Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He posted on Instagram today that they have split up.

I did wonder the other day when I saw he had posted about family/friends buying him a new phone for Christmas and being so lucky etc.....and Jon replied with some pithy comment. Late the whole post had gone!!!

Well I had noticed the pics of his husband seemed to have vanished from his Twitter page so now we know why. God, what a year for Steven. Lost his telly job, lost his shop and now his husband. I had seen some.posts about not sleeping and feeling lonely. Poor chap! Personally I wish he could get the Q gig back, which he won't, but I hope things improve.

He posted on Instagram today that they have split up.

I did wonder the other day when I saw he had posted about family/friends buying him a new phone for Christmas and being so lucky etc.....and Jon replied with some pithy comment. Late the whole post had gone!!!

Well I had noticed the pics of his husband seemed to have vanished from his Twitter page so now we know why. God, what a year for Steven. Lost his telly job, lost his shop and now his husband. I had seen some.posts about not sleeping and feeling lonely. Poor chap! Personally I wish he could get the Q gig back, which he won't, but I hope things improve.

I wasn’t surprised they had split either. Husband was conspicuous by his absence. I haven’t seen the Instagram post but it’s probably the same message as the one now on SC’s Twitter page. Lots of followers are posting words of support. I know it’s absolutely none of my business but I wonder how much the split had to do with the QVC social media abuse.

I wasn’t surprised they had split either. Husband was conspicuous by his absence. I haven’t seen the Instagram post but it’s probably the same message as the one now on SC’s Twitter page. Lots of followers are posting words of support. I know it’s absolutely none of my business but I wonder how much the split had to do with the QVC social media abuse.

Never know, they may get back together again when SC gets a new well paid job. For richer/poorer etc? Wonder if they'll actually divorce?
I think the Q may eventuallly have him back when they feel everyone's forgotten the whole thing. Thinking on another tack, splitting from H actually makes him more employable to Q. Chunts probably keeps on at them on his behalf....

I dont see why Stephen was ousted because his husband was rude to some equally rude people. he's a fab presenter of Yankee Qvc loss

I see on Chuntley’s blog about her first vegan Christmas she talks about developing recipes with the Q on air kitchen manager. Do we see another hat -Jewellery designer, house builder, actress, princess etc etc.

Watch this space!

But he was never employed by QVC it was Yankee Candles. So QVC has no say in it and Yankee has now moved on. They opened their own Yankee Candle store close to SC's own store so they cut him off at the knees. Yankee now seems to be opening their own stand-alone stores and have no interest in supplying independent stores. SC might have adored the brand but the company are a business and dumped him.

Sorry, Boffy! But I am in the private group where the women made a silly joke about him swishing his hair close to lit candles. That is not rude by any stretch. His husband was told by someone who decided to stir it up. He called the women F*cking C*nts and started sending messages to them, you never actually saw the messages those of us in the group did. Would like to be called a F*cking C*nt etc for saying someone swishes their hair? I very much doubt it as would any woman. You work for a company and your husband or any family member abuses people on social media and it seems it was not the first time the husband abused in social media as this came to light when the whole thing blew up. Companies especially high profile companies cannot have this reflecting on them.

SC needs to get himself together and move on, he was a male model and must have had many rejections in his career. I am sure he has connections he made back then that can help him move on with a new career. He has retail experience as well.

The number of posts asking for the Dyson Airwrap and when it will be back in stock. They are always getting back to them with January but still they come and ask again.

A woman was very disappointed as she could not find the white Dyson hairdryer as well.

I dont see why Stephen was ousted because his husband was rude to some equally rude people. he's a fab presenter of Yankee Qvc loss

I doubt Yankee Candle or QVC see it as a "loss" more a sigh of relief getting rid of the liability, he deserved to go if he thinks his husbands language is an acceptable way to talk to people.

Please could I ask on behalf of my other half for help, has anyone experience of business social media accounts
If you could direct message me
Thank you

I wonder whose turn it will be to be designated for fatshaming and going on whichever diet QVC are flogging this year?

Of course it will be a 9 days' wonders before the presenter deserts their life-changing diet and quietly
resumes eating the way they did before. Cynical, I know, but that always seems to be what happens. Remember Debbie Flint went macrobiotic? Or that konjac goo Christine Hamilton flogged and Ali Young signing its praises? And let's not forget the flash in the pan that was Christianne Wolfe's book. Neither she nor Catherine Huntley are the same size and shape they were when promoting the book.

The one I remember the most was Anne Dawson. Each year one of the female presenters got picked to do the diet thing and they tended to last a few months or so. One year it was Anne, and New Year's Day TSV launch and she presented and started on the diet plan. Not even a month, in fact, I cannot remember if she even presented the diet plan or it was ever mentioned again. After that, they stuck to CHuntly or Flinty

I have noticed quite a few giving off over the X at the end of answers from Liam etc. People having problems with orders going missing the wrong item sent used items sent and the xx at the end of replies. One of the bin lids is telling them to no be so PC.

Fork it, if a company's ref is answering inquiries it is supposed to be professional not kiss kiss.

Complaints again about the Yankee Candles having no smell just a burning smell.

One newbie is in a state of shock she has to pay to return stuff that does not fit or she does not like. Oh, and she has another 4 items on the way that may not fit. She has been told she can claim the original P&P back if she claims it. Others saying that is the reason they no longer buy from QVC.

Sounds like the new breed of shoppers are all cottoning on to QVCs expensive ridiculous postage charges, carry on like this and QVCusa will have to carry QVCuk completely.

Latest posts

Back