less choice.

Last edited:
Sounds like some great bargains you had there Fruity. :) Worth stalking their listings to see what comes up. ;):pPC:

I'm not a bit happy with Clogau's customer service.My DH bought me two lovely rings for anniversaries,both in white gold,one the Jubilee ring and the other a Tri Adamant ring.I returned both of them to Clogau last Christmas for resizing ( arthritis in my fingers )as it says on their website and in the cataloque that they will do repairs.Both were returned after many phone calls to see what was happening as it was taking so long,to be told they could'nt resize them,but did'nt give any reason why.I thought it was perhaps because it was Christmas time and they were busy.
A couple of months ago I thought I would ask them again as they keep saying they do repairs( and I'm sure that I have read somewhere that if you have another jeweller repair Clogau jewellery it invalidates their workmanship,but I can't find those details now )
Again I had to follow up with phone calls to find out if they were doing anything,and this time I was told that they could'nt resize the rings as they did'nt "have any white gold" but "maybe a local jeweller could do it"So I wonder where they obtained the white gold from for todays shows for item 687486?
I now think that once they've got your money they can't be bothered afterwards.
Oh and the white gold is fading on the underside of one ring as if it had been plated-so I am not a happy bunny.:(

As white gold is naturally yellow but rhodium plated its always recommended that you get it replated every couple of years or so Maykitten, any jeweller worth his salt should have told you that on purchase and given you a care card explaining all this hths

Thanks for that Jabba,but I think they must make jewellery differently these days as my wedding ring is 40 yrs old and white gold, and I've never had to have anything done to it apart from being resized,so I naturally thought Clogau's would be the same ( as it's so expensive ) I've learned my lesson !!!:(

I admired a young woman's white gold wedding and engagement ring one day in work and she told me the engagement ring had to be repolished before the wedding as it was much less shiny than the wedding band.

Thanks for that Jabba,but I think they must make jewellery differently these days as my wedding ring is 40 yrs old and white gold, and I've never had to have anything done to it apart from being resized,so I naturally thought Clogau's would be the same ( as it's so expensive ) I've learned my lesson !!!:(

Hi Maykitten, funny you should say that because my white gold wedding ring is 36 years old and I've never had anything done to it that and it's still white. My son's white gold wedding ring, less than 2 years old, turned yellow within a few months. The jeweller replated it for him but said it was just down to the acid in his skin. My daughter in law has her grandmother's wedding ring (must have been unusual then) but that's still white - just needed cleaning. I think, as you say, they must be made differently now.

Last edited:
Hi Centipede,my mother replaced her "worn out " gold wedding ring for a white gold one ( as she had always liked mine ) quite a few years ago now and the same thing happened to her,I had to take it to be replated,and at the time I could'nt undrestand it but as Jabba says they use rhodium to do whatever they do with it now.

Did anyone else think it a bit strange the way Sarah kept saying 'I'm not allowed to talk numbers'. 'I'm not allowed to tell you how many we've sold already'. Totally weird!

They usually spout stats, limited stock etc left right and centre....

As white gold is naturally yellow but rhodium plated its always recommended that you get it replated every couple of years or so Maykitten, any jeweller worth his salt should have told you that on purchase and given you a care card explaining all this hths

I'm not sure that's correct.

My understanding is that white gold is created by mixing yellow gold with white metals/alloys. It should be white all the way through, not yellow with plating on top.

I'm not sure that's correct.

My understanding is that white gold is created by mixing yellow gold with white metals/alloys. It should be white all the way through, not yellow with plating on top.

I think it is whiter than yellow gold but no quite as white as white gold IYKWIM. After all, gold is yellow to start with so to get it completely white, you'd end up with no gold left in it

I bought a lovely ring at a greatly reduced price from the e-bay seller mentioned above, and I'm very pleased with it. I'm a size N and this size must be very popular because he's rarely got anything in N. The only ring I've seen in the last few months in N is the peridot one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back