Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it's a staple of selly telly but it really stands out with Vol au vent for some reason.

He always manages to slag off things he previously extolled the virtues of, just to make his current sale.

Why not just promote your product without trying to make people feel like idiots for having listened to you before mate.

Goodness me just seen PS talking about halogen heaters you have never seen anything like these he said he is having a laugh B@m and just about every shed and outlet sell them pathetic really.

Just listening to horrible Hayleys dreadful selling tactics constantly saying the winter is going to be very bad snow etc first of all she has no knowledge of what the upcoming winter will be and secondly this frightens elderly people into buying these heaters although i suppose its better than them parting with hundreds of pounds on the ceramic ones they were selling last year guess they will be coming up shortly.

Just listening to horrible Hayleys dreadful selling tactics constantly saying the winter is going to be very bad snow etc first of all she has no knowledge of what the upcoming winter will be and secondly this frightens elderly people into buying these heaters although i suppose its better than them parting with hundreds of pounds on the ceramic ones they were selling last year guess they will be coming up shortly.

According to UnJimmy Saville,every time there is a nice summer like we just had this year,the winter is terrible.....Wow wish i had her knowledge of weather forecasting because last winter here in South Wales was worse snow for years...

It's bad enough that they are all experts on the weather...

but the way they all make up different nonsense to say the same thing "it's 100% going to snow all winter" is dangerous, insulting and further proves how they are making it up.

Of course winter is likely to be cold, but stop trying to tell people that their elderly relatives might die if you don't buy them a heater.

Disgusting.

The worst thing I heard come out of Dimmy Savilles mouth during one of those recent heater shows was "just have one of these on costing a few pence to run"

A heater rated at 1200 (or was it 1400) watts costing a few pence to run? Not ****** likely. It would cost a fortune having one of those running all the time. Vile woman.

It's hilarious how vol au vent shills a mobile phone as being the best thing ever, by showing off its "amazing capabilities" and basically goes through the exact same routine that he does for every other phone. He should just explain that it is because of android that it does all that.

Reg Varney has just been doing his usual shout at the screen routine shilling a Hoover vacuum, and that they even beat Amazon's price. Except Amazon is 99 pence cheaper with next day delivery.

If you like Tammy you mustn’t miss Fabulift at 12:00pm :mysmilie_59:

320FF32B-F72F-4BE5-AD1D-AA56C8320FB3.jpg5724E59B-D02B-4FC3-B72F-28A4C3240548.jpg

Noticed that Ideal World are now promoting their automated phone service just like Bid TV used to do, most likely as a result of the Aurelius takeover. Those worry angels must be waiting in a dusty stockroom somewhere ready to pounce :mysmilie_59:

It's hilarious how vol au vent shills a mobile phone as being the best thing ever, by showing off its "amazing capabilities" and basically goes through the exact same routine that he does for every other phone. He should just explain that it is because of android that it does all that.

Reg Varney has just been doing his usual shout at the screen routine shilling a Hoover vacuum, and that they even beat Amazon's price. Except Amazon is 99 pence cheaper with next day delivery.

Whenever I see Vol au vent and his vacant smile, I can’t help thinking that he’s desperately trying to mask the realisation that, Instead of being recognised for his acting ability, he will be forever known as that bloke selling vacuums and phones on some tacky shopping channel...and possibly for that ridiculous suitcase routine.

Vol.jpg cross.jpg

suitcase.jpg check.jpg

Last edited:
Every time i see him i cant help shouting at the tv get a proper job for fecks sake, sad i know but i cant help it .

I heard Dee Knees say a very odd thing last night. She said.................. 'about ten years ago, I decided I wouldn't tell lies'........'I wouldn't say I'd bought something if I hadn't'

:mysmilie_506:

Every time i see him i cant help shouting at the tv get a proper job for fecks sake, sad i know but i cant help it .

I know what you mean, Mossie. I imagine he keeps the presenting role quiet in his social life...and the sheer monotony of presenting vacuums and phones all the time-must get very tedious.

I heard Dee Knees say a very odd thing last night. She said.................. 'about ten years ago, I decided I wouldn't tell lies'........'I wouldn't say I'd bought something if I hadn't'

:mysmilie_506:

I've heard her say a version of that before - 'My new years resolution is that I will never lie to the viewers !' - this was a year or so ago ,so dunno where she got the ten years from.

Today she was claiming that with normal medical insurance 'the chest infection I had in 1977 ' would be a pre-existing exclusion.

Complete rubbish of course, but it's good to know that she really has bought everything she claims to have bought -her house must be like an Argos warehouse , but at least we on the forum believe her ( ahem!!!!!!),

Maybe she feels she has to renew it at the start of every year.

Buying at least two items off every fashion show she presents, nearly always in black, sounds perfectly reasonable........likewise her multi buying nearly everything she presents doesn't sound dubious at all now we have confirmation.

I dread to think what she was like eleven years ago :mysmilie_19:

Had to laugh at Joanne and one of the models the other day. They were doing the cushion walk plazzy loafers. What a coincidence that they had both gone out the weekend before to buy some gel insoles which cost almost as much as the loafer they were selling.........both of them! If they always wear cushion walk shoes, why do they urgently need gel insoles?

I think Dee Knees ought to have a word :mysmilie_50:

Just watched a bit of the premiere of the Legacy e-bike. Whilst the guest presenter was showing the rack over the rear wheel, I noticed that the rear tyre had been installed the wrong way around! I just hope more attention was paid to the rest of the assembly.

Genpleaseleave was giving it both barrels tonight as she was flogging a low-end STK smartphone; she was literally saying that this obviously low-end £69.99 smartphone was just as good or better than £400+ smartphones: "You are not compromising in any way" (Oh yes you are!!!), and when comparing the STK tat with £400+ phones: "We're looking at the specification; we're testing the specification for you at home. You are seeing the screen for yourself". Genpleaseleave then tells a big whopper: "You can get this phone for free". WHAT?!?!?!

An astonishing sales pitch and not in a good way either. Watch the show from 29:50 in particular or 31:19 for "You can get this phone for free": https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/stk-smartphone-under-70-sale-2731679?channel=IW

Just watched a bit of the premiere of the Legacy e-bike. Whilst the guest presenter was showing the rack over the rear wheel, I noticed that the rear tyre had been installed the wrong way around! I just hope more attention was paid to the rest of the assembly.

I didn't know cycle tyres could be fitted the wrong way around. How can you tell?

Latest posts

Back