The new Bid.tv...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If this is for real, do not have the same stuff like beauty, jewellery etc. have usefull products and no refurbished rubbish. And no own brand names like snake serum. I'll bet pope pete will be on bid. no flipping assistants just annoying. Marina berry only decent assistant on there, she needs to be main presenter, if this works. Anyone got ideas for this too work ?

Yes, to try and make it through one month without the Avertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards fining them...........I know I know it's a tall ask.

I am sceptical about all this now mainly because they are saying they are bringing all the bid shopping brands back to me this is suicide with no guaranteed tv channel for bid.tv let alone the others.

The overheads for one channel will be huge from paying the on screen presenters, to buying items in advance that they can't pay for until they are sold, to tv production costs, warehouse storage, employing staff etc etc.

I am beginning to wonder just what is going on with this and how much of this is actually fact.

They've said on Twitter that it will launch online at first - there's more chance of Win Cash Live getting back on TV (which is nil) than Bid TV returning to... TV.

I see Mark Ryes has been sniffing around, his tweets to young'ens really make my skin crawl and I'm surprised it doesn't put employers off him.

They've said on Twitter that it will launch online at first - there's more chance of Win Cash Live getting back on TV (which is nil) than Bid TV returning to... TV.

I see Mark Ryes has been sniffing around, his tweets to young'ens really make my skin crawl and I'm surprised it doesn't put employers off him.

I agree, he is a nasty little man who's persona, as well as what he says, rude, arrogant and creepy. I wouldn't employ him if my business depended on it.

"Crap", Greg? What can you mean? Don't you mean top-quality products at unrepeatable prices with realistic p & p charges and accurate descriptions given by professional presenters? Er....now I come to think of it...I think you were right first time = Crap! Bring back James Russell and Perfume Pete or I'm not watching!!

Will the crap return from Ideal World?

You can be sure Perfume Pete will be back with his smells which laid dormant since Bid closed....

Is using the exact same branding as a company that went to the wall and has a bad reputation a good idea, it may save money than making new branding but these days branding isn't a dear thing.

A proper fresh start may have been a better idea, the cube branding was never that good anyway they should have gone back to the arrows branding if they wanted to keep the image the same.

Are bid going back to the London acton studio's ? Are bid not going to use the ideal world graphics ? Hated the graphics and style of ideal world. Go back to the old graphics and music. Are they going to have different products ? Are they going to employ male and female presenters not just female and not just male ? Are they going to employ the likes of andy hodgson ,greg scott, paul ross, james whale and marinia berry, sally jacks ? P & P needs to be £4.99 not £7.99 for a £1 product. T.V presenter's need to realise they also killed bidtv did a certain male presenter said they earned £30,000 a show maybe wrong there but he said that on ideal world. They need products that are usefull and not just beauty and jewellery nonsense. Phew a lot to take in.

lisa brash ‏@lisabrash

so happy @bidtv is relaunching, im hoping its back to the good old days where products were gr8 and the madness was even better good luck xx

Eh 'ang on a minute, which BidTv is she on about? because as far as I'm concerned, the only thing she's got right is the "madness" bit, the products were shine a light, expensive rip off shine a light at that!

I think she's trying to keep her foot in the door :wink: same as pocketsized Ryes

Most definitely........can't stand that nasty little man Mark Ryse, if they employ him they deserve to fail, he's rude, arrogant, disrespectful and did I mention arrogant?

The worry angels selling was a disgrace, and just one instance where they crossed the line, IMO. To imply that talking to a lump of glass would help to solve your problems as an alternative to getting professional help, if needed, should have got them taken off air for a time - hit 'em where it hurts, I say. Fining is OK up to a point, but they seem to accept they will be fined at some point and allow for it (let's face it, with their p&p charges they probably could well afford the fines!) and I don't think that's enough. There should be much tougher penalties on these channels, as they often stretch the truth like it's a bit of elastic.

I remember Barra Boi Mason selling those glass worry angels and saying "people have said to me we're playing on the vulnerable......I have serious issue with that!" Guess what, two weeks later fined by Advertising Standards Authority for yes, "playing on the vulnerable" they had serious issue with that. Mason had said while selling them that it was cheaper than talking to a professional, basically that these pieces of glass would solve your problems, that's just one of the hundreds of times that Bid TV/Sit-Up LTD were find for gross misconduct, the fines they got from Trading Standards though were for other things.

Last edited:
The worry angels selling was a disgrace, and just one instance where they crossed the line, IMO. To imply that talking to a lump of glass would help to solve your problems as an alternative to getting professional help, if needed, should have got them taken off air for a time - hit 'em where it hurts, I say. Fining is OK up to a point, but they seem to accept they will be fined at some point and allow for it (let's face it, with their p&p charges they probably could well afford the fines!) and I don't think that's enough. There should be much tougher penalties on these channels, as they often stretch the truth like it's a bit of elastic.

Well said H, they're the lowest of the low anyway, but you're right, they well and truly crossed the line there, to take advantage of the sick and vulnerable is totally unacceptable.

I wonder what became of Liz Taylor? I used to have a major crush on her. She was one sexy woman and sharp as a tack with it.

Just found this thread, didn't realise rumours of Bid returning were confirmed. I got the impression that Lisa Brash's tweet may have been a hint that she would like to return. I've no idea what she has done since Bid and seen nothing online about her. I am curious about where former presenters end up (all right nosy is a better word!). Just hoping that the worry angels never return, I have nothing to add that has not already been said here.

Latest posts

Back