diet product overload

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry Choppysocks, but that is too much weight far too quickly. The dietian has told me the ideal is half a stone in a month to six weeks.

Yeah I know its above what they recommend 1-2lbs per week, but I'm not knocking it! Time will tell if it all piles back on! :muscle:

An initial weight loss usually includes a lot of excess fliud from the body but I've heard that 1lb a week is the average weight loss on a sustained diet. That means a decrease in 3,500 calories so if you plan to cut down what you eat by 500 cals on a daily basis you'll lose 1lb a week. Seemples!

An initial weight loss usually includes a lot of excess fliud from the body but I've heard that 1lb a week is the average weight loss on a sustained diet. That means a decrease in 3,500 calories so if you plan to cut down what you eat by 500 cals on a daily basis you'll lose 1lb a week. Seemples!

Thats my understanding too so it should continue at 1lb per week for me.

Yeah I know its above what they recommend 1-2lbs per week, but I'm not knocking it! Time will tell if it all piles back on! :muscle:

5lb loss in the first couple of weeks on this kind of diet can almost be expected tbh, as fairynuff says some of this weight will be fluid so once you settle into the programme then an average of 1lb pw is normal weight loss. You're only trying to lose a relatively small amount of weight so I think you'll reach your goal without the plateau often experienced on low cal plans - ie when your body gets used to low cal and compensates to stop you wasting away.

I know that your goal for this plan is only short term so if you return to a healthy eating pattern after this plan, taking with you everything you have learned about portion size, then I think you really can keep it off, you're a sensible lady when it comes to food and diet!

That's what people who don't need to diet, always say. I can assure you that even with vast reserves of will power and common sense, some people's bodies resist losing weight, it's not all about calorie intake. Often, it's about finding the right diet for you. I eventually discovered that I wasn't consuming enough calories, even on sensible well-known diet plans. Low carb, high fat works for me - it certainly doesn't work for, or appeal to, everyone. I am not, and never have been, a couch potato either, so please don't jump to conclusions.

As for this diet plan, It wouldn't appeal to me and I think it's a hard regime to follow for months. However, it's what many of the rich and famous do and many like to emulate them by copying beauty regimes, exercise plans etc., this is no different. My only gripe, apart from the expense is that it isn't the Lifestyle change needed to lose weight and keep it off, but it's handy for people who want all the thinking done for them.

I think you will find, if you read my post, that at no point did I insinuate that anyone who finds it difficult to lose weight is a couch potato. The reason for my post was to highlight the way in which companies take advantage of such people.

This would never work for me as I have no will power. I would work my way through all the snacks in a few days, could not ration them out over the month. The only way I could follow the diet is if the meals were delivered to me everyday, which I guess is how the A list celebs get theirs!

(Mind you all this has to change now I have type 2 diabetes).

Linda xx

This would never work for me as I have no will power. I would work my way through all the snacks in a few days, could not ration them out over the month. The only way I could follow the diet is if the meals were delivered to me everyday, which I guess is how the A list celebs get theirs!

(Mind you all this has to change now I have type 2 diabetes).

Linda xx

I'm the same, Linda. I can't have cakes or biscuits in the house as they 'call' me and insist I take them out of the cupboard and eat them all at once. ;)

I think you will find, if you read my post, that at no point did I insinuate that anyone who finds it difficult to lose weight is a couch potato. The reason for my post was to highlight the way in which companies take advantage of such people.

I apologise unreservedly, you didn't say that and I shouldn't have implied that you did. I had had a similar conversation earlier in the day with a (skinny) acquaintance who said that all overweight people just needed to cut calories and get off their backsides and do some exercise. Oh, if only it was that simple! She had related it to the fact that it has taken me "a whole year" to lose 4 stones - something of which I'm very proud.
I had spent the previous 5 years controlling calories and exercising like mad with no result, so I still take issue with your remark that all it takes is will-power and common sense as I have both those qualities in abundance. However, I was rude and out of order.

A 4st weight loss in a year is quite an achievement so give yourself a massive pat on the back Artemis! I know as we get older our metabolic rate seems to slow down and our bodies seem to function on fewer calories, but you sound as if you are doing really well so take no notice of "knockers"!

A 4st weight loss in a year is quite an achievement so give yourself a massive pat on the back Artemis! I know as we get older our metabolic rate seems to slow down and our bodies seem to function on fewer calories, but you sound as if you are doing really well so take no notice of "knockers"!

Thank you , my Lovely, I'm thrilled too. I had been skinny all my life until 6/7 years ago when I suffered depression and virtually stopped eating. It obviously affected my metabolism because when I got my appetite back, I just grew and grew until I was 6 stones overweight. I wasn't comfort eating, just regular portions. No matter what I did, I couldn't shift it until I changed to low carb which really suits my body, apparently.Just another 2 stones to go! It's bliss being able to go into "normal" shops again for clothes.

Thank you , my Lovely, I'm thrilled too. I had been skinny all my life until 6/7 years ago

Snap. I was picked on as a child for being skinny, and was a very slim size 8 until 10years ago when I worked permanant nights for some years and piled on four stone.

I sit in a very strange camp. I have in my head a view about being overweight, and how it affects health, and when I was thin I was one of those knockers who thought that all fat people could easily lose weight if they cut down the food and did some exercise. In a way some of those thoughts (I'm ashamed to say) have never really left me, and being a health worker, I really think that people should help themselves.

However, with my own long journey losing weight, and knowing what a challange it can be has made me appretiate the struggles that folk have (me included). I think what I dont like are excuses for not trying.

I think that basically as long as people make a true effort to lose weight, I have every sympathy for the daily battles they have.

I know it can be done, and I know it is not easy.

Snap. I was picked on as a child for being skinny, and was a very slim size 8 until 10years ago when I worked permanant nights for some years and piled on four stone.

I sit in a very strange camp. I have in my head a view about being overweight, and how it affects health, and when I was thin I was one of those knockers who thought that all fat people could easily lose weight if they cut down the food and did some exercise. In a way some of those thoughts (I'm ashamed to say) have never really left me, and being a health worker, I really think that people should help themselves.

However, with my own long journey losing weight, and knowing what a challange it can be has made me appretiate the struggles that folk have (me included). I think what I dont like are excuses for not trying.

I think that basically as long as people make a true effort to lose weight, I have every sympathy for the daily battles they have.

I know it can be done, and I know it is not easy.

Yes, yes, yes, to those three points.
Speaking for myself, it made me feel somehow, unworthy, as if I didn't deserve nice things because I was fat. I developed a love of shoes and handbags because at least they always fitted.One is definitely treated differently by shop assistants, as if the fatter you become, the more invisible you suddenly are! I would never judge anyone by their size now, whereas in the thin old days I may have done.

shame on qvc!

the price is ridiculous and the concept is old hat. meal replacements are everywhere now from boots,superdrug,iceland and all the major supermarkets.
you can buy shakes,buiscuits and ready meals for a few pennies a meal...
what a con this is ...

at the bottom where there is text it says something about 500-700 calories a day if you lived on that you would lose the weight very fast but that would not be sustainable...

celebrities do these fast diets to lose weight to be uber slim they rarely are mobidly obese in the first place.

the money would be best placed joining a slimming club and a gym. overeating is an addiction like drink,cigs and even drugs and people who suffer from obesity problems should be helped not conned into this faddy rubbish!

£160 a month the only pounds you would lose in the long term is monetry kind.

shame on qvc!:angry::angry::angry::angry:

My advice when dieting is to be very harsh on yourself for about a week to shrink your stomach so it becomes easier after that to eat smaller portions. Don't waste money on a gym, go jogging or skipping - you can do it anytime and almost anywhere at no cost, plus you get fresh air which is healthier and burns the calories quicker. The TSV sounds quite good but there will be days when its impractical to stick to it so just devise your own diet plan. Don't line the pockets of other people!

Latest posts

Back