Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's be honest. There really isn't any need to go into details of what a smartphone can actually do, as they have been around for years now.

There "expert" when it comes to fitness and ebikes is getting worse as well. "top of the range this bike" when talking about a £600 quid ebike. Now, to be fair, for the money they don't seem like bad bikes at all really. But how he can call it top of the range when you can spend upwards of £3000 on an ebike is mind boggling.

As for Janice...well I have my own reasons for disliking her, and I'm really annoyed that she joined Hochanda as I liked sticking that channel on when I couldn't sleep. But now her fizzog appears all the ruddy time on it and really winds me up no end.

Yes, everything they sell is top of the range, no matter how cheap and crappy. Top of the range phones, drones, watches and e-bikes. I have to laugh at the top of the range e-bikes they sell, when mine cost me several thousands. I think of the Cyclotricity e-bike I once had at around £700. What a piece of shite that was!

Yes, everything they sell is top of the range, no matter how cheap and crappy. Top of the range phones, drones, watches and e-bikes. I have to laugh at the top of the range e-bikes they sell, when mine cost me several thousands. I think of the Cyclotricity e-bike I once had at around £700. What a piece of shite that was!

What was wrong with the Cyclotricity?

I have one on trial at the moment, the 30 day return is getting close.

What was wrong with the Cyclotricity?

I have one on trial at the moment, the 30 day return is getting close.

It was a complete nightmare! First of all the battery stopped charging, so had battery and charger replaced. Then bottom bracket became loose. when I tried to unscrew the locking ring, it had been cross threaded and the motion sensor had been glued to the outside of it instead of being behind it, so when I turned it, it pulled one of the sensor wires from the sensor, so I had to replace that! On inspecting the axle and bearings in the bottom bracket, the one side had been greased and the other side had not and was as rusty as old iron! I had to replace axle and ring bearings and locking ring with new ones. I think the bike must have been assembled by a monkey. Finally, the saddle collapsed and a pedal broke. Apart from that, it was great!!!!
I was glad to see the back of it. I think it was a Stealth model if my memory serves me right.

Mine is the Jade, still on QVC, but it had a different name on the frame when it arrived, but looked the same!!

So far it is OK, but it's only been about 20 miles so far (a pure guess), and just had one full charge after the initial one. But it has been going up some fairly steep hills.

It is a very heavy "sit up and beg" style with large tyres, but that is what I wanted.

And finally, it was the cheapest I could find anywhere, £600 with free PP and returns. The IW one is over £100 more, but it is made of alloy and has disk brakes. But no carrier, which is essential for me, and mine is built in.

Creepy Crawley is a rather odd sight isn’t he?

I’m not buying his ‘Luxury’ spiel thought. Every other word is Luxurious or Luxury or Deluxe.

I wish he wouldn’t sprawl on the beds. It isn’t a nice sight :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 16169View attachment 16170View attachment 16171

I like how fair they are when showing mattresses for sale alongside the sprung mattress to compare. Like the mattresses they are selling, the sprung one is new and of decent quality.

<sarcasm mode off>

You're right, of course. Janice is, after all, the one who brought us the concept of 'pre-loved' as a euphemism for 'second-hand'.

I didn't mean to be rude, I just find a common trope on here (more so in the qvc forum) is to talk about previous presenters/experts fondly for the purpose of putting down a current one.... yet worse was probably said about that person being praised haha

Mine is the Jade, still on QVC, but it had a different name on the frame when it arrived, but looked the same!!

So far it is OK, but it's only been about 20 miles so far (a pure guess), and just had one full charge after the initial one. But it has been going up some fairly steep hills.

It is a very heavy "sit up and beg" style with large tyres, but that is what I wanted.

And finally, it was the cheapest I could find anywhere, £600 with free PP and returns. The IW one is over £100 more, but it is made of alloy and has disk brakes. But no carrier, which is essential for me, and mine is built in.

I've just watched the video for the jade bike on QVC. I think what Abby says about it being built and made in Southampton is far from the truth. There are many Chinese parts on these bikes. There are two reviews. one, one star and a five. Even the 5 star reviewer says, " However, a basic understanding of how to make minor repairs helps." I suppose you get what you pay for. A spare battery for my bike costs more than the Jade bike.

That Abby does nothing but LIE. She also said it comes with lights, it didn't (another LIE) but Q are now trying to get some for me.

She demo'd a VQ radio, said it was made in Britain and "British through and through) then the camera showed the back where it said "Made In China", so a LIE. She said it had a built in recharger for batteries (LIE) and because it was DAB you could listen to stations from all over the world. This was not only a LIE but showed a complete lack of technical knowledge, and she was there as the "expert".

I complained to QVC, but she repeated it on every demo.

That Abby does nothing but LIE. She also said it comes with lights, it didn't (another LIE) but Q are now trying to get some for me.

She demo'd a VQ radio, said it was made in Britain and "British through and through) then the camera showed the back where it said "Made In China", so a LIE. She said it had a built in recharger for batteries (LIE) and because it was DAB you could listen to stations from all over the world. This was not only a LIE but showed a complete lack of technical knowledge, and she was there as the "expert".

Don't complain to IW; complain to the ASA. QVC are terrified of censure, lest it starts to become common knowledge that they're not quite the 'John Lewis' of sellytelly that they like to portray themselves as.

Well, 'Janice' has been private messaging me today to tell me how she 'find(s) it difficult to read the abusive posts on here about myself and others.'. Apparently, we're all to stop making comments unless they're constructive.

Unfortunately, 'Janice' can't spell 'vindictive'. And she's not totally sure what 'defamation' is.

I've told 'Janice' that I'm sceptical whether or not it's actually the real Janice Phillips, so I've asked her to pop a quick post on her Facebook, or send out a tweet, to the effect that she's really distressed about what she's red on shopping telly.com. Cleary it's a very present issue with her, so I'm sure she'd be only too happy to let others know what an evil bunch of old vipers we all are in here, via the wonder of Social Media.

Well, 'Janice' has been private messaging me today to tell me how she 'find(s) it difficult to read the abusive posts on here about myself and others.'. Apparently, we're all to stop making comments unless they're constructive.

Unfortunately, 'Janice' can't spell 'vindictive'. And she's not totally sure what 'defamation' is.

I've told 'Janice' that I'm sceptical whether or not it's actually the real Janice Phillips, so I've asked her to pop a quick post on her Facebook, or send out a tweet, to the effect that she's really distressed about what she's red on shopping telly.com. Cleary it's a very present issue with her, so I'm sure she'd be only too happy to let others know what an evil bunch of old vipers we all are in here, via the wonder of Social Media.

How can it be defamation for me to say I disliked her? By it's very definition it would be near impossible to prove I was lying haha

Plus I was responding to someone who had said they preferred her over someone else.

She should just be blacklisted from this thread really haha.

How can it be defamation for me to say I disliked her? By it's very definition it would be near impossible to prove I was lying haha

Plus I was responding to someone who had said they preferred her over someone else.

She should just be blacklisted from this thread really haha.

I'm hoping this latest outburst from "Janice" will have that result. By the way, she was objecting as well to my insinuation that IW would be terrified of putting gays in bed together live on screen (i.e. Janice and her GF) because it might scare their core viewers and IW wouldn't do anything to hurt their bottom line. Somehow, "Janice" has read this to be a homophobic comment... "Janice" struggles with reading a little - back to the Janet and John books for her.

Nothing on Facebook or twitter yet...quelle surprise

I'm hoping this latest outburst from "Janice" will have that result. By the way, she was objecting as well to my insinuation that IW would be terrified of putting gays in bed together live on screen (i.e. Janice and her GF) because it might scare their core viewers and IW wouldn't do anything to hurt their bottom line. Somehow, "Janice" has read this to be a homophobic comment... "Janice" struggles with reading a little - back to the Janet and John books for her.

Nothing on Facebook or twitter yet...quelle surprise

Well I'm sure all the gay presenters all just co-incidentally choose to not talk about their partners, while the straight presenters are all encouraged to constantly go on about theirs. Must just be a massive series of co-incidences.

Pardon my language but Abby seems to know f#ck all about most of the products they wheel her out for.

You should challenge Janice to the custard test to prove she is who she says she is!

Well where Janice is concerned, I found it difficult watching someone claim they used to work for Apple, while trying to pass off the worst iPad made (the 3 which was very quickly replaced) as though it was the latest tech. And never explaining to viewers that it couldn't be updated to the latest IOS and therefore may well be incompatible with some newer apps.

I found that to be offensive and a clear attempt to take advantage of unknowledgeable viewers.

I have replied to a personal message she sent me. I am fairly confident I haven't ever posted about anything about her on a personal level. I think I said she looked like Bruce Forsyth or Jimmy Hill a couple of times. But she herself has posted a picture on twitter, of Jimmy Hill I think it was, comparing herself to him. I have absolutely NEVER commented on her sexuality. Somebody tried to insinuate that, but they were jumping to conclusions and then putting words in my mouth. I couldn't give a flying fluck about any of the presenters sexuality.

Latest posts

Back