Liz Earle TSV 20/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Looks like it could be a good deal...if the price is right and the quality hasn't gone downhill since Liz left. I like the idea of C&P and wanted to try the Superdrug alternative but couldn't find them. I have used LE in the past and found her products to be good.

Superskin TSVs are always more expensive than the usual ones. This TSV is £55.96.

The Superdrug cleanser is from the Vitamin E range, it is called "Vitamin E Hit Cloth Cleanser", it is the third item from the right: https://www.superdrug.com/search?q=...ce+Mix+&+Match+on+selected+Superdrug+Skincare.

In this review, there is a better picture: http://www.theblushinggiraffe.com/2013/08/review-superdrug-vitamin-e-hot-cloth.html

The other Superdrug possibility is this one: https://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/...adiant-Hot-Face-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

Last edited:
I didn't get on with the Superdrug Vitamin E cleanser, it was just ok. I did manage to use up a stock pile of other cleaners I'd half-heatedly tried but abandoned by using the same hot muslin cloth to remove them. I might give the aldi one a try if I manage to pick one up. DD uses the Bodyshop Chamomile cleanser (comes in a flat round tin) and it takes all her make up off (with a muslin cloth as well)- and she does wear a lot of make up! It's the eucalyptus smell of C&P that I miss when I use other products.
Talking of scents; I can only tolerate the Neroli version of Superskin; the unperfumed one smells bad on me :nod:

If you fancy trying C&P Julius you might as well order from QVC and use the MBG if it doesn't suit you.

I didn't get on with the Superdrug Vitamin E cleanser, it was just ok. I did manage to use up a stock pile of other cleaners I'd half-heatedly tried but abandoned by using the same hot muslin cloth to remove them. I might give the aldi one a try if I manage to pick one up. DD uses the Bodyshop Chamomile cleanser (comes in a flat round tin) and it takes all her make up off (with a muslin cloth as well)- and she does wear a lot of make up! It's the eucalyptus smell of C&P that I miss when I use other products.
Talking of scents; I can only tolerate the Neroli version of Superskin; the unperfumed one smells bad on me :nod:

If you fancy trying C&P Julius you might as well order from QVC and use the MBG if it doesn't suit you.

That's a good idea. I hope not to have to return the products. I always like LE products before when I had skin problems. I say had, but actually my skin has flared up again recently - possible because conveyancing issues that are just dragging on and on. LE was the only thing I could use years ago. I'm just terrified that they've changed all the ingredients.

Superskin TSVs are always more expensive than the usual ones. This TSV is £55.96.

The Superdrug cleanser is from the Vitamin E range, it is called "Vitamin E Hit Cloth Cleanser", it is the third item from the right: https://www.superdrug.com/search?q=...ce+Mix+&+Match+on+selected+Superdrug+Skincare.

In this review, there is a better picture: http://www.theblushinggiraffe.com/2013/08/review-superdrug-vitamin-e-hot-cloth.html

The other Superdrug possibility is this one: https://www.superdrug.com/Skincare/...adiant-Hot-Face-Cloth-Cleanser-150ml/p/516251

Thanks Ani. That's really helpful. I may give them a try. I'll have a look next week on my day off.

Last year I was in Aldis and there was a woman in front of me at the till who had bought ten (I kid ye not) ten Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser, we got chatting and she asked me had I used Liz Earle Cleanse And Polish, I told her no I hadn't and she said it was virtually identical to that, so I asked her could she keep my place while I ran back and got two, which is just as well because when I went in with the husband a few days later they'd all gone, at £2.99 with a great quality cloth I'm really not surprised. The husband joked that I'd bought them all and I told him, if there had been any left, I would've done. :mysmilie_17: so just a little heads up for my Forum buddies if Aldi ever get it back in :mysmilie_3:

Great tip. the only thing is that the nearest Aldi to me is in Kilburn, and I very seldom ever go there these days. I had an email from American Express saying Aldi have just started accepting Amex and have a good promotion on - but I just don't have the time to go down there. There is a Lidl near me, though. Shame they don't do a version of C+P. I think I'll try the Superdrug one and maybe the TSV if I've got enough cash.

Great tip. the only thing is that the nearest Aldi to me is in Kilburn, and I very seldom ever go there these days. I had an email from American Express saying Aldi have just started accepting Amex and have a good promotion on - but I just don't have the time to go down there. There is a Lidl near me, though. Shame they don't do a version of C+P. I think I'll try the Superdrug one and maybe the TSV if I've got enough cash.

You don't need to go down there Julius, you can always shop on the Aldi website https://www.aldi.co.uk/ there you go, there's another great tip for you. :mysmilie_3:

Liz Earle 4 Piece Supercharged Skincare Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.234833

Auto-Delivery Liz Earle 4 Piece Supercharged Skincare Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.236765

QVC Price £80.00
Todays Special Value Price £55.96
P&P £5.95

This four-piece set from Liz Earle features a selection of hero products, including a special super-sized Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli launching with QVC, iconic Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, refreshing Instant Boost Skin Tonic, and luxuriously hydrating Superskin Eye Cream. Arriving to you beautifully packaged in a gift box, this fabulous Liz Earle collection is a must-have for lovers of this renowned skincare brand - or perfect if you're looking to create a new beauty routine.

Superskin saviours - like all products in this lauded range, both Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli and Superskin Eye Cream have been formulated with naturally active ingredients, to help smooth, plump and moisturise dry skin in need of a little extra TLC.

Iconic favourites you love - in this collection you’ll find bestselling products that act as the cornerstone of any Liz Earle skincare regime, including award-winning Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser with pure cotton cloths to help deeply cleanse and gently exfoliate, plus Instant Boost Skin Tonic for a refreshing hit of hydration.

Your complete routine - featuring cleanser, skin tonic, eye cream and moisturiser that can be used both day and night, this great kit has everything you need for gorgeous, glowing skin in just a few steps.

Stock up on skincare - select our Auto Delivery option and receive this Liz Earle collection twice more every 60 days, at today's brilliant price.

Contains:

1 x Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (200ml; full size) - a concentrated cleansing cream formulated to help remove daily grime and make-up, and gently lift away dead skin cells to reveal smooth, soft, radiant skin. Contains eucalyptus essential oil, rosemary and chamomile, plus cocoa butter
1 x Instant Boost Skin Tonic (200ml; full size) - this floral-scented, non-drying toner works to refresh, soothe and brighten the look of your skin. Gentle and alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture to soothe the feel of your skin. Formulated with aloe vera, calendula, cucumber and vitamin E, plus rose-scented geranium
1 x Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli (75ml; supersize) - helps to smooth and plump your skin for a healthy, revitalised-looking complexion. Features pomegranate flower, cranberry, borage and rosehip seed oils, plus the soothing scent of neroli
1 Superskin Eye Cream (15ml; full size) - a luxuriously hydrating cream that aims to lift and firm the appearance of your delicate eye contour, while also reducing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. Enriched with a botanical blend of rosehip, borage and cranberry seed oils, plus paracress, alfalfa and green tea extracts
2 x pure cotton cloths - for use with Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, these cotton cloths gently buff away dead skin cells to help leave skin radiantly soft and smooth

How to use:

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser:

Phase 1 - Cleansing: massage gently onto dry skin over your eyes, face and neck to help purify, soften and stimulate circulation
Phase 2 - Polishing: rinse the pure cotton cloth in hand-hot water and wring out before gently polishing off the cream. Finish by splashing your face with cool water

Instant Boost Skin Tonic:

Twist up cap, pour a generous amount onto cotton wool and sweep over your face and neck
Apply daily after Cleanse & Polish morning and night

Superskin Eye Cream:

Apply a pea-size amount, about half a pump, evenly between the tips of your middle fingers
Tap the cream onto your skin starting at the outer corner of your eye, moving under the eye and then over the orbital bone, out to any fine lines
Smooth outwards around the eye contours, using both your middle and ring fingers
Repeat each move three times to help the cream absorb

Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli:

After Instant Boost Skin Tonic, apply both morning and evening to cleansed skin, smoothing over your face and neck

The awful smell of borage puts me off so many of the products, it's even in the eye cream.
That unscented superskin moisturiser smells like window putty to me.
I just can't tolerate certain smells, they actually make me feel a bit sick, which is a shame because the textures of the creams are lovely.

Julius, if you can go into Boots with a small travel pot, they will put some C&P in for you to try at home.

The last time I smelled the Natural Neroli it smelled like sweaty.........feet. :mysmilie_17: no comforting smell for me there, mind you as always, we all like different things/smells. :mysmilie_3:

QVCs p&p needs sorting though, if someone bought three that's £12 postage to be picked at the same time, delivered to the same address, on the same day. I know for people who love this range it's still great value, but still the postage is excessive. QVC send items out as if they've just popped the Post Office rather than making deals with a delivery service like other companies do allowing them to either cap, reduce, or offer free delivery. mind you as postage is were a lot of their profit comes from, so I can't see it changing any time soon.

Love the superskin (although it does smell funny) but I've got so much C&P and skin tonic I'm not going for this as I'm just spending money to sit in the cupboard. Wonder if they'll ever do a TSV that doesn't have it in but has other things like handwash, handcream, shampoo, perfume sample etc.

CC

Love the superskin (although it does smell funny) but I've got so much C&P and skin tonic I'm not going for this as I'm just spending money to sit in the cupboard. Wonder if they'll ever do a TSV that doesn't have it in but has other things like handwash, handcream, shampoo, perfume sample etc.

CC

no tsv will ever not have C&P in it as the fragrance one was never meant to have it but they did put it in

Latest posts

Back