Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Normally they get them for charity work unless they are top of their profession. There's a level below xBE which might be more appropriate: BEM (British Empire Medal). Is it just me, or isn't it ridiculous we have honours harking back to an empire we haven't had for over 50 years?

Awww I`m glad we have the honours system. My son was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal in the Queen`s New Years Honours list and I was a very proud Mum when I was with him when he received it in February. He`s been a soldier for 26 years and has served in every war zone during that time, sometimes more than one tour to places such as Afghanistan and Iraq. Here`s a pic of him with his medal.
matt award.jpg

Awww I`m glad we have the honours system. My son was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal in the Queen`s New Years Honours list and I was a very proud Mum when I was with him when he received it in February. He`s been a soldier for 26 years and has served in every war zone during that time, sometimes more than one tour to places such as Afghanistan and Iraq. Here`s a pic of him with his medal.
View attachment 15733

Now that's someone who deserves an honour. Not some no-mark 'sleb who's essentially done nothing but self-promotion.

It must have been a very special day for you all.

View attachment 15733

Please don't get me wrong, I fully support having an honours system, but I feel it desperately needs to be modernised. We don't have an empire, and harking back to it makes it difficult to relate to and probably means some worthy people feel unable to accept. The military honours, mercifully, do not get labelled with empire. They need to overhaul all the ones with empire in the names, in my opinion. A bit like QVC, they could do with joining the 21at century!

Congratulations to your son on his award. No wonder you are proud of him, and I meant no disrespect to people who receive awards.

View attachment 15733
Congratulations (belated) to both of you. That's an honour truly deserved.

The two biggies still going strong:

The £10 voucher for keeping in touch(seems everyone will get one. Though I did get an email two weeks back about this), others are demanding why are QVC not answering the question? To be told they did answer days ago, I must have missed the announcement.

The Birkenstocks is still coming up a few times a week recently. Recent one a lady really desperate to get a pair of Betula(sp) EVA for her daughter and herself. Been told to try Ebay and or Amazon but it seems they do not have the colour and or size she needs also £25-35!!! She cannot understand why they are now so expensive compared to QVC years back? Now I have a pair of navy ones I did get from QVC some years back as a TSV, I did buy a purple pair and wore until done. Unfortunately, the navy pair make a strange fart like noise when walking in them so I do not really wear them much :thinking::doh:

'...The Birkenstocks is still coming up a few times a week recently. Recent one a lady really desperate to get a pair of Betula(sp) EVA for her daughter and herself. Been told to try Ebay and or Amazon but it seems they do not have the colour and or size she needs also £25-35!!! She cannot understand why they are now so expensive compared to QVC years back? Now I have a pair of navy ones I did get from QVC some years back as a TSV, I did buy a purple pair and wore until done. Unfortunately, the navy pair make a strange fart like noise when walking in them so I do not really wear them much :thinking::doh:
'

Hysterical - Your flatulent footwear & the anguish this lady feels about a pair of flip flops, maybe if she needs them so badly she could make you an offer.

The £10 voucher for keeping in touch(seems everyone will get one. Though I did get an email two weeks back about this), others are demanding why are QVC not answering the question? To be told they did answer days ago, I must have missed the announcement.

The Birkenstocks is still coming up a few times a week recently. Recent one a lady really desperate to get a pair of Betula(sp) EVA for her daughter and herself. Been told to try Ebay and or Amazon but it seems they do not have the colour and or size she needs also £25-35!!! She cannot understand why they are now so expensive compared to QVC years back? Now I have a pair of navy ones I did get from QVC some years back as a TSV, I did buy a purple pair and wore until done. Unfortunately, the navy pair make a strange fart like noise when walking in them so I do not really wear them much :thinking::doh:

I suffered with a pair of farting trainers, so I feel your pain!!

I am always surprised even though I shouldn't be about the dependent behaviour of some QVC shoppers. There is a whole world of shopping alternatives out there! And does she not see the correlation between scarcity and rising prices? Or that over time prices for most things rise anyway? Amazing!

I hope one day they realise that their internet isn’t just a QVC one, regardless of what Chuntley implies. I bought two pair of Birkenstocks from Germany, arrived in two days with free delivery, imagaine if the QVC diehards realised just how enjoyable and financially beneficial shopping on the web is, they’d be absolutely shocked and appalled at QVCs service once they have other retailers to compare Jurassic QVC too.

I like the way she's comparing Amazon's prices today to QVC's of yore. It's the only way QVC get a favourable comparison!

I know that if shoes squeak it means you've not paid for them, so what the hell does it mean if they start making farting noises?!

The weird thing is the first pair I owned which were purple never made the noise.

I can just imagine my conversation with QVC CS. "I am returning this Birkenstocks, unfortunately when I wear them people stand back from me as it sounds like I am farting non-stop!":mysmilie_19:

They'd be great for Christmas dinner though wouldn't they after eating all those sprouts, ideal for people who haven't got a dog to blame the passing of wind on, I can hear it now "ooops, wasn't me, it was my QVC Birkenstocks" :mysmilie_17:

I don't have an social media accounts but I do look at the daft comments on the Q's book of face & last night my Mr T found Jackie Kabler's twitter page - something to do with running (his passion) & Gloucestershire ( where he works). Cutting it short, in more ways that one, she had posted a photo of herself wearing a wig; short & blonde like her hair was when she started at the Q. The were several comments & every one said how much it suited her & how young she looked. It made me think about her being called 'spaniel ears' on here & I wondered where LATI had gone.

Okay, loads and I mean of complaints since this morning about the website. No one can check out items in their basket or order, QVC said it was fixed a few hours ago but it seems not.

Okay, loads and I mean of complaints since this morning about the website. No one can check out items in their basket or order, QVC said it was fixed a few hours ago but it seems not.

Totally shambolic. Just as ill-prepared as TSB, maybe it's having a three digit name thta makes them so dozy.

Someone cracked a joke about getting the TSB tech team in to sort it out:mysmilie_17:

Liam(?), kept telling people to clear their cookies and oh it was working now. No. AY, last night at 11 pm was saying on the air for people to order via QCut or by normal phone ordering!! So it was down all day!

Okay, I had a thought about was it hacked? I am serious, would QVC ever tell?

Latest posts

Back