Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some of those Constantine watches I saw the other day were some of the ugliest creations I had ever seen. And you have DP and Caroline pretending to ooh and ahh over them pretending they are design masterpieces.

Simon and Reynolds have just appeared on the Easter Collectable Timepieces show. (What a daft title)

First watch up is a Mathey Tissot piece at £1,299.99. Simon looks at the camera and puts his sincere face on and says, "I promise you, I'm going to buy one of these" :mysmilie_19:

Yes, of course you are you lying tosser!!!

I think he qualifies for being the Prick of the day!

Simon and Reynolds have just appeared on the Easter Collectable Timepieces show. (What a daft title)

First watch up is a Mathey Tissot piece at £1,299.99. Simon looks at the camera and puts his sincere face on and says, "I promise you, I'm going to buy one of these" :mysmilie_19:

Yes, of course you are you lying tosser!!!

I think he qualifies for being the Prick of the day!

.......or the Year :mysmilie_8: He's so cringe, my cringeometer's broke!

He always says he couldn't afford one of their mattresses at its 'usual price' yet he can afford that watch??

Near the end of the hour he shakily holds one of the Easter Collectable Timepieces, looks sideways, probably to thin air, and says in his highest pitched voice 'Is this the lowest price on this?'........Kevin says: 'Peder, we've never shown this before' :mysmilie_17:

He still calls David Fabro (hot off the pet lottery commercial) 'Fabrio'. I wonder if he's going to the 'Bespoked' cycle show :mysmilie_19:

Gollum at it again talking his usual bollocks about the NUU phone. "It has split screen that you usually only see on phones costing hundreds of pounds." No tosspot, it's a feature of newer Android firmwares. In other words, any recent phone can do it :/

And apparently IW are usually ripping people off with this phone, as the bald headed plank declares that they usually charge £250 for it. Quite a bit above the £179.99 that NUU say is the RRP.

The drill man again this morning had to laugh this morning when the drill bit fell out of the drill time for for a change of demos mate you are very boring,see what i did there boring a well never mind hope you all have a nice easter

The drill man again this morning had to laugh this morning when the drill bit fell out of the drill time for for a change of demos mate you are very boring,see what i did there boring a well never mind hope you all have a nice easter

I bought those wonder drills. (Dummy!!!)

They drill masonry OK, but they're crap on aluminium, wood and even plastic!
My advice to anyone would be avoid. They have a 10 year guarantee, but you have to return your damaged drill with £5.99 to cover postage. In other words, you buy a replacement drill.

Rubbish!!!

A similar demo on QVC today, bit kept falling out of drill, and lots of other bloopers, especially demonstrating the strength of sticky tape (2 types didn't stick or seal a leak)

That snapped drill bit perfectly sums up the deception of the channel as a whole. And Gollum stands there smiling like a tit.

And has been pointed out - and I have mentioned myself several times - you end up spending more than the initial cost if you send any broke bits back. It is a massive con, claiming you get a lifetime guarantee. In that case everything you buy has a lifetime guarantee if you have to spend more than the item cost to get a "free" replacement.

Here's something downright deceptive I haven't heard them do before yesterday in relation to smartphones (in this case that NUU thing they've been selling over Easter), which must have been OK'd by Ideal World senior management because I've also heard the same thing said today by a different presenter.

Yesterday's 8pm show - the claim in question can be found from 22.20 here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/nuu-4g-smartphone-blockbuster-2758342?channel=IW - Volauvent said "4G Long Term Evolution", then shortly afterwards Peter Simon interrupted him to say "Is that kind of future proof then" to which Volauvent replied "Well yeah - yeah absolutely". Anyone who knows what "Long Term Evolution" actually means in respect of the 4G standard will know that's absolute nonsense!

Plus the same deceptive nonsense was repeated by Dennice at the start of tonight's 7pm show when she said "LTE means that it's future-protected so it means that the phone itself can grow as things change which is amazing". If there's no connection between the two incidents then it's a hell of a coincidence especially as De Knees isn't technically-minded enough to wander off-script from a technical perspective. Tonight's show can be viewed here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/nuu-4g-smartphone-blockbuster-2758344?channel=IW

Yeah especially when 5G will start rolling out this year. They really do prey on the poor souls out there who aren't tech savvy.

Yeah especially when 5G will start rolling out this year. They really do prey on the poor souls out there who aren't tech savvy.

Given that (from what i've heard) 5G is likely to take longer to roll out compared to 4G because the 5G signal travels a shorter distance, it's something that shouldn't trouble potential handset purchasers even this year. They must have a lot of NUU smartphones to shift because they're resorting to desperate and underhand tactics to sell them!

Another phone tonight , Alcatel 3 (2019) , Simon said it had the latest Android operating system Android Oreo, lying again i see as latest version is Pie , how to they get away with lying all the time, its quite bad really

He also said the phone will be selling for over £300 in a couple of weeks everywhere and you are getting a phone worth over £300 buy now just buy it , not according to this review, release price is £138

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/hands-on-alcatel-3-2019

Another phone tonight , Alcatel 3 (2019) , Simon said it had the latest Android operating system Android Oreo, lying again i see as latest version is Pie , how to they get away with lying all the time, its quite bad really

He also said the phone will be selling for over £300 in a couple of weeks everywhere and you are getting a phone worth over £300 buy now just buy it , not according to this review, release price is £138

The reason he gets away with it is because no one reports him to the ASA these days ! This one sounds like a breach of the rules and if you know the time and date of the broadcast you can file a complaint online.

Yes, what a liar he is. This is from the techtrader site.

'Early Verdict
The Alcatel 3 (2019) could be one of the budget hits of 2019 with what appears to be a great balance of features, power and style for a price that is hugely attractive.
For
Attractive design
Lots of storage
Decent power
Against
Old version of Android
No fast charging
Camera just okay'

Yes, old version of Android!!!!

Simon should be horse whipped for his persistant lies!!!!!!!

The reason he gets away with it is because no one reports him to the ASA these days ! This one sounds like a breach of the rules and if you know the time and date of the broadcast you can file a complaint online.

I've reported them a few months ago, not him. After their original acknowledgement (ASA), I've heard nothing more.

I've heard lots of reportable things since but it seems futile.

The presenters often say that they are closely governed by them, like they're sitting there watching them.

I've reported them a few months ago, not him. After their original acknowledgement (ASA), I've heard nothing more.

I've heard lots of reportable things since but it seems futile.

The presenters often say that they are closely governed by them, like they're sitting there watching them.

That's disappointing ! I only ever made one complaint to the ASA and that was back in the Bid days. They dealt with it really efficiently and it was upheld.
I have also heard loads of reportable things on Ideal World -particularly from you know who !!!!!

Latest posts

Back