Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lot of beauty bloggers are raving about Two Faced Born This Way concealer,better than Shape Tape,I’ve not tried it yet.

Two Faced tends to be very very yellow based.

I know I bought the foundation to try as so many raving about it. So checked the colours online at their own site before hitting Debenhams, they did give descriptions of the shades. The one for me was described as neutral tone and off I went and bought it. No, it was yellow. Even on Makeupalley, I have read quite a few saying the shades no matter how they describe as neutral or even pink based are far too yellow for many.

Becca has a new foundation Skin Blurring and it is also quite yellow in all tones. Some shades more than others.

The thing I like about Shape Tape and Leigh said this and it is actually true. It sort of gives a smooth effect, like looking at a newly plastered wall. It wipes out any bumps or lines under your eyes. You don't even need to powder over it if you don't want. I do have a quick swipe of a brightening powder.

I know I bought the foundation to try as so many raving about it. So checked the colours online at their own site before hitting Debenhams, they did give descriptions of the shades. The one for me was described as neutral tone and off I went and bought it. No, it was yellow. Even on Makeupalley, I have read quite a few saying the shades no matter how they describe as neutral or even pink based are far too yellow for many.

Becca has a new foundation Skin Blurring and it is also quite yellow in all tones. Some shades more than others.

The thing I like about Shape Tape and Leigh said this and it is actually true. It sort of gives a smooth effect, like looking at a newly plastered wall. It wipes out any bumps or lines under your eyes. You don't even need to powder over it if you don't want. I do have a quick swipe of a brightening powder.

Very helpful, thanks. Looking fwds to your thoughts on the I.t product. Which brightening powder do you use please?
On another point, you'll miss Debenhams if your local one closes. Such a shame about the high street......

Laura Mercier does a good brightening powder, but other brands also do them.

My Debenhams not closing does need a good refit as it is very tired. My House of Fraser also will not close, even if they go into receivership Glasgow and it would be sold as going concerns as they are the best performing in all of the UK and Ireland. They cleared their half million rent bill without a problem on time.

Laura Mercier does a good brightening powder, but other brands also do them.

My Debenhams not closing does need a good refit as it is very tired. My House of Fraser also will not close, even if they go into receivership Glasgow and it would be sold as going concerns as they are the best performing in all of the UK and Ireland. They cleared their half million rent bill without a problem on time.

My HOF is closing...I'm gutted. So are you in Glasgow, or Ireland? Hope you don't mind my asking...I'm in the Cotswolds....

Just wondering if a yellow base to the concealer (too faced) would be beneficial in cancelling out any blue tones?

Belfast. We have a massive tourist industry now, cruise liners in every week.

I'd love to visit Belfast....don't like the sound of all those liners though....we almost had a 6mth post to Derry for work but in the end someone else went....Maybe because we insisted on taking the Dog & Cat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I mean't how much retinol is in the Judith Williams retinol serum. The website (hers) doesn't have the ingredients. I guess I wondered if retinol featured high in the listings or not.
For the ingredients list you might have a look at HSE24.de, they always have the ingredients in the description (nearly at the bottom of the page), but as far as I see, they don't have that serum at the moment. Codecheck has the ingredients: https://www.codecheck.info/kosmetik...eauty_Institut_Gesichts_Serum_mit_Retinol.pro

Well, my It Bye Bye arrived yesterday, I had just taken my makeup off and did not want to play with it.

So left until today.

Firstly. The tube is not full, there is a good gap before the product comes out. Have read a number of complaints about the smaller tubes are the same. So I squeezed it before taking the cap off that way not too much product comes out.

The shade to me is a neutral not yellow, I got the Medium which is called Light Medium on the box.

The product reminds me of https://www.spacenk.com/uk/en_GB/ma...865.html?dwvar_MUS300022865_color=US300022865 So very thick in texture.

Secondly. The brush is lovely BUT do not use it, well not for under the eyes. This product is far too thick almost like oil based paint if you know what I mean. I did a google and everyone said damp beauty blender sponge. So that is what I used and yes is spreads the product and thins it out under the eyes. I used my usual Becca under eye brightener first and then tapped a tiny amount of the Bye Bye then blended with the damp sponge. I would say even mix with a tiny bit of eye cream would also sheer it out. The coverage for me is the same as Shape Tape, I might add a little more to the inner corner of my eye.

Oh, you get a sample of the Bye Bye eye cream as well.

Still on the shelf whether to keep or not? Going to leave it on for a few hours more and see how it performs.

Donna you are supposed to squeeze a bit onto your fingertip and tap it with your other finger for a few seconds and it warms the product up and it it much easier to apply and blend out. They did used to demo this but have not shown it on this visit for some reason.

Sorry, I did tap it on my fingers and then dotted along the under eye area. But the Beauty Blender really did work. A few hours later it was still in place and did not feel heavy. I watched a few youtube videos of different people applying it and all used a damp sponge You can feel the end of the tube has no product in it, just squeeze and nothing there. Yes, it does have 30g in it.

The only demo being shown on QVC is the one for the face.

As for the brush no7, oh dear. So many complaints and reviews online saying the bristles fall out some only using for two months, or the whole head just comes off!

Duly ordered, but I let myself down by also getting the AD Skin Synergy duo for c£54 inc postage. But checking Amazon, one bottle is £38 so that would be £76 for the 100ml. Bit of self-justification there!!!!! I must hold off until M&B day now.

Latest posts

Back