Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I notice quite a few photos of dead plants arriving. But aren't they shipped directly from the company?

On the money saving site, there is a thread about people complaining about Thompson and Morgan's plants arriving dead.

Yes, I notice quite a few photos of dead plants arriving. But aren't they shipped directly from the company?

On the money saving site, there is a thread about people complaining about Thompson and Morgan's plants arriving dead.

They can’t be leaving the suppliers in a thriving state can they
I saw the pick of the month roses presentation earlier, how they can continue to sell when clearly they are arriving dead.

I buy a fair amount of plants from QVC and most of them are fine, however, I did recently get a refund from some Plants2Gardens begonias which despite my very best efforts all rotted away at the stem/root and died. Money back no problem. I find the bigger the plant the better chance it has of surviving although they cost more. I rarely buy plug plants as they inevitably die - which might of course be my fault rather than the plant's and I grow a lot myself from seed. I can't say I've ever had a problem with CS and refunds over gardening items and I've never been asked to send photos or return them.

CC

Me neither! I have bought quite a few plants from Q & RJ always used to stress the guarantee on plants if there were any issues. I remember having disappointing results with T & M fuchsias & there was no problem with a refund. Never been asked for photos etc I am a huge fan of Raymond Evison clematis & I ordered them around 10 yrs ago & they still put on a fantastic display & impress the neighbours. Can't fault the CS service!

My only 4 orders in over a year were for plants.

Fist lot arrived in very good condition to be planted straight out and doing well so far

Second lot arrived very small sent out far too early had a hell of a faff on windowsills eventually planted out but not thriving despite all the effort.

Third was a garden chair excellent delivery etc

Fourth never arrived after weeks of chasing up eventually got a refund.

Unlikely to buy again even though I find it difficult to get anything out of the ordinary locally, ok for bog standard stuff and the likes of Dobbies are poor condition and as expensive as Q.

It doesn't seem to matter the supplier, I've found buying plants through the post is more often than not disappointing.

The best was buying dry root roses around 20 years ago(from David Austin) - the plants were in excellent condition and planted up perfectly... and continue to thrive to this day. I was extremely pleased about that as it was a retirement gift.

I agree about DA roses direct from their website I have a few doing great for years.

I purchased tulips from a very reputable supplier 2 years ago and they were poor in comparison to ones bought off the shelf.

I haven't bought plants from the Q but have purchased from several independent nurseries & had excellent service receiving healthy plants that were well-packed complete with planting advice & culture guides. Sometimes the smaller the better.

I bought a set of six garden succulents from QVC recently. They were from Thompson and Morgan, so having read reviews about the state some of their plants arrive in, I was expecting to take delivery of a set of stalks.

I must be one of the lucky ones though because, when they turned up, they were healthy looking plants which are now thriving in the garden.

My Richard Jackson geraniums never arrived although I did get a letter telling me they weren't sending them as the quality wasn't good enough. Not a very good advert for RJ. I was a wee bit peeved as there's a big gap in the border where they were going to go but as the dog likes sunbathing there maybe it was just as well (and money saved).

CC

It doesn't seem to matter the supplier, I've found buying plants through the post is more often than not disappointing.

The best was buying dry root roses around 20 years ago(from David Austin) - the plants were in excellent condition and planted up perfectly... and continue to thrive to this day. I was extremely pleased about that as it was a retirement gift.

A wonderful company led by a man who had vision. I too love their roses & have always had excellent service from them. We live quite near to the nursery & it's a beautiful place to visit even if I do spend my time there sniffing like a Bisto kid.

Oh, interesting one today.

A man bought a phone did not like sent back, QVC has taken two easy payments even though he said it shows signed for by them. To stop them taking more and he has bank charges because of this he stopped his card. QVC decided to take a payment from his wife's card as she has her own account with QVC. One of the Stan's saying QVC are entitled to do this if another card is registered on his account. He said no there is none and his wife's card is only for her account. So he has reported to his bank and they have raised a fraud investigation.

A man bought a phone did not like sent back, QVC has taken two easy payments even though he said it shows signed for by them. To stop them taking more and he has bank charges because of this he stopped his card. QVC decided to take a payment from his wife's card as she has her own account with QVC. One of the Stan's saying QVC are entitled to do this if another card is registered on his account. He said no there is none and his wife's card is only for her account. So he has reported to his bank and they have raised a fraud investigation.

Sounds iffy to me. How likely is it that Q has the system to do this they are so incompetent. Probably will turn out that they used the other card once a couple of decades ago which they have forgotten about.

What was the post re JR and crocheting baby clothes about?

God help us if our Sophie is expecting we will never hear the end of it. She will be in competition with AK and KT as to who is the most glamorous granny.

Sounds iffy to me. How likely is it that Q has the system to do this they are so incompetent. Probably will turn out that they used the other card once a couple of decades ago which they have forgotten about.

More than a few times over the years Q have tried to take payments from me on a card that's just expired and I do have other registered cards with them. Every single time they have phoned me to tell me the problem and I have authorised them to take it from a different card or just paid the amount off over the phone. They've never just decided to switch to another card without asking.

CC

That made me laugh too. The idea of them managing to work out how to take payment from someone’s partner’s card is laughable. Fraud requires intelligence. If the person finds out they were wrong and it’s like you say, they just forgot about giving QVC details of another card, I doubt they will be posting again to admit it.

More than a few times over the years Q have tried to take payments from me on a card that's just expired and I do have other registered cards with them. Every single time they have phoned me to tell me the problem and I have authorised them to take it from a different card or just paid the amount off over the phone. They've never just decided to switch to another card without asking.

CC

Ditto. I bought a TSV on Auto Delivery a couple of years ago and even though I rang them as soon as I got a replacement card, every time an Auto Delivery was due, I either had a call or a letter to say payment could not be taken from my (old) credit card and I had to let them have the new details again. Their systems were/are so creaky, they just couldn’t cope.

What was the post re JR and crocheting baby clothes about?

God help us if our Sophie is expecting we will never hear the end of it. She will be in competition with AK and KT as to who is the most glamorous granny.

She was selling a long length bolero (?) in the 5pm slot & linked the style to the fact that she was crocheting baby clothes but couldn't say any more. I suppose it could be for her daughter or Ms Nairn or Ms Everton who said Ickle Claire is her mummy role model or Ms Kramer who looks quite large at present...

That made me laugh too. The idea of them managing to work out how to take payment from someone’s partner’s card is laughable. Fraud requires intelligence. If the person finds out they were wrong and it’s like you say, they just forgot about giving QVC details of another card, I doubt they will be posting again to admit it.

Ditto. I bought a TSV on Auto Delivery a couple of years ago and even though I rang them as soon as I got a replacement card, every time an Auto Delivery was due, I either had a call or a letter to say payment could not be taken from my (old) credit card and I had to let them have the new details again. Their systems were/are so creaky, they just couldn’t cope.

Same experience here. With AD you have to check they have gone through and cancelled every drop. With EP you have to pay on the original card, no switching horse mid-ride. Also with AD they can't cope with applying delivery company preferences, so you have to remember when it's about to be shipped and try and get them to change it from Hermes. It's the daftest thing. I have stopped going AT as a result of all the fact with payment cards and this. You'd think they would want to make it as hassle-free as possible to spend money with them... But "computer says no"!!!

Has the husband/wife card payment post been pulled? I didn’t see it only from Donna’s post.

If husband had deleted it (I assume he can.) that says to me he has realised his mistake and instead of being a big boy and owning up he has deleted it and run off.

This is terrible - if it is indeed as he says....Re the wife thing - he & wife could be divorced - & yet they still took payment & yet that's after his return....WTAF???

I forgot the Stan definition -aren't Stan's misery gut's people, or are they kill joy's?

Latest posts

Back