why hermes?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
any idea why QVC use Hermes?

the amount of times I'm told my delivery has been delivered to my 'secure front porch' which in English is my front door step (on a busy road on the way to the train station)...

was different today ... its been delivered to my shed ... guess what ... DONT HAVE A SHED...as a result, don't have my delivery!!!

I spoke, via chat to Hermes, who couldn't help (although it was their driver) they don't me to speak to the retailer ...spoke to customer service who asked if I was sure I didn't have a shed ... WTF??? now I need to wait for a declaration then send it back etc etc ... for an item that is limited stock so looks like I wont get it at all!!!

am sick of Hermes... since they are the only people QVC now use, I guess I wont be using QVC for much longer ...

They use Hermes because they are the cheapest. Large companies such as Q negotiate contract deals and pay X amount per year in a one off payment which covers all of their deliveries. They don`t pay per parcel as you and I would do. The courier companies get a large injection of cash and the likes of QVC get as many orders as they can sell delivered. The more they sell then the cheaper it works out per parcel because their yearly payment is set in stone until the following year.
My son worked for UPS for a couple of years and large companies do the same with them and my son said judging by the paperwork involved and the number of parcels involved, some places were getting their deliveries done for as little as 99p per item.

I live in flat and don’t have a shed either, but our bin area looks like a shed and the recycling bins are also stood in something looking like a shed. May be that’s what CS meant?

I hate delivery by a courier (any) for the very same reason, and anything by Hermes or other courier I order to work. I like RM that they can hold my parcel locally and I can collect it on a Saturday as opposed to trotting to a couriers depot, that would normally cost me a ticket fare and a few hours (talking about delivery to your door).

Stay in terraced house...only way to my garden/bins, is through my house...

My Hermes man is a dream. He now knows the hours I work and he'll try and always get me in, or he'll leave it where I ask.

IW have this free returns thing (think its with Hermes) where you drop it off at Asda, scan, get a receipt and it goes back free of charge. They come and pick it up from your house as well but that's £2.99 per parcel - cheaper than the post office.

I find Hermes far better than Yodel.

CC

The are in trouble because they class their drivers as self employed, so they get no sick pay etc. Pay pennies for each parcel delivered, so of course the drivers want to get the parcels out of their way asap. QVC want cheap cheap cheap to keep the profit for themselves.

I hope the Hermes drivers win their case as the Uber drivers did.

It's the luck of the draw with all these courier companies, and Royal Mail for that matter. I happen to have a very good Hermes man at the moment. The one before was great too but in between I had a temporary one who kept mis-delivering to another street altogether (Park Avenue instead of Park Road) and then tried to cover himself when I said I hadn't received deliveries, saying on the phone that he remembered handing the parcel to me, even though he described someone completely different. So currently, I'm happy that any retailer uses Hermes but I can imagine it must be a nightmare if your courier is erratic or leaves parcels in bad places.

You're right Andi, it is the luck of the draw. My first Hermes courier was great, then he left and the one who replaced him couldn't even be arsed walking up the path most days, just stood at the gate and threw my parcel up the path on several occasions, and if I was really, really lucky, he'd throw it in a secure place, over my 8ft drop back garden fence. So I hope those people who have a good courier don't think for one minute that this is the norm and people are just complaining for no reason, because believe me, it's just a different courier away from if you ever get your parcels or not.

I've become so fed up I get my stuff delivered to work. Hermes can be great or an utter nightmare.

These two sentences should be reversed.. They make better sense!

I am lucky that most of the time one of my neighbours will take parcel in for me as I am out at work all day but if they are not around it is amazing what gets classed as a safe place, Amazon once left a parcel on my front door step for the whole world to see, luckily my kind neighbour had the sense to keep it for me as I was away for a few days, Royal Mail are slow and don't even bother to put a note through my door sometimes to say they have left a parcel, and I just have to hope a neighbour tells me they have it! So Hermes don't seem much worse,Yodel are poor, and even DPD put a card through my door recently and then said that they were not due to deliver anything to me and it was a mistake, although I hadn't ordered anything, I was most disappointed :mysmilie_10:!

When ever this comes up and it does frequently, it is the luck of the draw with your individual driver.

When ever this comes up and it does frequently, it is the luck of the draw with your individual driver.

Yes I agree, previous Hermes courier left parcels outside even if we were in. Current one is OK and leaves neighbours with us as well. Our Yodel courier is very good as well, will leave with a neighbour and leave a card. We also get a text even if we are in to tell us the parcel has been delivered.

never had a problem with hermes the delivery guy is great i was not in one day and he looked right through my sitting room to garden went round back and recognised a plant in my kitchen window and left plant in summer house,an he has done the same a number of times dont know what will happen with anew guy of course .

I recently had an e mail saying my parcel had been delivered, it had not been as I was at home. Telephoned qvc customer services who sent me a form, she did say sometimes Hermes drivers update their records and as they only have a few reasons to choose from they may select delivered even though they have not. It was delivered the next working day, behind the bins in full view of the street as it was a tall thin item. I had a sleepless weekend fretting that I would not be believed so relieved to receive item.

I wouldn't swap my Miss Hermes for the world! She is absolutely brilliant & a lovely lady too. She was one of the few people I saw last year when I was recovering & always has time for a chat. She even puts my parcel somewhere secure or with the neighbours if my curtains are closed in case I am still asleep or resting. I told her one morning that I was waiting for something for a birthday gift so a few days later she arrived early with it (she changed her route) so that I had time to wrap it & take it to my relatives house over 100 miles away. I treasure her especially after reading some of the other comments!

Wee update....my doorbell rang tonight...someone I didn't recognise, had never met before..with my Elemis under their arm. I stay at no 27...they stay at no 31 in a totally different street! The shed?? Their black bin, which gets emptied tomorrow!! The box is a bit whiffy ...it's now in my bin! Not a card in sight...so even if it was theirs they would have been lucky to get it. The actually told me they were in too so they didn't try anyone before they 'delivered'. Wish I had a good delivery driver...used to have....not any more...:-(

This is terrible service, I would think that this order should be on QVC/Hermes as you didn't get from them not even the card and it would have been collected by the bin man tomorrow anyway. Hermes drivers should get paid more to be able to provide a better service.

I am sort of lucky, I live in an upstairs flat build in the late 40s which actually looks like a large house. Flat below has own path front door facing street with garden. My front door faces away from the street. So they have to walk up my path to get to me, and I had a build in cupboard beside the porch (might have been for storing gardening tools?). So I have a note on the door saying Please leave parcel in small cupboard beside blue wheelie bin which I signed(I was told to sign as that makes it official it seems), and 99% of the time it works. Now I do have a purple plastic box from the council on my porch for glass recycling. The odd time parcels are in it.

But so far fingers crossed nothing has gone walk about.

Latest posts

Back