IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I was just looking at this trio of 12ml tubes of Full Coverage SPF 50 CC+ Cream in Deals (sorry if it's been posted elsewhere) ...

https://www.qvcuk.com/IT-Cosmetics-...eam-12ml-Trio.product.239390.html?sc=PRODFEED

I only know the Illumination version, though. Can anyone advise me, please:

a) Is it quite matte? (I was looking at a demo video online and they said it's not as dewy as the Illumination CC+ which I have but does that mean it's quite a flat finish?

b) Is, say, the Light in this the same as the Light in the Illumination CC+? I am finding the Medium in the IT Bye-Bye Under Eye is a good match for the Light or even Fair CC+ so I know there's at least a little inconsistency with the shades.

c) 3 x 12ml tubes for £28.91 inc P&P is not bad, is it? I thought it might be a handy size, even though the full size tube is not massive to carry around.

I don't know the shade "light", but I have the "fair" in both options. At IT cosmetics they say the shade are the same throughout the products, but that's not true. At least the "fair" in the Illumination version ist a tiny bit darker than in the Original version. I wouldn't say the Original CC is quite matte, it is "inbetween", of course you can work with a powder to mattify ist. On the other hand, on my skin the Illumination CC Cream is not as dewy as shown on TV.

Concerning the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: That's a different cup of tea. I have the "medium" shade from before the age of the 49 shades, I couldnt believe it at first, but it fits perfectly to my pale, freckled skin. I also have the "light" shade from befrore the age of the 49 shades, that's a little bit lighter than the Magic Concealer from Helena Rubinstein in the lightest shade, bit it works well for brightening the under eye area. I don't know any of the new shades though because these small little tubes will last for ages.

Referring to the price: That's a good one, it is cheaper than a tube of the Original CC plus you have 4 ml more!

I don't know the shade "light", but I have the "fair" in both options. At IT cosmetics they say the shade are the same throughout the products, but that's not true. At least the "fair" in the Illumination version ist a tiny bit darker than in the Original version. I wouldn't say the Original CC is quite matte, it is "inbetween", of course you can work with a powder to mattify ist. On the other hand, on my skin the Illumination CC Cream is not as dewy as shown on TV.

Concerning the Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: That's a different cup of tea. I have the "medium" shade from before the age of the 49 shades, I couldnt believe it at first, but it fits perfectly to my pale, freckled skin. I also have the "light" shade from befrore the age of the 49 shades, that's a little bit lighter than the Magic Concealer from Helena Rubinstein in the lightest shade, bit it works well for brightening the under eye area. I don't know any of the new shades though because these small little tubes will last for ages.

Referring to the price: That's a good one, it is cheaper than a tube of the Original CC plus you have 4 ml more!

Thank you, Ani. That is incredibly useful. I didn't expect anyone to go to so much trouble to help - got to love this forum!

I think I might give the trio a go. I really like the Illumination CC+ and don't find it too dewy but then I don't like very matte either.

Then you really should give it a go! :) By the way, I have dry skin.

I have the original and the illuminating, both in light. I wish I'd bought the fair in the illuminating as I can only just wear the light in the normal - it's quite a bit darker in the illuminating.

ETA: I found the illuminating also oxidised to a darker shade on me, adding insult to injury. I have to mix it with a Tarte product which is a shade too light for me apart from in the depth of winter.

I have the original and the illuminating, both in light. I wish I'd bought the fair in the illuminating as I can only just wear the light in the normal - it's quite a bit darker in the illuminating.

ETA: I found the illuminating also oxidised to a darker shade on me, adding insult to injury. I have to mix it with a Tarte product which is a shade too light for me apart from in the depth of winter.

I think this has made my mind up, thanks. I have both in the illuminating one but mix them as the light is a tad dark on me. After Ani’s descriptions, I was nevertheless veering towards the light in the non-illuminating version and you’ve now confirmed it would probably work for me.

The only reason I haven’t ordered the trio is I am away for a week from Tuesday. I can’t think who to ask if I can use their address and I doubt QVC will delay despatch. Pity they don’t deliver to collection points like sensible companies.

I think this has made my mind up, thanks. I have both in the illuminating one but mix them as the light is a tad dark on me. After Ani’s descriptions, I was nevertheless veering towards the light in the non-illuminating version and you’ve now confirmed it would probably work for me.

The only reason I haven’t ordered the trio is I am away for a week from Tuesday. I can’t think who to ask if I can use their address and I doubt QVC will delay despatch. Pity they don’t deliver to collection points like sensible companies.

ive known people to ask them to do delay dispatch which has happened a few times but its rare they do it

ive known people to ask them to do delay dispatch which has happened a few times but its rare they do it

I think those “people” were having you on, QVC will tell you once your order is placed they can’t even cancel it within minutes, let alone delay the despatch. They say they can’t control what the warehouse does once the order is placed, this is QVC after all who can’t even do next day delivery, Click and Collect or Paypal, so it’s best not to give people this false information.

I think those “people” were having you on, QVC will tell you once your order is placed they can’t even cancel it within minutes, let alone delay the despatch. They say they can’t control what the warehouse does once the order is placed, this is QVC after all who can’t even do next day delivery, Click and Collect or Paypal, so it’s best not to give people this false information.

Ha ha, shopperholic. Anyone would think you weren't a fan of QVC! :mysmilie_17:

Just for a laugh, I'm going to give them a ring and see what they say.

I’m not a fan of QVCs out dated system and over charging for items and postage Andi, to be honest I stopped being a fan (not that I ever started) when I got used and dirty returns time and time again, virtually everything I ordered was used and unacceptable. Good luck Andi I hope they’ve changed since I used to shop with them, it would be daft for them not to help you out losing a sale, maybe they’d fit through your letterbox, fingers crossed.

I’m not a fan of QVCs out dated system and over charging for items and postage Andi, to be honest I stopped being a fan (not that I ever started) when I got used and dirty returns time and time again, virtually everything I ordered was used and unacceptable. Good luck Andi I hope they’ve changed since I used to shop with them, it would be daft for them not to help you out losing a sale, maybe they’d fit through your letterbox, fingers crossed.

Well, I called and guess what - you were right - no delayed despatch. I actually had an idea someone on here said a while ago that they had asked QVC to send something a few days later and they did so when SCW said that, I thought it was worth a try anyway.

There's a good chance they would fit through my letterbox, yes, but QVC might use an oversized box so I won't risk it. I have thought about someone I could ask to take delivery but can't ask them till tomorrow. It will probably be full price again then but I'll take the risk. It's probably fate telling me I don't need more foundations anyhow.

Well, I called and guess what - you were right - no delayed despatch. I actually had an idea someone on here said a while ago that they had asked QVC to send something a few days later and they did so when SCW said that, I thought it was worth a try anyway.

There's a good chance they would fit through my letterbox, yes, but QVC might use an oversized box so I won't risk it. I have thought about someone I could ask to take delivery but can't ask them till tomorrow. It will probably be full price again then but I'll take the risk. It's probably fate telling me I don't need more foundations anyhow.

Aw I hope someone can take them in for you, and yes of course it’s always worth a try. I don’t know who said the despatch was delayed because QVCs computer system has never been able to deal with things like that, like I say you can’t even cancel half an hour after you’ve ordered. I was thinking, most things of that size get delivered by Royal Mail so if you’re not in, they’ll take it the sorting office nearest to you and you could pick it up from them when you get home, thats if it’s not too far. Have a nice time and hope you end up getting your order xx

Aw I hope someone can take them in for you, and yes of course it’s always worth a try. I don’t know who said the despatch was delayed because QVCs computer system has never been able to deal with things like that, like I say you can’t even cancel half an hour after you’ve ordered. I was thinking, most things of that size get delivered by Royal Mail so if you’re not in, they’ll take it the sorting office nearest to you and you could pick it up from them when you get home, thats if it’s not too far. Have a nice time and hope you end up getting your order xx

Cheers m’dears. Good point about Royal Mail. If it were them, it would be ideal (sorting office close). Hermes leave things through an open ironwork side gate if I’m not in, though - you could see parcels left there if you came up to the front door but they’re hard to get at so that works when I’m just out for the day but I wouldn’t want anything left for 4 or 5 days which it could be (of course, Sod’s law, it would be delivered really quickly when I didn’t want it to be!) as it would be a sure sign the homeowner was on hols and it’s likely to rain.

Thanks for giving it some thought - helpful as ever. And yes, the more I think about it, the more I realise QVC were never going to be flexible with a delivery!

well they used to do it in the old days & i know people who did manage this only last week cause they were going on holiday but hey im sorry it didnt work for you but least the thought was there

I have to disagree, they’ve never done it. I can’t see how they’d have done it last week when they don’t have the facility to delay despatch.

well they used to do it in the old days & i know people who did manage this only last week cause they were going on holiday but hey im sorry it didnt work for you but least the thought was there

Thanks for the thought. You never know with QVC and I'm ****** minded so I had to call and ask. It also gave me a chance to have a moan about their inflexibility (although I did it nicely as it's not the CS person's fault).

I have to disagree, they’ve never done it. I can’t see how they’d have done it last week when they don’t have the facility to delay despatch.

I suspect the mention I thought I remembered on the forum was someone enquiring, rather than saying they had been successful. You are right about QVC and their lack of facility to do anything much unless it is within their rigid parameters. I am actually surprised you can have items delivered to another address from time to time. It must use up half their warehouse manpower and half their customer service brainpower to facilitate that - so if I do get the item delivered to someone else, I'll have to hope nobody else has asked for a different delivery address today!

Yeah it’s a shame, I was hoping they’d be able to help you and I understand why you checked. I remember years ago when I could view QVC posts as a visitor, you’d have customers being treated differently like if someone was sent the wrong item they’d send the right one out straight away for one person, but not the other. Hope you get your item xx

I really cannot see Q delaying despatch, their system is just not set up for complicated things like that. Equally, it really is not wise to tell companies you are going to be away, better to either hold off ordering or get it sent to a relative or a friend.

I really cannot see Q delaying despatch, their system is just not set up for complicated things like that. Equally, it really is not wise to tell companies you are going to be away, better to either hold off ordering or get it sent to a relative or a friend.

That’s true Sazza, I never even thought of that yes of course it’s best not to tell companies when you’re house will be empty. :mysmilie_3:

Yeah it’s a shame, I was hoping they’d be able to help you and I understand why you checked. I remember years ago when I could view QVC posts as a visitor, you’d have customers being treated differently like if someone was sent the wrong item they’d send the right one out straight away for one person, but not the other. Hope you get your item xx

Very true! Another example is when I had a BareMinerals set from them and the compact was cracked so they arranged to send me just a replacement of that and I didn’t have to send it all back. I am pretty sure someone else asked if they could have one BareMinerals item sent as a replacement and QVC said no. I know it can depend on the brand and whether they will supply individual items to Q customers like that but this was the same company.

Latest posts

Back