Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I reckon they’ll have him back. After all, they hired the creep in the first place didn’t they?

Ideal World doesn’t strike me as a Paragon of Virtue.

Just buy it :mysmilie_59:

85E8D214-580C-422C-B18B-08B76ECE69FA.jpeg

I reckon they’ll have him back. After all, they hired the creep in the first place didn’t they?

Ideal World doesn’t strike me as a Paragon of Virtue.

Just buy it :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16226

If there isn't an Ofcom investigation (which I think will only happen if anyone has made a formal complaint to them) then it's fairly likely he will be back before Christmas, especially if they're short of presenters for whatever reason. Even if he's employed on a freelance basis, he has only been suspended as opposed to being publicly dismissed (even if that might suggest liability on Ideal World's part), and that says it all.

If there isn't an Ofcom investigation (which I think will only happen if anyone has made a formal complaint to them) then it's fairly likely he will be back before Christmas, especially if they're short of presenters for whatever reason. Even if he's employed on a freelance basis, he has only been suspended as opposed to being publicly dismissed (even if that might suggest liability on Ideal World's part), and that says it all.

Dirty Peter is vile but if they do fire him then it’s possible we’ll see more of Nanty, SHREQUE or Creepy Crawley.

Not a pleasant thought :mysmilie_59:

EB51E817-F0E2-4EF8-8F52-D4A133681327.jpegA28CB076-E3C5-4D70-B0A8-72332990E2F8.jpg6D4D560C-06A3-4094-B148-4A8F555AACA3.jpeg

Sadly all of Peter Simon's shows have been removed from the Ideal World website (though understandable). Peter Simon allegedly got angry due to a technical glitch during a Dormeo mattress show he presented at 10pm last Thursday (when Peter said "on the Dormeo website" it should have triggered a display of said website but for whatever reason(s) this didn't happen; I've seen something similar happen before), and as a result of his frustration he then blurted out “Unless you’re Polish or you’re from Latvian countries and you just shouldn’t be here...”

Uh-oh.

Peter has since apologised for his comments but Ideal World have suspended him for the time being whilst they conduct an internal review. Peter may have been 'entertaining' but judging from his past behaviour he was also a major liability waiting to happen, and whilst it's true that many of his mistakes were amusing (for example, referring to Android as 'Andrew'), any television presenter cannot afford to, ahem, run the risk. Presenters need to think on their feet and perform under pressure, competently handling varied and conflicting demands of live television especially when things go wrong as they inevitably do, and Peter Simon it seems was incapable of doing that task.

This could be a tragic end for Peter Simon's career...

Just read this in the Metro over lunch at work. I nearly fell off my chair! He is a horrible little man... The article said he was 56, only 5 years older than me! (If it is true of course...)

That clip. The thing is he can't have been winging that because of the music. More than just him must have been involved in planning that section. Which makes it even worse. What an utter creep.

And Dave, if we are discussing horrid little oiks lets not forget the delightful Gollum flogging worry angels. I'm sure you've seen the clip.

How could we forget that! What a bunch of fibbers and charlatans! I really feel it must have taken a lot for management to remove DP for the time being. Surely the powers that be must pull them in line after this outburst to keep their comments in check, as well as being told, start telling the truth.

How could we forget that! What a bunch of fibbers and charlatans! I really feel it must have taken a lot for management to remove DP for the time being. Surely the powers that be must pull them in line after this outburst to keep their comments in check, as well as being told, start telling the truth.

Such as, these worry angels are just a piece of cheap glass that do absolutely nothing

I found it interesting how Peter rattled off his casual racism with the confidence of a man that can say whatever he wants when the show doesn't go his way for 8 seconds.

While Peter is off air , here is my favourite clip of him for us all to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f1SyIKMpWs

'I met a wonderful person who became one of the funniest men I've ever met ...'

I was, and I mean this seriously, waiting on him saying seriously something like 'and Bobby Davro said to me ...'

I wasn't aware of the outburst. As others have touched on, his true colours showing through. I don't have much room to talk in that I don't watch IW much these days, however if he's gone for good I wouldn't look on it as a bad thing. However, if he's one of their best sellers (I'm not saying he is, I'm saying 'if' he is) the management will want him back without a shadow of a doubt.

I cant see how he could return to the Vostok sales pitch bearing in mind his racist attitude towards eastern europeans to be honest.
Kevski and Igor surely wouldnt have it at any price

I think, once the dust settles, it'll be business as usual......unfortunately

'I met a wonderful person who became one of the funniest men I've ever met ...'

I was, and I mean this seriously, waiting on him saying seriously something like 'and Bobby Davro said to me ...'

I wasn't aware of the outburst. As others have touched on, his true colours showing through. I don't have much room to talk in that I don't watch IW much these days, however if he's gone for good I wouldn't look on it as a bad thing. However, if he's one of their best sellers (I'm not saying he is, I'm saying 'if' he is) the management will want him back without a shadow of a doubt.

I'll be sad to see him go in terms of him providing a talking point, but the reality is that he is dangerous to people's wallets.

Maybe Dirty Peter has been canned, he’s no longer listed as a Goon.

I wonder what he’ll do now, would anyone else have him?

Are there any other Selly Telly channels that are even lower rent than Ideal World that might give him a go? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/our-presenters?icn=f_fb-04_our-presenters&ici=f_fb-04

They may also need to change Jeremy Edwards one too... seeing as it says he used to make tea for Peter Simon at the Beeb (that cannot possibly be true surely?)

on a side note, Jeremy Edwards seems far too nice for this business. He looks disgusted by the things he is told to say at times.

Latest posts

Back