Caseable cover for Amazon Fire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
I got a cover from Caseable for my Amazon Fire - not the last tsv the one that was on a couple of months ago - which was included in the offer. I'm not a heavy user but a couple of weeks ago part of the case broke away and now its got a crack in it in another place. I bought one from Amazon as I got fed up with waiting for the Caseable one to arrive so Ive now had to go back to using that.

Has anyone else had this problem. If I was rough with it or let children get their hands on it, then I would perhaps think it was wear and tear but, considering if I had paid for it the item would have cost £30ish, I think its rubbish. The one from Amazon is just as sturdy and costs a third of that price.

I'm wondering whether I should contact QVC because it is not fit for purpose now.

It can't hurt to contact them, I'd email so you can keep a record of any answers. I use [email protected]. Don't expect a prompt reply! You can also post on social media and they'll tell you to email (so they don't have to discuss it in public)! Award-winning don't you know!

I bought a caseable cover from amazon for my fire tablet received as a gift (bought direct from amazon by my donor). I bought it last July and have used it constantly. Mine has a jointed cover which supposedly enables you to use it as a stand. That's rubbish, but I have had no problems with it cracking so far. I think the amazon cases (I bought my last kindle as a TSV bundle from QVC) are better quality but dull as ditchwater, so on the fire I went for style over substance.

If your caseable cover has cracked, it sounds like it's faulty.

I asked my friend who bought the original TSV about the case last night. She says her one is fine. She picked a fox looking at the moon or flowers? Yes, it is crap as a stand she can never manage to get it to sit up.

Advice please

A while ago I put a thread on about my caseable cover that came with the Amazon Fire Offer which has cracked in two places. One ofyou lovely people advised me to contact QVC. Well I did and their reply is that, as it was supplied by caseable, I have to take it up with them. Now I'm not legal expert, but surely if it was part of the offer, then QVC should take responsibility.

Your views would be welcome please before I write back to them

Tell QVC that the case you bought should be fit for purpose, it obviously isn't so tell them that because QVC took your money, they're legally obliged to sort your problem out. Tell them if not, you'll get in touch with Trading Standards and leave it in their capable hands to deal with, you'll also leave your grievance on Trustpilot and also ask Resolver to step in. https://www.resolver.co.uk/ I've used Resolver before, twice over the years, once with AO, and they got the problem resolved and both cases, and both times I got a refund, they're great and the service is free, good luck. :mysmilie_3:

Also, I'm sure my forum buddies will have some good advice for you too.

Tell QVC that the case you bought should be fit for purpose, it obviously isn't so tell them that because QVC took your money, they're legally obliged to sort your problem out. Tell them if not, you'll get in touch with Trading Standards and leave it in their capable hands to deal with, you'll also leave your grievance on Trustpilot and also ask Resolver to step in. https://www.resolver.co.uk/ I've used Resolver before, twice over the years, once with AO, and they got the problem resolved and both cases, and both times I got a refund, they're great and the service is free, good luck. :mysmilie_3:

Also, I'm sure my forum buddies will have some good advice for you too.

I'd agree with 'Shopperholic, however knowing QVC they will wriggle out of it as best they can!

My caseable cover also started falling to bits, couldn't be bothered with any more drama with it and just bought a silicon cover from Amazon reduced from £29.99 to £10.99 which I am very happy with.

My caseable cover also started falling to bits, couldn't be bothered with any more drama with it and just bought a silicon cover from Amazon reduced from £29.99 to £10.99 which I am very happy with.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had a duff one. I only use mine at the end of the day when I'm in bed watching tele. I too have one from Amazon now which is fine but I'm not letting it drop with QVC. I have told them I'm going to check it out with Trading Standards. I'm certainly not going to contact caseables except perhaps to put a review on their website.

I can't understand QVC's response since your transaction is with them, however the prescribed remedy they'd offer is return all of the item for a refund. What makes this odd is that the vendor would then stand the cost of the return, not QVC, so why quibble? Maybe the CS person thought you were just hoping for a few quid refund for the cover being faulty? They could offer to do this but it would come out of QVC pockets (I assume), it's not a remedy supported by consumer law, just a goodwill remedy any other retailer might consider offering!

Give 'em hell and other potential customers will hopefully read about it on the interweb!

Latest posts

Back