Shay & Blue Perfume Collection TSV 11/10/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lavender perfume which smells of my idea what lavender should smell like is the own brand M and S one. There`s lots of matching items and they`re regularly on offer plus the prices are really good.
http://www.marksandspencer.com/lavender-eau-de-toilette-100ml/p/p22460548?prevPage=srp

I just tried this on my hand in M&S as you'd mentioned it. By the time I got home, it had really changed and is completely unrecognisable as lavender now. It was very much pure fresh lavender when I sprayed it. To be honest, although I like a bit of lavender in perfumes, the original scent when I sprayed it was a bit much for me. I like it better now it's dried down but I won't buy it (mainly because I don't need any more perfume at the moment - and have the S&B Blood Oranges on the way soon).

I love lavender not the sweet synthetic lavender. I have perfume by ELDO called AntiHero which is lavender, its so strong it could kick the crap out of 99% of other lavender perfumes. The M&S lavender bath and body range is lovely, the perfume not me. I am a bit weird as lavender makes me hyper almost a high.

lavender like l'occitanes and orange scents are my fav. i liked the blood orange from shay and blue but i knew i would

Caron Pour un Homme is my one and only Lavender-y scent - herby and savoury and Nana-free (with apologies to Nanas everywhere).

Not happy with their customer service .It's been more than 3 days as I ordered some samples and still processing .Sent email no reply .Dont intend to call their 0845 number .Wait till end of the week and then file PayPal .Real irritating company .

Not happy with their customer service .It's been more than 3 days as I ordered some samples and still processing .Sent email no reply .Dont intend to call their 0845 number .Wait till end of the week and then file PayPal .Real irritating company .

puts you off when a company is like that a but like qvc maybe even worse

Wearing the Suffolk Lavender today. It's not giving me any lavender at all, which is annoying. The top note is very fruity - guava like, then it dries down into something quite herbal - spearmint, juniper ... Reminds me a lot of an aftershave an ex used to wear - Fahrenheit. Needless to say, shan't be buying any more of it!

Isn't it funny how we all smell things differently.

I love lavender in the garden but I can't have it indoors or any type of product purporting to be lavender as it makes me feel really ill.

Now Mr L uses Fahrenheit and I love it but don't find it as your description- this is ofcourse how perfume manufacturers make a clean fortune as we all have different powers of smell and different tastes.

And curiously, I've just been out walking the dog with my neighbour and she said 'you smell gorgeous, what perfume are you wearing?' Ha!

M&S are doing 20% off clothing, beauty & homeware for those with Sparks cards. Tempted to buy the 30ml blood orange as would only be £24. Jo Malone is bringing back Orange Bitters, I wonder how the 2 compare as have not tried either but love anything orange fragranced.

M&S are doing 20% off clothing, beauty & homeware for those with Sparks cards. Tempted to buy the 30ml blood orange as would only be £24. Jo Malone is bringing back Orange Bitters, I wonder how the 2 compare as have not tried either but love anything orange fragranced.

so do i. just signed up for their newsletter. their shop baker street shop is a couple of miles from me so hoping to get some january sales with my christmas money :mysmilie_59:

So today I tried out the Dandelion and Fig. First impression was good, a blast of something quite citrussy, I liked it. Then the Dandelion appeared quite slowly, and it really does smell like Dandelions on a warm day, but eventually it became too much dandelion, which has a bitter afternote and I went off it. For me, not enough sweetness of Fig to temper the bitterness.
And I've been out with friends all day, but no-one enquired what perfume was I wearing or passed any comment.
So I won't be buying this one either!

My Shay & Blue Blood Oranges arrived today (was advance order). I love the box with the stripy "lining". Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to those on here who recommended it. I kind of knew it would be my sort of thing and it is. I've not sprayed it on my skin yet because I had already perfumed up for the day when it arrived. I hope it lasts well and suits me.

By the way, the 10ml Shay & Blue spray in the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar this year is Blood Oranges. Another reason to buy that. (Apologies for mentioning the calendar for the third time (different threads) today!)

I had been saving the last of my 3 Shay & Blue samples, the Watermelons, which i thought sounded the one I would like the most. I wore it last night and blow me, it does not smell of melons at all. In fact, to me, it's a very accurate dupe of ............................ Amarige!
Now, 20+ years ago, I probably would have loved it, but I'm afraid last night I had to wash the stuff off as it was in danger of ruining my evening. So, reluctantly, I've come to the conclusion that this brand is not for me. A shame, as I do like the ethos and the packaging very much.

Ye gods I remember Amarige, it was scary stuff. I was told Tom Ford Black Orchid has cucumber, I swear any time I tried it all I could smell was ****** cucumber. :mysmilie_51:

I was told in M&S yesterday(I nipped in to buy the star buy of the hand and foot cream set), that the Friends and Family thing for Sparks will be come in the next week. So its 20% off beauty. The Salted Caramel one sounds interesting and 30mls with 20% off might bite.

I had been saving the last of my 3 Shay & Blue samples, the Watermelons, which i thought sounded the one I would like the most. I wore it last night and blow me, it does not smell of melons at all. In fact, to me, it's a very accurate dupe of ............................ Amarige!
Now, 20+ years ago, I probably would have loved it, but I'm afraid last night I had to wash the stuff off as it was in danger of ruining my evening. So, reluctantly, I've come to the conclusion that this brand is not for me. A shame, as I do like the ethos and the packaging very much.

Aaargggh! I can't believe this brand would produce something so awful. Amarige is the perfume I was talking about earlier n the thread. It makes me feel murderous so I must make sure I definitely do not test Watermelons (which sounds nice enough). Thanks for the warning.

Latest posts

Back