Liz Earle TSV 20/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am really surprised that they didn't put the original one in as sureky not everyone will want or be able to use the neroli,. Wonder how many drops will be in the auto delivery?

If you can afford it, it’s better to get to or three on easy pay and put them away than go onauto delivery for a couple of drops, at least you can guarantee you’re getting them and save a couple of quid in the postage.

Could you please put the link in here? I cannot find the article.

Sorry, can't do links, but it is still in the Femail section, alongside a photo of Holly Willoughby who apparently uses it.

Even more comments about spots have appeared now.

If you can afford it, it’s better to get to or three on easy pay and put them away than go onauto delivery for a couple of drops, at least you can guarantee you’re getting them and save a couple of quid in the postage.

Good tip. I have done that with TSVs on AD in the past.

Gawd holly Willoughby ... don’t want to listen to her...
But I love the toner have used it for years .. and hubby like the eye brite for hay fever
Cleanse and polish a faff ...
For me anyway ...cloths etc ... can’t be asked and I got spots also ...

Last year I was in Aldis and there was a woman in front of me at the till who had bought ten (I kid ye not) ten Lacura Hot Cloth Cleanser, we got chatting and she asked me had I used Liz Earle Cleanse And Polish, I told her no I hadn't and she said it was virtually identical to that, so I asked her could she keep my place while I ran back and got two, which is just as well because when I went in with the husband a few days later they'd all gone, at £2.99 with a great quality cloth I'm really not surprised. The husband joked that I'd bought them all and I told him, if there had been any left, I would've done. :mysmilie_17: so just a little heads up for my Forum buddies if Aldi ever get it back in :mysmilie_3:

That’s great that Vienna thanks, yes it was £3.99 I couldn’t remember, and yes I can vouch for that the CC is absolutely brilliant, thanks for letting us know.

Last edited:
My daughter in law (who's just about to turn 31) bought those eyeshadow pallets last year and said it was worth £6 for the brush alone, she got a similar Tarte one off eBay and said the Aldi one, in her opinion, is better. Mind you, I was on eBay a few weeks ago and saw the same Tarte unicorn brushes QVC were selling for £40, for £5 free delivery coming from China (same company who make the Tarte brushes amongst other brands) which is were the majority of QVC brand brushes are made, my biggest surprise though was finding out that bareMinerals get their brushes made in China, both synthetic and the "natural" haired ones, which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Caveat Emptor!

I'd caution folk to give fake Tarte (and other QVC cosmetic brands) a wide berth on ebay.

I've been selling off (and buying)unwanted components from beauty TSVs for 15 years and have seen so many counterfeit palettes that I wouldn't want to put on my face or around my eyes. I love a bargain but I read feedback on these cheap Chinese copies and can't understand folk thinking say a "Tartelette in Bloom" palette sent from China for a fiver (free postage)is the genuine article that QVC would deliver for just shy of £40. People still leave positive feedback with comments along the lines of "fake palette but like the colours and it was a bargain" :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If I were looking to buy a palette but only had a £5 budget I'd look on the high street (or superkarket)ideally from a shop with testers.

I'd caution folk to give fake Tarte (and other QVC cosmetic brands) a wide berth on ebay.

I've been selling off (and buying)unwanted components from beauty TSVs for 15 years and have seen so many counterfeit palettes that I wouldn't want to put on my face or around my eyes. I love a bargain but I read feedback on these cheap Chinese copies and can't understand folk thinking say a "Tartelette in Bloom" palette sent from China for a fiver (free postage)is the genuine article that QVC would deliver for just shy of £40. People still leave positive feedback with comments along the lines of "fake palette but like the colours and it was a bargain" :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If I were looking to buy a palette but only had a £5 budget I'd look on the high street (or superkarket)ideally from a shop with testers.

It's shocking, isn't it? I don't understand why eBay can't take them down. I don't buy much from eBay myself but when I do, I look for UK only and people who, like me, are just obviously selling off single items (ie not, as I saw a lot of last year, selling 70 Benefit mascaras for £2.95 each). I do sell on some items from TSV sets, like you, just to reduce my net outlay. It really annoys me that they (eBay) block me from selling certain brands (Decleor and IT Cosmetics spring to mind), presumably because I might be selling fakes? And yet those sellers in China are getting away with peddling products which are clearly fake as f***!

Ebay doesn't care unless Tarte or the actual company complain they do nothing. I remember looking for a Kat Von D palette on Ebay for a deal and loads at £7.99 the RRP was £40 plus. Knew for a fact all fakes and yes Chinese.

Now, I have bought cosmetics from Ebay many times but always been genuine as I know if the price is too good no way is it real.

Akimbo, the brush was definitely an original because it was from a seller who'd originally bought it from QVC, and the £5 Tarte brushes from China were originals, they were identical and Tarte brushes are made in China, these even had "Tarte" written on them because I suppose the factory that make these brushes in China don't only make brushes for QVC brands, they also sell them for themselves, and the pallet was bought from Aldi. https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-eyeshadow-palette-naturals/p/082468204251000 :mysmilie_3:

Looks like it could be a good deal...if the price is right and the quality hasn't gone downhill since Liz left. I like the idea of C&P and wanted to try the Superdrug alternative but couldn't find them. I have used LE in the past and found her products to be good.

Latest posts

Back