Postage and packing.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
How come QVC can send a £2500+ ring to you for £3.45 and then a £12 mascara for £5? I don't get it :31: And would that ring still be sent in a rubbishy padded envelope via 2nd class snail mail?

The P&P charges have always been a strange one to most people and I see today food is on the TV schedule again today - would anyone buy food from them when the p&p charges are so high?

Other places you make an order and pay one postage charge, I realise obviously that's how there stock system works having everything separate but sometime's you do feel the p&p is being used to add a bit more profit on an item.

It's about time QVC looked at their charging policy for P&P, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It annoys me when they say "this product is less than £30" when it's not by the time you add the £6 postage, the first thing we as customers do is add the P&P charge on. If they only did one rate of postage per order no matter how many items ordered it would be different but because everything has to have the P&P on (even if it is the half rate for a second identical item) P&P alwasy has to be taken into account for the product cost to us.

Ridiculously high postage that takes ages to get to you is not competitive in todays market.

I agrre with what has been said about p&p it does not make sense, neither does the time some things take to be delivered. My OH ordered an item from Calafornia US last Friday at 3pm GMT and it arrived at our door on Monday at 2pm. Don't know what the p&p was as it was included in the price of the item but the service beats anything we have ordered before.

I agree Flo, no sense at all.

I've had quite a few recent orders from Amazon on the free delivery, one item arrived the next day and the next two items arrived within 48 hours.

The only time they mention postage on air is if it is free. Then they keep on and on and on about how much you are saving including the postage.:24:

I have always thought and said QVC make money from the postage costs.

this is why ill only buy things from qvc if its a tsv or cant get it anywhere else, even there special post service (wich i paid £6 odd) for recently is crap waited 4 days if that was any where else it would have been the next day, even liz earle stuff gets to me within 3 days normal postage.

I have always thought and said QVC make money from the postage costs.

They certainly do & they really sting you with the p&p on the smaller items especially!
I bought an item the other day which (packed!) weighed less than a 100gm, QVC p&p was £2.95, actual cost to post 95p!
Now obviously they will burble on about packaging materials, warehouse staff blah blah blah but even so!
In this case the packaging was a cheap padded envelope, in the quantities QVC would be buying them in, these would cost them pennies, literally! :12:

As I do when buying things on eBay, I mentally incorporate the p&p into the real total cost for the item & then judge whether it's still a good price or not! Still moan though! lol

They certainly do & they really sting you with the p&p on the smaller items especially!
I bought an item the other day which (packed!) weighed less than a 100gm, QVC p&p was £2.95, actual cost to post 95p!

QVC will probably pay for these under a contract rate that is the same for any item up to a fixed weight. About time they faced the fact many people would shop online with them and actually increase their spend if the order was grouped together with postage discounted.

QVC are not alone in charging, my friend was recently going to buy some Lock and Lock from somenone selling on Amazon and they were charging pand p for each item, for what she wanted the pandp was going to cost £15.So she did not order.
compnies do have to pay for postage and packaging so it is going to be included in their costs somewhere.

Postage and packing

On a couple of occasions when I've returned items, taken them to the PO and asked to send them 2nd class, I've been told they are over the weight limit for 2nd and will have to go 1st. Yet when I've pointed out to the counter clerk that it was sent to me 2nd class, I've been told that companies pay different rates to the public. Obviously less. Also, when I have returned items 2nd class I've often paid something like £1.68 but been charged £4/£5 by QVC. So they are definitely making a profit on the p&p they charge customers.

But do you think that their excessive postage rates are because they are allowing people to try everything on a 30 day money back guarantee. I suppose if you think about the amount of cosmetics people try and then send back (when they then can't seel them again) and other items they then have to sell at a discounted price, they have to add the charge in there somewhere?

But do you think that their excessive postage rates are because they are allowing people to try everything on a 30 day money back guarantee. I suppose if you think about the amount of cosmetics people try and then send back (when they then can't seel them again) and other items they then have to sell at a discounted price, they have to add the charge in there somewhere?

Aren't the incurred costs on their returns simply passed onto the original supplier/manufacturer though, thus not really costing QVC much at all, if anything? I always thought that was how it worked?

Aren't the incurred costs on their returns simply passed onto the original supplier/manufacturer though, thus not really costing QVC much at all, if anything? I always thought that was how it worked?

I think AY has said that several times:33:

I wonder this too - after always assuming that the 30 day MBG was covered by the one postage cost per item.

If the acceptance of returns in all circumstances (i.e. not just faulty products) is borne by the supplier then wow - I take my hat off to QVC for their negotiation skills - impressive.

On saying that, why are returns then recycled? It is damaging to QVCs reputation with no real benefit to them.

All very puzzling.

I think that anything bought on telly or over the net should be priced so that the p and p is part of the item price.

After all, you cannot turn up on the doorstep and offer to take the goods away yourself...

I think it also makes you put more thought into whether to buy or not. If p & p was a lot lower people would send more thing back as there's less to lose. If p & p is £4 or £5 I do take into consideration that I will lose that if I send something back just because I don't like it or have changed my mind.

Latest posts

Back