Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More words of wisdom from Genpleaseleave while (yet again) shilling those ‘effin bleeding Heaters : -

‘It doesn’t matter how clean or messy your house is, it’s about how warm it is’

I wish she’d take her own advice :mysmilie_59:

70FE2F6B-466F-48E6-AE3E-394D27C68A73.jpg

I'm convinced that those presenters actually believe their own bullshit while demonstrating those ceramic radiators. Either that or they are good actors. I'm almost starting to believe them myself!!

Help, I think I need emergency therapy.

More words of wisdom from Genpleaseleave while (yet again) shilling those ‘effin bleeding Heaters : -

View attachment 14955

She also mentioned about getting home to a house with a warm hallway; this is despite the "Only heat the room you're in, not the whole house" sales pitch they sometimes use, etc., something that, erm, a central heating system would be somewhat better and cheaper at doing.

Also you can now buy two ripoff radiators for £299 (plus P&P of course). Bargain :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 14955

I'll remember that when they are selling cleaning stuff... it doesn't matter how clean my home is!

She also mentioned about getting home to a house with a warm hallway; this is despite the "Only heat the room you're in, not the whole house" sales pitch they sometimes use, etc., something that, erm, a central heating system would be somewhat better and cheaper at doing.

Also you can now buy two ripoff radiators for £299 (plus P&P of course). Bargain :mysmilie_59:

A bargain indeed :mysmilie_15:

She also told a tale about taking her Dog for a walk for an hour that very morning, she claimed she left at 9.00am and set the Heater Timer to come on at 10.00am and lo and behold, she returned to a toasty warm living room.

Jukebox Janice was nodding in delighted agreement but to my mind it was kind of obvious it was BS.

These farting little (but very expensive) Heaters really do sound amazing :mysmilie_59:

AB7D78AB-C88C-4926-81E3-564D987B8955.jpg

I'll remember that when they:mysmilie_59: are selling cleaning stuff... it doesn't matter how clean my home is!

She said her Mum always used to say the line about a messy but warm house, pity she didn’t have Shadazzle (DING!).

So can we assume that Genpleaseleave grew up in a Pigsty, albeit a heated one? :mysmilie_59:

F116C004-DE54-4EF2-9CC3-384148735B55.jpg8CCF03DA-97AA-4F34-9746-FE38C6A37629.jpeg

She also showed those temperature charts edinburgh was -6 in fact i had just been out in the garden 30mins before in the sunshine +8 degrees :mysmilie_14:

She also showed those temperature charts edinburgh was -6 in fact i had just been out in the garden 30mins before in the sunshine +8 degrees :mysmilie_14:

Indeed Mossie.

In fact they were showing the temperatures, including wind chill factor, timed at 5.30pm, on November 30, on December 3! Not sure what the relevance of telling us the temperatures from days ago but it was also a sunny 8 degrees here too!

And the Screeching Banshee that is Genpleaseleave warned us that it’s going to be ‘absolutely freezing’ next weekend although she didn’t actually say where.

I checked the BBC Weather App for next weekend in my neck of the woods, it says we can expect a sunny 6 degrees daytime and 3 degrees nighttime.

So possibly a bit nippy but ‘absolutely freezing’? :mysmilie_59:

I can only imagine when the presenters have a good chin wag in the green room before and after their allotted times, they must roar with laughter at the utter tosh they say. Can you imagine one saying, I can't beleive you got away with saying that? The other then thinking, I'm going to top you, just watch and see my show, and so on, and on. :mysmilie_17:

The way to look at the ceramic heaters is this. Imagine you have 2 buckets....one with no bottom, and one with a small hole in the bottom. You put a gallon of water into each bucket, in this case the gallon equals 1000w of electricity.

The bucket with no bottom is a regular electric heater. You pour your 1000W's in, and it comes straight out as you pour it through. That is how the heater works, the electricity goes in and heat comes out.

The bucket with the small hole in, is one of these ceramic heaters. You pour your 1000W in, and it comes out slowly, but you still only get your 1000W (one gallon) coming out of it. No trickery, no magic, it just takes longer for the heat to come out.

This is why they always show the heat probes touching the ceramic and not showing an infra red picture showing the surrounding air. Because the heat comes out slowly and at first the heater itself starts to warm up, but not enough to warm the surrounding air as well as a regular fan heater where the heat comes straight out as you pour it through. You get the heat hotter and instantly-ish.

If they showed an heat image of a regular fan heater and the ceramic one side by side, you'd see the surrounding air would be a lot hotter around the normal fan heater. You won't save a penny over buying a normal fan heater by buying one of these. They only work well in cases like my brother used to have. where you could store the heat in a storage heater using cheaper over night electricity.

Has anyone noticed that all of the reviews for the STK phone have vanished? Could it be because that 12 of the 14 reviews were all only one star?

I'm sure it's simply someone's mistake at IW!!!

Poo Poo is shilling a big Dormeo sponge. He’s being assisted by Baby Jane’s alpha male sidekick Luxurious Luxury Deluxe, Creepy Crawley. Poo Poo says : -

‘I love The Jeremy Kyle Show but the way they go at eachother I’m sure they’re deprived of sleep’

Not as much as Poo Poo is deprived of talent.

6262F88E-37B7-4039-B75E-2F47C91075EF.jpegA88EC5AE-9573-4767-A6B1-C3910BD38C03.jpg

Meanwhile Ellie May Clampett and the atrocious Suzy are shilling Faux Silk Curtains. They’re just talking over eachother, vying for the camera.

I’m thinking they loathe eachother :mysmilie_59:

2039BAF4-7BBE-42A1-98A7-8A03F14F448F.jpg11211D0B-EA3F-43E7-A0F7-9EC18B42EDD0.jpgA6F17B63-51F8-4BFF-885C-686CA9CD1D89.jpg

Howard brought his own unique fecal-focused marketing skills to bag selling yesterday.

Speaking of the generous storage capacity of a particular ladies bag, he mentioned how it would be possible to store a used doggy poo bag in one of its compartments. I know it takes all sorts, but can there really be ladies out there who would be swayed by the dog poo storage of a handbag???!

Only on Planet Howard...Woman bag.jpg Red bag.jpg

Has anyone noticed that all of the reviews for the STK phone have vanished? Could it be because that 12 of the 14 reviews were all only one star?

I'm sure it's simply someone's mistake at IW!!!

They've missed one.........

RUBISH
01 December 2017
I received this phone today, will not except my contract sim, will not except pay as you go Tesco, O2 and EE, tried them all, had it for three hours and battery needed recharging, also volume control missing had to pay for delivery and have to pay to send it back, advertising this rubbish on TV is disgraceful, advice, DO NOT BUY, its rubbish.

They've missed one.........

RUBISH
01 December 2017
I received this phone today, will not except my contract sim, will not except pay as you go Tesco, O2 and EE, tried them all, had it for three hours and battery needed recharging, also volume control missing had to pay for delivery and have to pay to send it back, advertising this rubbish on TV is disgraceful, advice, DO NOT BUY, its rubbish.

That’s surprising Momma because Jukebox Janice seemed to think that those phones were pretty amazing.

Here’s a review on Trustpilot, dated 18/11/17, for a mobile phone purchase from Ideal World : -

‘I purchased a new phone from this company. On arrival the phone was simply not up to coping with what I expected. Ideal World had not technically lied but had definitely over-sold the product in their highly gimmicky TV presentation. There was only just enough memory to hold the Android system (4GB) let alone deal with all the photos videos streaming etc they demonstrated. I sent the phone back using their collection point in Asda stating my dissatisfaction and telling them clearly that they had MIS-SOLD the product. Their position was that as they had not said anything untruthful the product was not defective and therefore they were charging me for the return delivery even from their own collection point! I will never use IDEAL WORLD again!’

Ideal World now has a Trust Rating of just 0.7 out of 10 and is ranked 1720th out of the 1722 companies reviewed in their category of retailer, which is ‘Clothes & Fashion’.

Oh dear :mysmilie_13:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

I suspect their justification for removing the STK phone reviews, is that a fair few of them mentioned that you couldn't change the ringtone. Manice made a point on one of the shows to show how to change the ringtone.

Not saying they are in the right if that is why they were taken down, but wouldn't be surprised if that was the reasoning.

Howard brought his own unique fecal-focused marketing skills to bag selling yesterday.

Speaking of the generous storage capacity of a particular ladies bag, he mentioned how it would be possible to store a used doggy poo bag in one of its compartments. I know it takes all sorts, but can there really be ladies out there who would be swayed by the dog poo storage of a handbag???!

Only on Planet Howard...View attachment 14977 View attachment 14978

Don't knock it, it works for me as a selling point. I'd buy it and I haven't even got a dog! I can honestly say when I have been buying handbags in TK Maxx I have never considered storing dog poo in it... as you say, only on Planet Howard!

That’s surprising Momma because Jukebox Janice seemed to think that those phones were pretty amazing.

Here’s a review on Trustpilot, dated 18/11/17, for a mobile phone purchase from Ideal World : -

‘I purchased a new phone from this company. On arrival the phone was simply not up to coping with what I expected. Ideal World had not technically lied but had definitely over-sold the product in their highly gimmicky TV presentation. There was only just enough memory to hold the Android system (4GB) let alone deal with all the photos videos streaming etc they demonstrated. I sent the phone back using their collection point in Asda stating my dissatisfaction and telling them clearly that they had MIS-SOLD the product. Their position was that as they had not said anything untruthful the product was not defective and therefore they were charging me for the return delivery even from their own collection point! I will never use IDEAL WORLD again!’

Ideal World now has a Trust Rating of just 0.7 out of 10 and is ranked 1720th out of the 1722 companies reviewed in their category of retailer, which is ‘Clothes & Fashion’.

Oh dear :mysmilie_13:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

Those reviews make for grim reading. There's even a comment by a disgruntled ex employee, complaining about the toxic atmosphere at Ideal world. Given the questionable ethics of those who are charged with selling the merchandise, it would not be surprising if a dog eat dog ethos was prevalent throughout the company.

Those reviews make for grim reading. There's even a comment by a disgruntled ex employee, complaining about the toxic atmosphere at Ideal world. Given the questionable ethics of those who are charged with selling the merchandise, it would not be surprising if a dog eat dog ethos was prevalent throughout the company.

I think we would all agree that a reviewer is more likely to post a comment following a poor experience, on the other hand they have received the lowest possible rating for 85% of their 300 reviews which suggests a pattern.

But, to be ranked 1,721st of the 1,723 companies in their particular retail sector is particularly worrying.

And an overall trust rating of just 0.7 out of 10 doesn’t give you confidence does it? :down:

Latest posts

Back