Beauty Loves with Julep TSV 6/2/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Found it! Knew I'd heard that word before. It was "Summer the First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro....

She threw back her hair
Like I wasn't there
She sipped on a julep
Her shoulders were bare
And I tried not to stare
When I looked at her tulip

Julep 5 Piece Effortless Make-Up Collection & Bag
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.235951

Auto-Delivery Julep 5 Piece Effortless Make-Up Collection & Bag
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239000

QVC Price £45.00
Todays Special Value Price £29.98
P&P £3.95

This five-piece make-up collection from Julep features a host of products to perfect your complexion, add subtle colour and create a gorgeous glow, including Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector, So Plush Hydrating Lip Gloss, Skip the Brush Creme-to-Powder Blush Stick and so much more. Complete with a gorgeous purple make-up bag, create your new favourite make-up look in no time at all with the help of this Julep set.

Julep’s first ever Today’s Special Value - be one of the first to discover the ultimate make-up collection from this exciting brand. Founder Jane Park’s philosophy is all about beauty that makes you feel as good as you look, and this great edit has everything you need to create polished, yet natural-looking make-up - so you feel like the best version of you, day after day.

Quick as a flash - whether you’re a make-up newbie or a seasoned beauty connoisseur, this effortless set gives you a full face without the major time commitment. Just swipe, blend, and go for seamless coverage and versatile colour.

Your perfect match - available in an impressive 18 shades ranging from pale to deep, Julep has you covered. The great array of cool, neutral and warm tones ensure you’ll find a Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector to suit your skin.

All wrapped up - all of these products arrive to you housed in a pretty purple make-up pouch, so it’s ideal for taking with you on the go, or presenting as a gift to the make-up lover in your life. It also comes with a sample of the glow-giving Boost Your Radiance Rosehip Facial Oil, as an extra-special treat.

Stock up on Julep must-haves - choose our Auto Delivery option and receive another collection in 90 days at today’s fantastic price, without the purple make-up bag. We'll swap your So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss to a gorgeous peach-coral colour, Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick to a sparkling champagne shimmer, and Skip the Brush Crème-to-Powder Blush Stick to a luminous pearl sheen - all great shades to help you build up your Julep make-up collection!

Contains:

1 x Skip the Brush Crème-to-Powder Blush Stick in Rose Gold (6g) - in a pale pink-copper sheen, this creamy blusher works to add instant luminous colour to cheeks, eyes and lips. A versatile, one-stick wonder infused with soft-focus powders and pearl extracts for a shimmering (but never shiny) finish
1 x Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric (4.6g) - this multi-tasking base product works to conceal, correct, illuminate, blur and brighten your complexion, all with a buildable, medium-to-full coverage and a demi-matte finish. Infused with turmeric extract
1 x So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss in Vibes (4.4ml) - a glossy kiss of colour with a dose of hydration and a non-sticky, high-shine formula that moisturises and leaves you with the appearance of fuller-looking lips. In a beautiful lilac mauve shade and infused with hyaluronic filling spheres
1 x Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick in Copper Shimmer (1.4 g) - in a shimmering golden brown hue, this silky eyeshadow gives great colour pay-off, with a crease-resistant, longwear formula that blends like a dream. Features a smudger tool to help create a diffused, smoky make-up look
1 x When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Rich Brown (1.4 g) - define your eyes with this ophthalmologist-tested, matte espresso brown liner. With a water-resistant formula, it helps you achieve a smooth glide, imparting rich colour to whichever look you choose. Go for a classic winged look, turn up the drama with a smoky eye, or simply enhance your features with a touch of colour in the waterline
1 x purple dot canvas beauty bag

May Auto Delivery collection contains:

1x Skip the Brush Blush Stick in Sheer Glow (6g) - luminous pearl sheen
1 x Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric (4.6g)
1 x So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss in All the Feels (4.4ml) - a peachy coral shade
1 x Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick in Champagne Shimmer (1.4g) - brightening cream-champagne
1 x When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Rich Brown (1.4 g)

How to use:
Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric:

During first use, twist bottom several times to prime
Product will dispense onto cushion tip applicator
Dot and blend outward with fingers or cushion tip
Layer on more product to build coverage where needed
Cap tightly after use

Skip the Brush Crème-to-Powder Blush Stick:

Draw three dots along your cheek bones
Blend upwards toward the hairline with your fingers
Dab on eyes and lips for an easy monochromatic look

Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick:

Apply colour to lid with the colour stick side
Before the colour dries and sets, use the smudger tool to blend and diffuse the colour to desired effect
For best results, apply the eyeshadow stick on the back of your hand and load the colour onto the smudger before use

When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Gel Eyeliner:

Glide along the lash line
Smudge before the colour sets for an easy smoky eye look or create a clean and classic winged eye without any tugging or pulling
For best results, replace cap between uses and sharpen every other use

So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss:

Use the unique doe foot applicator to coat the lips with high shine and sheer colour
Wear alone or over your favourite lip colours

There`s lots of shades in this tsv so the presenters are really going to have to concentrate on showing and explaining them properly unless they want lots of returns.
On the julep website they have a pdf which explains the shades in greater depth ( see link below ) and by warm, cool and neutral undertones. It also advises if you think you`re between shades then go with the lighter shade.
https://images.julep.com/media/wysiwyg/landing-pages/super_pdp/18Shades_V2.pdf

Found it! Knew I'd heard that word before. It was "Summer the First Time" by Bobby Goldsboro....

She threw back her hair
Like I wasn't there
She sipped on a julep
Her shoulders were bare
And I tried not to stare

That sounds rude......

Would have been interested to try this TSV if it hadn't been for the copper eyeshadow and brown eyeliner, an absolute no no for me, makes me look like something out of The Walking Dead. Would have been lovely to have green or blue eye make up but that never never happens. Do 90% of the population wear brown eye make up? The TSVs almost always have browns/taupes/neutrals in them, for me with cool/deathly white tones and blue eyes these colours are not a good look for me.

She threw back her hair
Like I wasn't there
She sipped on a julep
Her shoulders were bare
And I tried not to stare

As an extremely old person who remembers the song well, I think he was looking at her TWO LIPS!

There`s lots of shades in this tsv so the presenters are really going to have to concentrate on showing and explaining them properly unless they want lots of returns.
On the julep website they have a pdf which explains the shades in greater depth ( see link below ) and by warm, cool and neutral undertones. It also advises if you think you`re between shades then go with the lighter shade.
https://images.julep.com/media/wysiwyg/landing-pages/super_pdp/18Shades_V2.pdf

Or as CHuntley just did, direct everyone to the Q website. Absolute waste of time if you ask me.

I thought all the models looked grey and ill in the lighter foundation shades. Catherine Huntley's eye make-up looked terrible, a goth throw-back gone wrong. Normally, as she's an attractive woman, she looks great; but not on the launch.
On the evidence I saw, my money's safe.

I thought all the models looked grey and ill in the lighter foundation shades. Catherine Huntley's eye make-up looked terrible, a goth throw-back gone wrong. Normally, as she's an attractive woman, she looks great; but not on the launch.
On the evidence I saw, my money's safe.

I like the look of it, but it means getting the shade correct. Some of the girls clearly had the wrong shade on. I really hope we get a decent presentation with every shade on someones arm.

ml for ml

1 x Skip the Brush Crème-to-Powder Blush Stick in Rose Gold (6g) - Worth £17 cost £7.69
1 x Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric (4.6g) - Worth £21 cost £9.50
1 x So Plush Ultra-Hydrating Lip Gloss in Vibes (4.4ml) - Worth £13 cost £5.88
1 x Eyeshadow 101 Crème to Powder Eyeshadow Stick in CopperShimmer (1.4 g) - Worth £13 cost £5.88
1 x When Pencil Met Gel Long-Lasting Gel Eyeliner in Rich Brown(1.4 g) - Worth £11 cost £4.98
1 x purple dot canvas beauty bag , no value given.
Total Worth £75 total cost incl p&p in calculations £33.93
So each item just under half price.

When I do manage to venture out with the make up which isn’t as often as I would like, especially on a pleasurable trip.
I mix up with Laura Gellar porcelain with fair to warm over the top, I find that quick and easy for me to do.
Would love to experiment with something different for a change to help me feel worth showing my face.

I thought Catherine looked over made up and her hair is too dark - a touch of Morticia Adams. I don’t blame her for experimenting, she’s young, but I don’t think she’s found her style yet. On the other hand I think she has found her “fashion” style, she looks nice in her dresses (IMO).

Latest posts

Back