Julia Roberts arguing with Keeley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Heliotrope is a plant that likes dry summers & will flower from quite early through to the first frost. It has dark green leaves & small flowers in clusters, these can be white or lavender, however, the best ones are the purple ones. Their fragrance is unlike any other, cherry pie with vanilla & totally delicious. I have mine in pots on a small terrace outside the kitchen & on sunny days you can smell them half way up the garden & through open windows when inside. Butterflies love them, I have two dwarf buddleias at the edge of this area & the combination of these plants attracts them in large numbers. Their only negative, & it's a huge one, is that they are poisonous, so even though it's from the borage family don't put any part of it in your drink. Having said that we've had two children, many animals & now three grandchildren & none have ever tried to eat them.

Yes ours was the purple and the smell is just like you say. We had the purple flowers, must grow some next year. Bet this years would have been glorious.

Please describe the smell & plant.....I may get one but my gardening sucks.....I've been called the 'angel of death' in relation to all things garden.

Like Twilight has said cherry pie and vanilla. We had the purple flowers and must grow some for next year. We grew ours from seed,not seen any plants in nurseries or garden centres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, got to smell the Elemis Tonka last night rubbed some of the body lotion things on my arm.

Honest opinion, it has a coconut thing going on not sweet Bounty bar coconut more sun tan cream thing. It is not really sweet as I expected with the vanilla and not what I would describe as amber as I know it. I am always wary of some vanilla perfumes as they can be ultra sweet, I call them vanilla fudge. Your teeth ache from just smelling them. There are lots of perfumes with tonka none smell like suntan coconut, not it is not nasty at all but different from what I expected.

Could her attitude be caused by wedding day jitters? The big day must be coming up soon. Does anyone know?

I have watched her since the Q started & she's always had attitude, however, like her ego it has grown with time. As they only got engaged this year I would say "no" it's got nothing to do with wedding day jitters & everything to do with Julia being under the impression that she's the Queen of QVCUK.

Could her attitude be caused by wedding day jitters? The big day must be coming up soon. Does anyone know?

Was the promise of some important news in her blog so have read a few, which turned out to be a book deal.
Anyway she does drop the hint the wedding could well be August

Julia finally tying the knot ??? If she's waited this long, I suspect its more to do with Wills, Taxes and Inheritance issues rather than anything else. Makes life less complicated for the kids and surviving partner if they're legally married.

Julia finally tying the knot ??? If she's waited this long, I suspect its more to do with Wills, Taxes and Inheritance issues rather than anything else. Makes life less complicated for the kids and surviving partner if they're legally married.

I wonder if she'll feature in Hello magazine like Jilly did. They have Hello magazine in the restaurant at my gym and it's always one of my fave reads - so far removed from my world yet oddly fascinating. There's never anything nasty in Hello, it's always: "Here is Mr and Mrs Well-To-Do and their lovely home. It's strangely aspirational - much like QVC. I love the fact that Hello run ads for Pantene shampoo and other everyday products.

I wonder if she'll feature in Hello magazine like Jilly did. They have Hello magazine in the restaurant at my gym and it's always one of my fave reads - so far removed from my world yet oddly fascinating. There's never anything nasty in Hello, it's always: "Here is Mr and Mrs Well-To-Do and their lovely home. It's strangely aspirational - much like QVC. I love the fact that Hello run ads for Pantene shampoo and other everyday products.

I have to admit it used to be one of my guilty pleasures. It doesn't count if you don't buy your own copy. I always read it back to front....it's less banal that way....

Often, the 'lovely home' is a hotel or location/set - but you knew that, right?

The wedding date has been decided - 27th August & it would have been her parents' platinum anniversary. That's more than nine months of preparation & plans...

The wedding date has been decided - 27th August & it would have been her parents' platinum anniversary. That's more than nine months of preparation & plans...

I thought Julia, a good while back, said she was going to be married in October this year. I must be going mad, I need a drink or two.

She'll probably traipse down the aisle bedizened in white, drenched in Liz Earle No: 9, her Diamonique tiara glittering as she clutches a bouquet of white roses.

May not be a tiara, perhaps the QVC crown!

I sincerely hope that she confines all talk about her forthcoming marriage to her family and friends. I don’t want to hear about it for months before and after. Why would she think that the majority of viewers care? A few might be interested but for most of us presenters’ lives are not particularly interesting.

Dear goodness just read her blog and the paragraph about the wedding date crazy, the whole 19th and 2019.........makes little sense! :thinking:

May not be a tiara, perhaps the QVC crown!

I sincerely hope that she confines all talk about her forthcoming marriage to her family and friends. I don’t want to hear about it for months before and after. Why would she think that the majority of viewers care? A few might be interested but for most of us presenters’ lives are not particularly interesting.

Don't you bet on it ! There'll be more than a few sycophantic messages from those who want to be 'matey' with her. Just like letter writers to the newspapers wishing the royals well and congratulations - as if they ****** care.

Something old... Hmm, not sure?
Something new...A Butler & Wilson "dancing couple" brooch.
Something borrowed... Alison Young's knickers
Something blue...A faux sapphire pendant from the Tova range.

Plus boring the hell out of us. Why does she think we care?

Latest posts

Back