Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think they shoot themselves in the foot when they say things like it takes a year to make the larger size meaning if a colour sells out, they're not going to be able to offer "advanced orders" for three weeks away, but what they could do is offer their customer two of the sold out colours smaller sizes with a reduced price and free p&p.

Ha ha, have you not taken your anti-delusion medication today, shopperholic?

:mysmilie_48:

Ooops thanks for the reminder Andu, I knew I’d forgotten something. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_17:

Sorry for spelling your name wrong Andi, even ants would need to go to Specsavers with the size of the writing on my iPhone. :mysmilie_17:

Just had a look and the "Golden Medium" shade is now on advanced order, seems it doesn't take a year to make a supersize B&B after all, who knew? :mysmilie_3: I wouldn't dare suggest LG was telling porkies, I do value my life.

Sorry for spelling your name wrong Andi, even ants would need to go to Specsavers with the size of the writing on my iPhone. :mysmilie_17:

Just had a look and the "Golden Medium" shade is now on advanced order, seems it doesn't take a year to make a supersize B&B after all, who knew? :mysmilie_3: I wouldn't dare suggest LG was telling porkies, I do value my life.

That's ok, shopperholuc. What's an 'i' or a 'u' between friends?

Not convinced by something that's been said on QVC then? Why ever not?

Yes, I’ve just seen that, it was sold out this morning. I’m hoping now that Porcelain might go on advanced orders too instead of sold out.
I suppose I could risk Fair but I remember before she brought out Porcelain the Fair could be anything from ok to satsuma on me.

That's ok, shopperholuc. What's an 'i' or a 'u' between friends?

Not convinced by something that's been said on QVC then? Why ever not?

shopperholuc :mysmilie_19: that’s sooooo funny. :mysmilie_19:

I don’t know why I’m not convinced you know, it’s not even like they’ve ever done anything to make me disbelieve them either...........it must be me derailing again :mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_19:

Yes, I’ve just seen that, it was sold out this morning. I’m hoping now that Porcelain might go on advanced orders too instead of sold out.
I suppose I could risk Fair but I remember before she brought out Porcelain the Fair could be anything from ok to satsuma on me.

Yes you’re right, the colours are never consistent, I’ve had a fair before that was darker than the medium.

Well, I have tried again, and anyone who has read posts from me about this brand will be surprised that I ordered this in 2 shades, and it arrived in record time. I received golden medium and tan. Not ready to try the tan, but tried the golden medium and once again I'm having to return both of these because I honestly cannot for the life of me see what people rave about.

Each time I've opened the compact there is powder everywhere, and when I apply to my face, more powder on my top apart from that, I just don't get the hullabaloo over it, it is very hard to cover and just not for me, it is inflated pricing at best, rubbish at worst - but I tried to convince myself it must be me, so that's why I ordered both colours - but each to their own I guess.

They are being returned.

My Light B&B has just arrived. Now I do not think it sits between Fair and Medium. I think it is an alternative to Fair. I have just had a bit of a multi coloured experiment (you can imagine!) and it looks to me as if they both have similar darkness but whereas Fair is beige based ( as is the darker Medium), Light is yellow based. I prefer a beige base but this looked OK and will serve as my Winter compact. What it won't do is replace Medium, far too light for that, and I think I would stick to Fair for Winter in future. Maybe both the new colours (is it Golden Medium?) Are adding a more yellow based version rather than darker shades.

That is one reason I have never wanted to try BnB, reading on ST so many saying you cannot guarantee what the shade you order will be like.

A different brand Hourglass but same idea marbled blush, I actually got them to open the box of about 4 different ones same shade in store to check. Some had too much of the pale shade others too dark, so picked which one suited me. I had read reviews about doing this.

As for BnB we have a stand in my local Debenhams and I ran my fingers over the tester and it did not feel creamy in any way just powder.

I very much like the Gatineau neck gel but have too many neck products in the stash to go for this. I did sneak an extra Laura Geller B&B on Thursday night (following my Light experimant) as they still had Medium left. It arrived yesterday and I am pleased to say it was standard medium colour, not a rogue dark one! Phew! (I am about to start a Balance and Glow from a TSV and that looks practically dark tan in the pot!)

Latest posts

Back