Sally Jacks.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Unfortunately that seems to be the stock in trade for all the selly telly clothes shows, on any channel. I would much prefer it if they told us it would flatter the things we're proud of, or honestly (fat chance) tell us what bodyshape an item would flatter most without being derogatory about that bodyshape.

Same applies to any exercise equipment like (especially) the Vibrapower that seems to be primarily sold as a means of reducing fat for 'ladies' worried about key parts of their body. Whilst it may be true that women tend to be more "body-conscious", that sort of sales pitch helps to perpetuate this type of self-loathing as well as being rather sexist.

Yes - women get targeted more because we (generalising massively here) enjoy shopping more than men do. Women have long-established poor body image training by all aspects of sales and media... men are catching up more nowadays.

Its a shame that the most effective sales tactic - at least in their eyes - is to make their potential customers feel awful about themselves.

And when they are selling shapewear, the shapewear in hand is the only shapewear that doesn't make you feel like a badly stuffed sausage, the only shapewear that's not a struggle to put on, to take off, to walk in, to sit down in yada yada - Until another brand comes along. Same with skincare....I always use Linda Lusardi/Elizabeth Grant/... .... fill in space with the brand currently on air. What brand is it Denniece? L'Oreal probably! Wish they'd actually tell the truth once in a while, it might give the channel a bit of credibility, and they sure could use some right now! Or better still presenters shut the feck up and let the guest tell us about the product, and you do your job which is to introduce them, ask relevant questions, tell us how much something is (including extras!) and how we can get our hands on it! By all means help demo a product, give praise where it's due, but don't expect us to believe that you own/use it already, or have bought something identical for twice the price!

Let's face it - these days it's not an effective selling point that the selly telly presenter or anyone remotely connected with them uses the product. We all know it for what it is: a shameless sales ploy. They really are in La-la-land if they really think it is an asset to their sales pitch.

Just switched on to Jacks presenting Fashion & as usual Jacks is talking out of her rear end, & talking to the viewers as if they are Children,never come across such an awful patronising Presenter as Jacks,talk about common,IW really were really scraping the barrel Employing Jacks. If someone doesn't tell Jacks how to pronounce Cobalt, it is not pronounced Coal bolt,as Jacks pronounces the colour even single time,its pronounced Co balt,no other Presenter has a problem pronouncing the word Cobalt,apart from Jacks.

Last edited:
She is also the woman who pronounces "maroon" as "marry oon". Just the sound of her grating voice makes me switch over (even the cat heads for the garden door, which is hardly surprising).

Just switched on to Jacks presenting Fashion & as usual Jacks is talking out of her rear end, & talking to the viewers as if they are Children,never come across such an awful patronising Presenter as Jacks,talk about common,IW really were really scraping the barrel Employing Jacks. If someone doesn't tell Jacks how to pronounce Cobalt, it is not pronounced Coal bolt,as Jacks pronounces the colour even single time,its pronounced Co balt,no other Presenter has a problem pronouncing the word Cobalt,apart from Jacks.

Why on earth do ideal world continue to employ Jacks I will never know,even my dog hides as soon as she hears Jacks voice,Maroon is not a difficult word to present,neither is Cobalt,why doesn't Ideal World tell Jacks off for her pronunciation of certain words,just watching Joanne Afibel Fashion,what a difference in presenting,Joanne isn't shouting at the viewers or speaking to viewers like they are imbeciles.wish Jacks would talk normally & not shout & also not speak to viewers like they are imbeciles or children.

Why on earth do ideal world continue to employ Jacks I will never know,even my dog hides as soon as she hears Jacks voice,Maroon is not a difficult word to present,neither is Cobalt,why doesn't Ideal World tell Jacks off for her pronunciation of certain words,just watching Joanne Afibel Fashion,what a difference in presenting,Joanne isn't shouting at the viewers or speaking to viewers like they are imbeciles.wish Jacks would talk normally & not shout & also not speak to viewers like they are imbeciles or children.

As bad as Ellie May Clampett's prounounciations are (and they are!) I doubt Ideal World are likely to bother telling her off for it. It would be easy to think they positively encourage Peter Simon's incoherent drivel, he's worse than ever.

I caught a bit of Fayon shilling Fabulift this morning, even by Ideal World Goon standards she's terrible :mysmilie_59:

Unfortunately unless a miracle happens and she wakes up one morning with a whole new personality that's her.Possible solutions include a)turn her off immediately. b)wear earphones or hit mute. c)watch for as long as possible then turn over.Just be very glad she doesn't live near to you.The way that people have been leaving the channel makes me think they want to hold onto whoever is left!!:mysmilie_853:

Saw Jacks presenting earlier on & it couldn't pronounce Humugus,Jacks pronounced it Hu mong Gus,no other Presenter has problems with certain words,only Jacks !!

And your dog is clever enough to hide! They really are intelligent!

Saw Jacks presenting earlier on & it couldn't pronounce Humugus,Jacks pronounced it Hu mong Gus,no other Presenter has problems with certain words,only Jacks !!

If she is pronouncing it the way you have stated then she is right, you have spelt it wrong (humongous) so if you are pronouncing it your way then you are in the wrong.

Please stop calling Sally Jacks "it". If your trying to be funny then you're not, just coming across very nasty. You wouldn't like it so treat others they way you would like to be treated.

Lol! I think it is to do with her voice, because it isn't the first time I've switched to IW when she's been on and the cat has headed for the garden at the speed of knots....you can almost hear her thinking "let me out of here".

You have a very intelligent cat...

Sarah, I get that you hate Sally Jacks. Similarly, I'm not Mike Mason's biggest fan as I find his presenting style and the way he speaks extremely aggressive, I have also been know to post threads about him making fun of the way he speaks, so perhaps a bit of "pot and kettle", but I've actually heard Mr Mason say some outrageous things on screen which are often sexist and downright rude. Sally on the other hand, yes, she's shouty and overexcitable, and I can understand how this can grate on some people, but have I ever heard her say anything rude or demeaning to others? - No, I can't say I have, have you? You may find the way she pronounces certain words annoying, but I really don't feel there's a need to be quite so nasty as to refer to her as "it", or Jacks! I'm not going to come out with that old cliche, "If you haven't got anything nice to say, don't say it at all", that would be bonkers on a forum like this, but please do try and keep it real! Also I'm sorry to say that the word is humungus, so on this occassion it does appear that Sally used the correct pronunciation!

Has anyone already come across this?

https://youtu.be/_xtZs4xNPQg

I'm both shocked and horrified in equal measure, If anything her singing cheesy pop makes way more sense and is way less annoying than she is on shoppingtelly :)

It's not the only track she's sang either!

The miracles of autotune eh? You can spot it a mile away on that track. I think even a grunting gorilla could be made to sound tuneful these days.

Autotuned - And she still couldn't reach the notes for "crazy if you'll let it" with a vaulting pole :)

Latest posts

Back