Catherine Huntley suggest power washing your dog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

'Having worked in retailing for more years than I want to admit 'shop assistants' are hugely under-rated and under appreciated members of the workforce, they are usually well trained and have to have a good working knowledge of the products they sell, they also have to deal with rude members of the public on a daily basis and they have to keep their till accurate. They do a thankless task for minimum pay'.

SusieSue, Please don't think my comment was a disparaging one about anybody who works in retail. I have also worked in shops, loved some customers, detested others & always tried to give good service. I enjoy shopping & find the demise of our traditional high streets a cause for concern. When I'm buying something it's always nice to know that the other person in the transaction knows their 'stuff' & sometimes a personal story or recommendation is relevant, however, those made by Ms Huntley aren't. If someone in a DIY store had said the same thing I'd have contacted their manager.

I was watching first ime in ages and she did apologise for her silly comment. She said she had never used a power washer and she was joking and did not mean any harm to dogs (I am sure she would be mortified she upset people by her silly remarke)

Imo most of the presenters seem bored with their jobs and not paying attention to the products they are presenting , today on Style I heard Chloe say 'Medium is gone in all Sizes' I think Julia is still the best presenter on qvc, when she is not being a diva...

You are very right there. They seem to go on autopilot and just open their mouths without engaging their brains. It is obvious that little to no thought goes into a presentation, as often the spiel stays the same and only the presenters' outfits change. As a job I would have to change how I was saying things or bore myself to death!

Given that, by the law of averages, there will be foolish and maybe even cruel people watching at any moment... It was incredibly stupid to say pressure wash your dog even in jest. For all we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers, the RSPCA exists for a reason (SSPCA in Scotland).

I've just sent this to the Q: 'Ms Huntley suggested using a pressure washer on a dog after taking it out for a walk. She apologised, hopefully she was forced to do this by her director, but by then the damage was done. I've complained about her over-sharing previously, however, it seems nothing stops this woman. She is a television shop assistant & I don't want to hear about her bowel function, her menstrual cycle & most definitely don't want to hear suggestions of animal cruelty. Please retrain or dismiss her'. Grrr

Good post Twilight, but copy your comment to the top guy in the U.S. it really works, as they hate any negative reports from their operations abroad.

Good job Chuntley wasn't flogging microwaves, or she'd be suggesting drying off the cat in it ! And YES she's that stupid its the sort of thing she'd say, either that or she's a very good actress at being a 50 something ditzy idiot who can't stop flicking her extensions and looking in the ****** monitor.

The hairdryer is actually £300, which in itself is quite funny, as for the Clarisonic, it's not for dandruff (unless you can now get dandruff on your face, which I doubt) no it's a facial cleanser, so unless you know any cats who Cleanse and Polish I doubt a Clarisonic would benefit them.

If you had a particularly unclean cat you could power wash it, give it a going over with the Clarisonic and then dry it with the Dyson! Actually no, don't do any of these things - cats are generally do a good job of looking after themselves.

Cats do get eczema, though.

When I was a student, two of my housemates had a fight with power washers and the jet was so powerful if left red weal / marks that blistered their backs. If Huntley was serious in her suggestion, then of course someone should take her into a room for a private chat and explain a few home truths to her.

I don't think people should be silly enough as to follow her "advice," though. Maybe I should buy a pressure washer to blast that annoying fox outside my block of flats? But no! I'm not that cruel. I don't need a pressure washer as I use Showroom Shine on my vehicles.

I was watching first ime in ages and she did apologise for her silly comment. She said she had never used a power washer and she was joking and did not mean any harm to dogs (I am sure she would be mortified she upset people by her silly remarke)

So much for researching the products then. Saying that, I've never used a chainsaw but I know not to trim a dogs hair with it.

When I was a student, two of my housemates had a fight with power washers and the jet was so powerful if left red weal / marks that blistered their backs. If Huntley was serious in her suggestion, then of course someone should take her into a room for a private chat and explain a few home truths to her.

I don't think people should be silly enough as to follow her "advice," though. Maybe I should buy a pressure washer to blast that annoying fox outside my block of flats? But no! I'm not that cruel. I don't need a pressure washer as I use Showroom Shine on my vehicles.

I wouldn't presssure wash away the fox Julius, it's foxes that keep the rat population down, apart from it being utterly totally vile thing to do of course.

She clearly has very poor judgement. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that there are certain topics you don’t joke about. There are far too many things to list but power washing a living being is certainly one of them. Just another example of poor management of these wannabe celebrity presenters.

I wouldn't presssure wash away the fox Julius, it's foxes that keep the rat population down, apart from it being utterly totally vile thing to do of course.

I've got used to him now anyway, and yes your point about rat control is a good one.

SEEN IT! She was definitely joking! Not for one moment did she come across as meaning it in all seriousness.

CATH WAS JOKING!

SEEN IT! She was definitely joking! Not for one moment did she come across as meaning it in all seriousness.

CATH WAS JOKING!

I don't care, if she wants to be funny she should do stand up. This was an example of how she fills the time in her presentations by making puerile comments OR talking about herself OR by condemning every other way of buying something other than getting it from the Q. In some hours she manages to multi-task & do all three. I'm not interested in her bodily functions, I don't think she should tell everyone that her mother can hardly climb up stairs & I don't want to hear her make irresponsible suggestions. The sun is shining & the sky is blue, I can see the buds opening & the birds in our garden are making their nests. With all that beauty I can't be bothered to have this dratted woman in my world so until she pushes my blood pressure up again I'm going to forget her.

seen it! She was definitely joking! Not for one moment did she come across as meaning it in all seriousness.

Cath was joking!

Doesn't matter how big you make the letters julius (#32) she wasnt joking and if she was, which she wasn't, that's even worse. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree.

The big problem with these kinds of ill-conceived, poor taste 'jokes' is that there are some exceedingly thick folk out there, some of whom are Q devotees who could possibly think it was a grand idea.

Akin to the 'may contain nuts' warning on a pack of peanuts.

Being gadget mad, I bought a power washer at a boat show about FORTY YEARS AGO when they were very uncommon.

The demonstrator showed its power by directing it at the road, where it blasted up a big chunk of tarmac!

And BT were evaluating using them to dig holes to get at cables, because they would not cut through them, unlike a spade or pickaxe.

The big problem with these kinds of ill-conceived, poor taste 'jokes' is that there are some exceedingly thick folk out there, some of whom are Q devotees who could possibly think it was a grand idea.

Akin to the 'may contain nuts' warning on a pack of peanuts.

Absolutely, thank you Tarketta.

We had one, never saw it but used to find hens eggs buried in the garden.

We had one, never saw it but used to find hens eggs buried in the garden.

Before we downsized, our house had a huge back garden with a wooded area that backed on to our back garden, there was a fox that visited every day for some food we left out for her, anyway, we hadn't seen her for weeks and got a bit worried then one day out the blue she visited with her cubs, it was beautiful she made her cubs sit there (we were sitting out in the back garden watching) before she left with the food as if to say thank you and proudly show us her cubs, me and the husband couldn't believe it it was amazing, nature is just that though isn't it, amazing. :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back