Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another piece of info for Peter to put on his CV.

He has just said on a watch hour "If like me.........being brought up in life with horology" :wonder:

At least he has learned to let buyers know that he thinks the price is wrong and insure these watches..........Yip a crapy old Bermuda watch!!!

How long can they keep saying "this price is defo defo defo wrong it should be much higher we've made a mistake!" Taking the viewer for utter muppets, Very sad tactics!

Another piece of info for Peter to put on his CV.

He has just said on a watch hour "If like me.........being brought up in life with horology" :wonder:

At least he has learned to let buyers know that he thinks the price is wrong and insure these watches..........Yip a crapy old Bermuda watch!!!

How long can they keep saying "this price is defo defo defo wrong it should be much higher we've made a mistake!" Taking the viewer for utter muppets, Very sad tactics!

For as long as they get sales. There are loads of people who think Peter Simon's OK because they remember him from his kids' telly days, and think he's hysterical because he's uncontrollably smutty. So he constantly gets the benefit of the doubt.

Then there's his "Hello vulnerable Mrs OAP, I'm just like you" act. There are plenty of vulnerable people who take that at face value because they have no-one else. Far too many selly telly presenters present themselves as "the viewers' friend" to get sales. Or, like Nanty, Denniece and Pope Pete, make up sob stories or use their ill, elderly or dead relatives to clinch sales.

It's all sick.

I remember him vaguely from his children's TV days but I didn't really like the shows he 'starred' in.(nothing to do with PS) However,his performances in the world of shopping TV really do leave a lot to be desired.Would that behaviour be tolerated in any other shopping environment for example?I don't think so.I ,like most on here, do not hate a person we haven't met but rather dislike the persona and behaviour that he presents to us.I find it strange that anyone would come on this forum, just to defend someone so loyally, if they too only know them as a screen persona and not a real life friend or associate.

20160906_233738.jpg

Last edited:
Because they want to believe, because they have noting else to value in their lives. Whether it's those daft bints starstruck over Debbie Flint on QVC and enjoy defending her on FB and sites like this, lonely and vulnerable people who believe that Pope Pete or Nanty really does understand them, it's people willing to buy into the crap without question because if they did, they really would have nothing.

And many people can't face that. They'd rather have a lie than nothing.

Because they want to believe, because they have noting else to value in their lives. Whether it's those daft bints starstruck over Debbie Flint on QVC and enjoy defending her on FB and sites like this, lonely and vulnerable people who believe that Pope Pete or Nanty really does understand them, it's people willing to buy into the crap without question because if they did, they really would have nothing.

It is very sad but you have it spot on there. I hope like a lot of the presenters it is just a big showbiz act he puts on.If it's not then,like it or not fans, in my opinion sordid,dodgy and creepy comes to mind as well as the fact he often tells a lot of blatant lies about the items he sells.

He seems to like the viewers to bolster his ego too. He read out an email the other day, I've heard it before, saying that he should have his own show (maybe he'd written it himself!) He said he once had :wonder:

I saw he introduced Kevinski, who was waiting in the wings the other night, like a chat show entrance. He was 'performing' Me and My Shadow with Creepy Crawley a few nights before that. I think he craves being in the spotlight and if it's only in front of the camera on a crappy shopping channel, it will have to do.

He seems to like the viewers to bolster his ego too. He read out an email the other day, I've heard it before, saying that he should have his own show (maybe he'd written it himself!) He said he once had :wonder:

I saw he introduced Kevinski, who was waiting in the wings the other night, like a chat show entrance. He was 'performing' Me and My Shadow with Creepy Crawley a few nights before that. I think he craves being in the spotlight and if it's only in front of the camera on a crappy shopping channel, it will have to do.

Crappy,,, Crappy,,, Crappy,,,? It's far worse than that! :mysmilie_59:

Keyboard psychology. Hilarious. So not only are the presenters the sad scum of the earth, but people who actually like them are too? Good grief, so much hatred. Perhaps you're the one who needs psychological help. Vapid indeed.

Peter & Kevski selling a big ugly £700 Vostok watch (By the way Kev thinks he has an amazing deal here for the viewers and IW should be charging at least £100 more for this mess of a watch...Cheers Kev)

Peter says "The big Swiss watch makers wont do this kind of watch as its just to difficult and far to expensive for them to touch" and Kev then backs him up with "yip thats bang on Peter" :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_59:

Again for no reason Peter is throwing about the word Rolex this Rolex that! Like walking into a Lada garage and the salesman gibbering on about Porsche non stop!

But remember folks hurry as this is the last of the stock and these must be insured! :giggle:

Peter & Kevski selling a big ugly £700 Vostok watch (By the way Kev thinks he has an amazing deal here for the viewers and IW should be charging at least £100 more for this mess of a watch...Cheers Kev)

Peter says "The big Swiss watch makers wont do this kind of watch as its just to difficult and far to expensive for them to touch" and Kev then backs him up with "yip thats bang on Peter" :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_59:

Again for no reason Peter is throwing about the word Rolex this Rolex that! Like walking into a Lada garage and the salesman gibbering on about Porsche non stop!

But remember folks hurry as this is the last of the stock and these must be insured! :giggle:

And that huge gold coloured thing!!!! Talk about in your face.

Has anyone noticed that the Mathey Tissot Roley has completely the wrong bezel? It has a 24 hour bezel, but the Watch has no 24 hour hand! The bezel should be marked out in 60 minutes. That makes the Watch a complete nonsense and not worth a bean to me!

Mathey Tissot, Watches of distinction.

Last edited:
'They don't let me and Kevin do these shows very often, this is only the, I think, fourth one'...... Kevski sits there like a nodding dog

Eh? They are on every week or more, what's that all about?

Well, the collectors were on the phone like a shot last night for that £700 watch. Peter getting all excited over it, and why you need to hurry up and order.

But wait!..........this morning 9am Live show is on, and the first item they are pushing is the very same watch that people were snapping up the evening before, and is only available in limited numbers.

Well, the collectors were on the phone like a shot last night for that £700 watch. Peter getting all excited over it, and why you need to hurry up and order.

But wait!..........this morning 9am Live show is on, and the first item they are pushing is the very same watch that people were snapping up the evening before, and is only available in limited numbers.

Nothing ever changes!

They have just had those watches on again and I noticed the amazing quality control that goes on at Vostok. The main one Jimmy Saville was showing off......the minute hand wasn't aligned with the minute markers when the second hand hit 12. In fact it perfectly aligned with the minute markers at around the 25 second mark! Nice.....great to show your friends :)

Its the 4pm watch hour with all these watches that are (apparently) flying out!

Kevski just said in a worried voice "Oh my god this price must be wrong" Yip ok this time I agree with you Kev this watch should probably be about £200 less than what you want for it!!!

Bugs the t1ts off me also when they throw about statements like "Hey its only £60 today, whats £60? even if you cant afford the full price today its only £60 today remember!!" Excuse me you self indulged egomanics some people dont have £6 never mind £60 to get by with!! Sickening sales....................Wrong on a few levels, its like they encourage the weak willed into buying! :taphead:

I've got this idea for a game you can play with your friends -everyone writes down how far into the hour it will be when Kevin claims that one of the watches has been wrongly priced up.
The winner gets an ASA t-shirt ....whadaya think ???????????????

Its the 4pm watch hour with all these watches that are (apparently) flying out!

Kevski just said in a worried voice "Oh my god this price must be wrong" Yip ok this time I agree with you Kev this watch should probably be about £200 less than what you want for it!!!

Bugs the t1ts off me also when they throw about statements like "Hey its only £60 today, whats £60? even if you cant afford the full price today its only £60 today remember!!" Excuse me you self indulged egomanics some people dont have £6 never mind £60 to get by with!! Sickening sales....................Wrong on a few levels, its like they encourage the weak willed into buying! :taphead:

Oh please, not the wrong price routine again... Haven't seen that for at least a fortnight.

Latest posts

Back