Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This gardening show is so bad it is good

Even when he’s not there they’re often talking about Nanty. Jimmy Savile was going on about Nanty liking to post pictures of his blooms.

And I’m sorry, but I can’t imagine Jimmy Savile being the gardening type. Her false claws would get wrecked, she is so not suited to gardening ‘shows’.

Buy you’re right TEIN, the gardening ‘shows’ are excruciating. The appaling Angela simply won’t shut up, the Goon is permanently talked over :mysmilie_59:

God Mire is so full of it with his "pro level" drone. "if the decimal point was in a different place and this was £699.99 it would still be worth it" :mysmilie_19: Yes pal, sure!

And he STILL inists on talking about its stability and then having to walk after it as it wanders off on its own. And Jimmy Saville simply can't get over the price. It has made her claws get even more animated. Awful woman. She must hate her brother in law, as she bought him the previous model :)

Yeah I don't know much about drones however I know ones of half decent quality will do a stationary hoover, vital for all sorts of recording. Mind you, you can just tell the camera is also of relatively poor quality so the resulting footage won't be anything to write home about anyway. If only folk knew 'HD' doesn't automatically equate to quality recordings.

And yeah as someone else pointed out, stop trying to convince viewers they're buying something of a certain quality when they definitely aren't! I'm referring to the drivel they spout e.g. 'same features as a £1000 drone' ... 'same features as a £1000 phone.'

That's like selling a brand new (low price) car that maybe sells for £12k new and saying 'yep, it has a heater, central locking, electric windows and an alarm. To be honest, many of the features on this car are the same as buying one at £60k ...'

JUST BECAUSE PRODUCTS BASICALLY DO THE SAME THING AND MIGHT SHARE SOME FEATURES DOES NOT MAKE THEM EQUAL!!!

You have no idea how genuinely sorry I feel for any viewers that fall for the drivel. If you buy off this crowd with eyes wide open and aware you're not really buying a drone phone whatever that's like the quality brands then fine. It's the people that, with the best of intentions, maybe buy the stuff e.g. as a gift and the recipient probably opens the wrapping and thinks 'what's this sh...'

Last edited:
Is Dave Loydon keep the channel afloat?
Are watch shows selling so much at such a margin and that is why they are on all the time at present? Or more likely other suppliers are not so keen to come to ideal or comeback?

Another repeat classic this morning with our ayley with protocol.

She loves all of the products (of course) 5 minutes in she tells James the serum is her all time fav product LESS than a minute later she has obviously got herself confused with so many lies and she tells him the Microdermabrasion has always been her favourite. His face was a picture at least he was keeping up

Are watch shows selling so much at such a margin and that is why they are on all the time at present? Or more likely other suppliers are not so keen to come to ideal or comeback?

She loves all of the products (of course) 5 minutes in she tells James the serum is her all time fav product LESS than a minute later she has obviously got herself confused with so many lies and she tells him the Microdermabrasion has always been her favourite. His face was a picture at least he was keeping up

Dave Loydon is certainly helping keep them going, he spent well over £2000 in the last week.

Watching Nanty and Kevski last night, Nanty told us again about the Vostok watch he'd treated himself to for his birthday. (It's his birthday soon, but he rarely mentions it!:mysmilie_17:)."Ah, this is my watch" says Nanty, as he picks up this huge piece of metal. "You haven't got it yet" said Kevski."I've had it all week" replied Nanty. "Oh, I forgot" says Kevski.

It was quite evident, that Kevski had forgotten Nanty's lie. Nanty had never bought that watch at all.

Kevski told us that Mathey Tissot had only made 300 Rollie automatic watches and he'd bought the entire stock. He was selling the remaining stock off at the give away price of £399.99, saving £400. Now that's very odd, because Jomashop in New York have the very same watches at $299.99.

It goes to prove that you can never believe anything that these buggers say!

Switched on just now and volavont is doing his bag routine AGAIN on the alcatel phone show get a life mate for c*****s sake change the record

rare post from me a positive

yet again the best deal they have had for ages is this knife deal currently on air(kitchen again!)

I used Le Cordon Bleu knives when I worked in Germany in my younger days. £78 delivered for the 7 piece set is the best deal they will have ever on this channel (plus a free chopping board by the by)

This kitchen buyer needs a raise, can actual tell as the presenters are not having to do a hard sell these will sell out genuinely

Last edited:
rare post from me a positive

yet again the best deal they have had for ages is this knife deal currently on air(kitchen again!)

I used Le Cordon Bleu knives when I worked in Germany in my younger days. £78 delivered for the 7 piece set is the best deal they will have ever on this channel (plus a free chopping board by the by)

This kitchen buyer needs a raise, can actual tell as the presenters are not having to do a hard sell these will sell out genuinely

Well, I got sucked in for the knives. I thought it a good deal too. It makes a change to see a good deal on IW!!

I've posted this on the QVC "today's tech TSV" thread, but as there seem to be more technical discussions on this thread I'm copying it here - - - - - - >

I've never had a smartphone.

I would like to take my PAY AS YOU GO SIM from my Nokia dumb-phone to use in this, just for texts and the occasional phone call, with no data downloading at all except via wi-fi.

Any opinions whether this is any good?

https://www.qvcuk.com/Archos-Core-5...GB-Storage-&-Case.product.517498.html?sc=IROA

Personally I wouldn't touch it. They're hiding too many specifications. It says it's HD, but is it 720p or 1080p? I think if it were 1080p it would say so and what's the ram?

I think perhaps IW's Wileyfox is a better option.

Personally I wouldn't touch it. They're hiding too many specifications. It says it's HD, but is it 720p or 1080p? I think if it were 1080p it would say so and what's the ram?

I think perhaps IW's Wileyfox is a better option.

Possibly, but the Archos could be just as good, and I would trust QVC's returns policy over IW's unless you buy direct from Wileyfox themselves. Very little is online about the Archos phone at present (not even a first look test) but it may have 3GB RAM which is excellent for a budget phone (at that price it's often 2GB or even less). I say 'may have' because some phone specifications can vary by country; for example, certain Samsung phones can even have completely different processors (Exynos or Snapdragon) depending on whether it's a European or US model.

Also I think RAM size is much more important for modern budget phones than processor type (which are nowadays all good enough for casual use) unless it's a smartphone less than £100, in which case you have to be extra careful but the Alcatel A3 is worth a look with some good reviews. However get the best phone that you can afford, and it's a good idea is to get a protective case for it as well unless you're going to be careful with handling it.

I've owned an (rebadged) Archos phone in the past and it was very good apart from its awful camera, though modern Archos phones may well have better cameras. QVC (& theoretically Ideal World) may have better returns policies but a place like Carphone Warehouse often lets you try phones before choosing one, especially if it's a branch inside Currys where they have real phones on display instead of dummy models.

I was looking for a cheap smart phone but the reviews of most of cheaper ones usually have some disadvantage or other so i thought i would by a apple iphone as i use apple at home and i love it although i understand not everyone can afford to do that but of the cheaper ones the moto g5 looks good

The Protocol stuff does such great things for the hair that the guy who presents it definitely looks as though he's had a hair transplant!!!

Again, I'm not saying the stuff doesn't have some good qualities for health, however DON'T spout that it'll essentially make you a 20 year old buff thing again went IT WON'T!!!

We're selling you a watch that has the outline of an old Russian water skimming plane etched on the back. We'll drone on about this plane for a few mins, how excellent this plane was (even though only 1 of a planned 2 were built) and try to convince you by buying this watch, you are buying into the ethos of the plane.

THE WATCH ... IN NO SHAPE OR FORM ... HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE <insert swear word starting with 'f' here> PLANE!!!!!!

These muppets constantly do this with stuff they flog. Try to convince you you're buying into a brand (e.g. Ferrari) or buying into an ethos and way of working/living, when the stuff 99% of the time is not connected to whatever historic thing they tell you it is.

We're selling you a watch that has the outline of an old Russian water skimming plane etched on the back. We'll drone on about this plane for a few mins, how excellent this plane was (even though only 1 of a planned 2 were built) and try to convince you by buying this watch, you are buying into the ethos of the plane.

THE WATCH ... IN NO SHAPE OR FORM ... HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE <insert swear word starting with 'f' here> PLANE!!!!!!

These muppets constantly do this with stuff they flog. Try to convince you you're buying into a brand (e.g. Ferrari) or buying into an ethos and way of working/living, when the stuff 99% of the time is not connected to whatever historic thing they tell you it is.

Same with Thomas Earnshaw, inventor of the Modern Chronometer.

Those Watches they shill that bear his name have absolutely zero to do with Tommy. He croaked in 1829, which means he must have been born even before De Knees was.

They’re shameless :mysmilie_59:

Same with Thomas Earnshaw, inventor of the Modern Chronometer.

Those Watches they shill that bear his name have absolutely zero to do with Tommy. He croaked in 1829, which means he must have been born even before De Knees was.

They’re shameless :mysmilie_59:

I sometimes think many (now deceased) founders of brands must be turning in their graves to see what their original idea has become.

Well, I received my Mathey Tissot Type 21 Quartz Chronograph from Jomashop in New York about a week ago. I paid approximately £300 for it including the £54 customs charge. All in all, it's not a bad watch, but the bracelet is a little below par. IW's price for this piece is now £699.99, which is an increase of £150 from the original price, with the version on leather strap being £50 cheaper.

So, is this watch worth IW's £699.99?, definitely not! Is it worth £549.99?, no it isn't! Is it worth the £300 I paid? it's debatable. If I had my money back for it would I buy it again? probably not.

Something I don't understand is why IW charge £50 more for the bracelet version over the leather strap one and £100 more for the bracelet version of the automatic version, when the bracelets and straps are identical! Jomashop charge $849 for both versions of the automatic one. I mean to me the bracelet is worth around £30. Ideal World are really taking the mickey all round.

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot-watch-h1821chatno.html

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot-watch-h1821chatlno.html

Last edited:
It is Mid October and it is one of the hottest October days for a long time....

And Ideal currently have a heating show on...

Peter (he is a massive fan says Jo) and an increasingly manic and over talkative Joanne.

Sadly Joanne has already "forgot" she told us all earlier in the summer on the fisher heating shows she did they had saved her loads of money and were a joy to deal with.

She has just told us her bills have " never been higher"......

£350 for a ceramic radiator and the hard sell to the old and the people who worry

I hope they sleep well at night I would not

I cant watch anymore of this

shouting, screeching , talking over the guest "expert"

Here is an idea Ideal let her down the shows alone preferably not when broadcasting

Latest posts

Back