£1 Super Crash Event – This Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Penny Has Dropped

I've been thinking about this all day & I've got a theory.

I think the way Gems wanted to play this is that when all items in a game are allocated only then will the price drop to £1. This was so there wouldn't be any unsold items as people would buy in the hope that the price would drop to £1. As with anything errors happen which I think is the case with mummybear & Cleopatra but both occurences have been handled badly by Gems.

Mad4Gems - sorry but - think you'll find the shop was right :( can't give you a link atm but if you google you'll probably find something on this - the price tag is only an invitation to buy. It does seem not fair if they don't honour it -OTOH, if the real price had been lower, you wouldn't complain!

Re Gems tv - I ordered a Lapis Lazuli ring priced £16 when they first appeared on the Shop pages, then next day the prices all shot up and it was £45... :eek:But the price in my basket stayed the same and they didn't question it.

I've also clicked an item before the price dropped and was shocked to find it in my basket at £315 so I removed it. But I rang them later and they said if that happens and you keep it in the basket, the price drops accordingly. I haven't done this to find out, but that's what they said...

I just don't know what's going on with Gemstv at the moment.

I haven't been lucky enough to watch when the price drops to a £1, but last night I saw a Mystic Topaz ring in a size and cut (+ the all important price ;)) I have always fancied and with 2 mins to go, I tried to open IE (always too slow IMO which is why I choose to use Mozilla firefox) Got on and with 30 secs to spare I bagged it, only to be told I was too late and the game close with loads unsold!! This is not the first time this has happened recently, as I am trying to gather a few of the less expensive stones I have always been drawn to.

So their new policy of timed auctions has actually worked against them on several occasions in my experience. :grrr:

Jacky, that does happen, ive seen a few items that ive liked so have put them in the basket before the price drop, then when the game is over i have reopened my basket and the price had dropped to the end price on the telly

MB and Cleopatra I'm so sorry this has happened to you.:mad: It's even more galling when the price was only £1.

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions. The last time was when the Rainbow Sapphires were on last year. I was so excited to get what I wanted before they all sold out, checked out my basket, stock ok, only to go back an hour later to find that it was now no longer available. I called CS, only to be told that it had been allocated to a TV buyer and basically 'tough luck'! I guess web buyers always have been second class citizens as far as Gems is concerned.:mad:

I hope you both get a favourable outcome and that Gems proves it really cares about its loyal customers, but I wouldn't hold your breath...

I'm happy now with all the choice out there to take my business elsewhere these days.

Hi All. I'm new to shoppingtelly.com, been in and looked before but never joined. Feel so strongly the same thing happened to me at Gems TV, I made an order and it was removed from my basket. I've bought over 30 items from Gems TV before I'm so disappointed, I feel cheated and dont want to buy from there anymore :( I used to feel like a valued customer back in the day but it's just not personal anymore :(
Need to find my new fix for jewellry i think?!
xxx

Welcome Chololate Pixie

Sorry to hear it has happened to you too, was it a £1 item at the weekend? I know just how you feel. Have you been given a reason why it has been taken off you and did you checkout your basket.I was told they did not have enough stock.

I have spoken to Gems today and asked for an investigation and a response in writing I am still hoping this can be resolved amicably as they haven't followed their terms and conditions. Failing that I will pursue every avenue of complaint.

Cleopatra

Hi Chocolatepixie and welcome to the forum :)

Sorry you have had problems with gemstv quite a few people seem to be having difficulties with gemstv at the moment :( have you ever tried any of the other jewellery channels like tjc, rocks tv etc?

\o/ welcome to the forum Pixie. it's great you've chosen to join in after watching for a while.

sorry to hear about your stolen item from your basket. GTV are acting quite imperiously these days. no longer is the customer king, it seems.

Thank you for you're warm welcome! Yeh Cleopatra it was a 1 pound item at the weekend, I've called them a few times and am waiting for a call back but nothing so far.
I've bought a few items from tjc in the past Panda Bear but not really that keen!
Whats Rocks tv like, I cant find them or any link to them on here?
Do you mean Rocks and Co? I've been watching them but not sure its live at this time. Great to see Vicky again tho..Wow! Has anyone bought anything?
xx

:) Hello ChocolatePixie..and a BIG welcome from me too.
the website address you are looking for is www.rocks.tv.....
they auction jewelery live on the Internet only from 5pm-11pm every evening!

They are nothing to do with www.Rockandco.com :)

Sooo sorry to hear you were cheated also out of the £1 games at the weekend...
I'ts totaly down right discusting that gems should do this,
and also to snub their web buyers was the last straw for me. :mad:
Mirabelle

:) welcome from me to. i tried gems at the weekend but it gave me a new level of frustration i didnt know i had lol. The pound games were more or less impossible so gaveup. I have had some good deals on rockstv.com [cud be co.uk]

vegas

No further info yet, order still in progress with items showing as awaiting stock. Gems are going to do further investigate and I asked them to contact me in writing with an explanation and an offer of an amicable settlement.

Latest posts

Back