As Arnie said "I'll be back!" - and she is!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Did anyone notice that at 11 pm this evening, presenter Alex (American female, and very screechy) came on to present? Never liked her, too over the top in my book (and that's saying something for Gems presenters). To my knowledge, she left the company some time ago and pitched up working on Rocks & Co. I cannot believe Steve Bennett would have her back, when so many really good presenters have left in the past. Do I detect he's totally desperate or is he also involved with Rocks & Co.?

Blimey she is getting about alot, she left gems and went to create and craft, then onto Rock and Co and then back to Gems, maybe she has gone freelance, which is what many of the presenters have dont, including Rae Carpenter, Katie Ho and Heather Wish have also done. Personally Alex was a bit loud on the main gems channel but was much better on the Lounge and was very good at pointing out the coated stones, topaz etc and where on the stone the coating was done, she was refreshingly honest about the jewellery which surprised me as they are a rare breed indeed.

Blimey she is getting about alot, she left gems and went to create and craft, then onto Rock and Co and then back to Gems, maybe she has gone freelance, which is what many of the presenters have dont, including Rae Carpenter, Katie Ho and Heather Wish have also done. Personally Alex was a bit loud on the main gems channel but was much better on the Lounge and was very good at pointing out the coated stones, topaz etc and where on the stone the coating was done, she was refreshingly honest about the jewellery which surprised me as they are a rare breed indeed.

Shes back on again tonight. I agree she has always been quite honest and, although she is a bit loud, I don't find her giving the hard sell. I really like Heather Wish when she is on, she is another one who doesn't go over the top. I think the ones that only appear on odd occasions are much more genuine than the regulars. I used to like Hattie but I cant watch her now. Another one that annoys me is Amelia or Meels as she calls herself. In fact, theres not many that I like.

d watching ages ago, i loathe all the half truths and the hard sell, it really is awful, i occasionally flick through out of curiousity sometimes and without sound. Amelia was okay on the Lounge, but i felt needed a strict manager on duty otherwise she went rather out there and a bit bonkers, i dont know what she is like on the main channel but from what you have said it doesnt sound good, i reckon its .the endless push push from the sales managers down the earpiece. I would guess if you are freelance you dont feel the endless pressure from the sales manager when you are only working short periods of time. Yes i know gems insist on calling them production managers but i think that is a fancy word for sales manager, sell, sell, sell.

d watching ages ago, i loathe all the half truths and the hard sell, it really is awful, i occasionally flick through out of curiousity sometimes and without sound. Amelia was okay on the Lounge, but i felt needed a strict manager on duty otherwise she went rather out there and a bit bonkers, i dont know what she is like on the main channel but from what you have said it doesnt sound good, i reckon its .the endless push push from the sales managers down the earpiece. I would guess if you are freelance you dont feel the endless pressure from the sales manager when you are only working short periods of time. Yes i know gems insist on calling them production managers but i think that is a fancy word for sales manager, sell, sell, sell.

I think you are right about the freelancers. They just come on and sell and probably don't have the pressure of the permanent presenters which means that they are much easier to listen to and the don't shout all the time. I don't ljke Amelias voice. I find it boring and switch over if ever I come across her. I don't watch as much as I used to and don't buy but I do switch over for the odd five minutes. Alex said last night that she was moving to a permanent slot as Jim Brooman is on maternity leave so she is obviously back for the time being.

They were getting hot under colour about the news that Tanzania are going to build fence around their tanzanite mines and that the prices will go up so what did they do, have an hour of it. Talk about being opportunistic. I would imagine that there is an unending supply of the stuff around the world so nothing will happen in my lifetime.

She has left Gems again and is joining QVC as fashion expert.

Latest posts

Back