New face this morning

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi genuineshopper,

I bought a Rhapsody Tanzanite and love it. The stone is vivid a lovely colour. I had my ring valued by Safeguard. The gentleman didn't offer to buy it! He did say that for the price I paid (platinum) nearly 6gms. I got the 1.5ct stone for free.
He also said that the jewellery from TJC iin particular the gold and platinum weight is exceptional. He even commented on a peridot and diamond pendant that I was wearing. I said it was a bit of tat from Gems TV, he asked to see it and said that for the money I paid (£39 in clearance) it would retail in a shop for about £400. He was very pleasant and told me the bring in the rest of my stash for valuation, tat and all!

I don't believe any of the hype about tanzanite, it's a marketing gimmick. I just buy to wear. The valuations are just in case I get burgled or the stone drops out and needs replacing. I agree with Meeshoo that jewellery bought for investment is unwise.

I think that TJC are a bit naughty sometimes about investment value. I do know from my experience that I have bought some exceptional jewellery for a fraction of the price on the high street.

I also wish that TJC would give the other presenters a chance during the day, I find Vicki Brown very boring and normally turn down the volume. I didn't know that Liz Fuller was an ex beauty queen, I find her presentation sloppy and she talks gibberish!

I hope that you continue to post and look forward to seeing your purchases. I am a novice and have leant so much in such a short time from forum.

Sapphireblue

I think the lady who went to work for the Horsey channel was Donna Duvall, who had a stint on Gems for a while, not certain tho'.

Liz Fuller is so full of herself and talks more about her ex boyfriends and being a former Miss United Kingdom etc than actually discussing the jewellery!
I just cannot bear to watch when either of them are on I'm afraid.

Hi genuineshopper,

I also wish that TJC would give the other presenters a chance during the day, I find Vicki Brown very boring and normally turn down the volume. I didn't know that Liz Fuller was an ex beauty queen, I find her presentation sloppy and she talks gibberish!

Sapphireblue

Don't even get me started on DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM Liz Fuller, i watched her one evening, she told us how expensive her Gucci dress was but they did give her a discount (o'h please) she told us all about her 7ct engagement ring a 5ct yellow diamond with two 1ct white diamonds either side thats in a vault (because they spilt up), also her thousands of pounds diamond bracelet and she went on and on! And how many times is she going to tell us about her 4ct IGI certified Colombian emerald her boyfriend bought her from TJC, she was on about buying one months ago but didn't have the money because she was spending so many thousands of dollars on her American visa!
And the places shes been and the people she knows!
Now i'll go for a lie down!

I generally prefer TJC presenters to the other jewellery channels but often turn the sound down when I become irritated,to be fair I suppose there is only so much they can say in four hours about the same subject.I like Anoushka but agree with Klosblue that the "Go on,Go on" bit really grates(but I hated that advert) the two Dereks are good,big Derek is a hoot(thought I saw him the other day at 0300 on a ?bingo channel during one of my insomnia
nights but maybe I was hallucinating! Saphireblue if you read this post can I ask you is it very expensive to have items valued by safeguard? I have been swithering as I have bought 3 Iliana rings and would hate to lose them but wondered if its worth the cost to have them valued.Dont get me wrong I dont believe they are worth thousands as some channels would have us believe in fact wouldnt get what they cost second hand but I definately couldnt buy the same new in a shop in town just wondered if the valuation cost is very expensive.Thanks in advance if anybody has any idea.

Hi Emerald, I'm afraid I haven't had anything valued recently, but when they came to a jewellers near me, it was £39.95 for the first item and £19.95 for the second, but I'm sure I read on here that it was more now.

This is the link for their website :

http://www.theassayoffice.co.uk/safeguard/

If you want a truly independant valuation, it's worth spending the money.

Thanks for the information and the link Beady Belle I think its something I should get round to no point in forking out and few hundred quid on rings then finding my insurance wont cover it if I loose them but I can be a bit penny wise and pound stupid at times.

I agree that TJC have the best line up of presenters .. the 2 Dereks are great, Jim too.

Sarah-Lou went to work TJC's sister channel in the USA. Chloe also went to America, but on a project separate from TJC.

It was Donna Duval who left to become involved with Horse & Country Channel. She was the one who said "of course" repeatedly in her presentations. Her & Lottie were chums & went on holiday together. (Awww ... I liked Lottie)

I like most of their female presenters ... can't seem to warm to Liz Fuller though.

Hi Emerald,
Beady Belle is right about the prices, I had seven items valued and they it came to just over £220
If you take out a Earnest Jones credit card and pay with it. I think its a 20% discount.
I did this and paid it off straight away.

Sapphireblue

Donna Duvall, that's it, I got the Donna part right, LOL.

Tee hee see what you mean! Soz. Hadn't opened the link and thought you meant on their website! Doh!

Thanks Sapphireblue for giving me an idea of the cost of valuations by safeguard something I will have to get round to after christmas

Thank you to everyone who has replied, it is really kind of you.

yesterday they had a presenter called Lisa on early in the morning who was very good, then at 10 this sparkle woman came on, I just switched off.

I have seen Liz Fuller on a Quiz Channel before ripping people off with easy questions with very hard answers, glad I don't see her on freeview as I would not trust her.

Thank you to everyone who has replied, it is really kind of you.

yesterday they had a presenter called Lisa on early in the morning who was very good, then at 10 this sparkle woman came on, I just switched off.

I have seen Liz Fuller on a Quiz Channel before ripping people off with easy questions with very hard answers, glad I don't see her on freeview as I would not trust her.

Elisa is my favorite presenter she doesn't take herself to seriously and always makes me laugh when she takes the micky out of the crew lol
Yesterday was her last day before Christmas though :mad: but she is on between Christmas and the new year :D

Latest posts

Back