Ideas for a facial cleanser please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just thought I'd add my 2p worth. I decided to go for the Philosophy Purity and it's huge!! I wanted something for the shower as I usually use Decleor at night and I love it but I found I wasn't bothering in the morning as I didn't have the time. By putting the Purity in the shower it is great. Admittedly Decleor is better but in the morning I don't have mascara to take off so it just is a good face wash. I have had some in my eyes and it didn't sting me at all. What I thought was a great added benefit though is that I put some of the Purity in my hair and used it prior to shampooing and i found it really good at getting all residual product off..... with the amount you get, you can afford to be more liberal and put it wherever you wish!

I looked in Aldi this morning for their version of C&P but unlucky. Back to your replies for the next one !

I haven’t been able to get the Aldi C&P type cleanser yet either. Hopefully shopperholic will be so kind as to alert us when she knows it’s in stock or on offer.

Thanks for the tips on ordering from Aldi. I still haven’t bought anything but I want to start with a hot cloth cream cleanser.

They should get it back soon EM, it's very popular.

Aw yes Andi I'll pop it here if I see it.

Check out the bronzer like Benefit only better, cheaper with the leaping bunny. https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-aloha-bronzer/p/086346232720800

And this oil. https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-beautifying-daily-balm/p/087360247269200 Again with the leaping bunny, sold out on line but may have it in your local Aldi. :mysmilie_3:

They should get it back soon EM, it's very popular.

That reminds me, my Elizabeth Grant duo arrived this week. Those are two huge tubes! I haven't tried the cleanser yet and they are sealed so I don't even want to smell until nearer the time I use them as I have a bit to use up first. Looking forward to giving them a go, though.

:mysmilie_504:

That reminds me, my Elizabeth Grant duo arrived this week. Those are two huge tubes! I haven't tried the cleanser yet and they are sealed so I don't even want to smell until nearer the time I use them as I have a bit to use up first. Looking forward to giving them a go, though.

:mysmilie_504:

Aw great thanks for letting me know Andi, yes indeed they are a couple of big uns, I'm sure you'll like them xx

Afraid that it's not their C&P type cleanser and I've not tried this one, but I spotted that this cleanser has just been added as a Special buy...

It's called Lacura Mud to Foam Cleanser 150ml - £5.99.

Here's the blurb and it seems to get good reviews but note it does say not suitable for sensitive skin...

Formulated to provide a clear and bright complexion, this Charcoal Mud To Foam Cleanser will also help to reduce the appearance of imperfections. Helping to dissolve excess oils, remove make up and dead skin cells; all you have to do is apply this to your face before adding water. The combination will help to gently exfoliate the skin, leaving you feeling fabulous. Specially formulated with clay and charcoal, this lovely cleanser leaves skin visibly clearer and metrified.

Features
For deep-cleaning of the skin
Helps to clear up acne
Minimalises the appearance of pores
Specially formulated with clay and charcoal powder to remove excess oil and make-up
Improves skin texture and complexion by minimalising pores, gently cleaning and exfoliating the skin
Leaves skin visibly clear and mattified
With added extracts of coconut, bamboo and eucalyptus oil
Cruelty free
Improves skin texture and complexion
Glycolic and lactic acids gently exfoliate skin
Dermotologically tested
Charcoal deep cleans your skin, removes excess oil, clear up acne, reduces pore size and is easy to wash off
Not suitable for sensitive skin

https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-mud-to-foam-cleanser-150ml/p/081829187044100

For what it's worth, here are a couple of cleansers I use and like..

One is Superdrug B. Revealed Glycolic Cleanser 125ml - currently on offer at £3.89p (it's usually on a 3 for 2 offer or similar).

I was a bit scared by the Glycolic element as I have sensitive skin, but this is really gentle and other reviewers also comment that they have sensitive skin/eyes and it doesn't cause flare ups in them either...

https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face...s/B-Revealed-Glycolic-Cleanser-125ml/p/536403

B. Revealed with this gentle glycolic cleansing peel to leave skin looking and feeling expertly lean, fresh and smooth. Dull dead skin cells are softened and buffed away to help reveal a more youthful-looking complexion. Contains Glycolic acid exfoliant, soothing Cocoa and Shea butters and a polishing muslin cloth, to help encourage a brighter, healthier, more radiant complexion.

Product Specification
Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Betaine, Cetyl Esters, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycolic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Parfum, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Methylpropanediol, Limonene, Linalool.

The other(s) is the Body Shop's Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter... 90ml 'tub' £10 but I only ever buy when they have 20-40% off!

Cleanse and nourish your skin with our rich cleansing butter. A luxurious way to remove every last trace of make-up, while purifying, cleansing and refreshing your skin, leaving it soft to the touch.

* Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers
* Camomile extract from Norfolk, England
* Clean and silky-soft feel
* Removes all types of make-up
* Ingredients listed on website

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/f...camomile-sumptuous-cleansing-butter/p/p000186

They also do a Camomile Silky Cleansing oil in a 200ml pump which I also really like and does good job of dissolving make up/grime!

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/face/cleansers-toners/camomile-silky-cleansing-oil/p/p000934

Oh blimey ! So many suggestions but only one face (well, sometimes I have 2 :mysmilie_50:).

I fancy trying that oil - I wear contact lenses but the blurb says it’s suitable. I’m just finishing up a small bottle of micellar water from my stash then I must go cleanser shopping.

I was thinking that too Erics Mum I am tempted by the cleansing butter and the Mud one. what a minefield of cleansers there are. they all sound like they have just as good ingredients as the spa brands on QVC for a snip of the price. it takes several months to go through a cleanser thats say 150ml and rich like the Superdrug cocoa butter one. been using it for years now.

Oh blimey ! So many suggestions but only one face (well, sometimes I have 2 :mysmilie_50:).

I fancy trying that oil - I wear contact lenses but the blurb says it’s suitable. I’m just finishing up a small bottle of micellar water from my stash then I must go cleanser shopping.

You know what this situation calls for, don't you Eric's Mum? A spreadsheet with all the suggestions that appeal from our.posts. Oh yes!!!!!!

If you mean the Body Shop Chamomile oil, yes it is very nice IMHO.

I like an Australian brand called Sukin which is widely available here in the UK and isn`t overpriced. I use their sensitive range when its on offer from the likes of Boots or Holland and Barratt but its also available on beauty sites such as Look Fantastic and also on Ebay.
It`s a vegan range and I try to use as few chemicals as possible on my skin ever since I saw a documentary where a scientist took blood samples from 2 women who used lots of skincare, body stuff, makeup etc and the levels of certain chemicals in their blood was scarily high so for a month they used other brands which had far fewer chemicals/preservatives/additives in them, had their bloods done again and the results were dramatic to say the least. As the scientist doing the experiment said, if using such chemically laden products was only short term it wouldn`t matter but people use skincare, body care, makeup brands for years and years and in the long term can cause all kinds of problems. Talc was used for generations and its only now its been shown to affect the ovaries, alluminium in deodorants has been a big no no for women who had breast cancer and that`s just 2 instances and as the scientist said, in years to come when many of our young women are older and after a lifetime of using such products heaven knows what problems there`ll be ranging from affected fertility to cancer. Of course it must be nigh on impossible to live a chemical free life, our food, our homes, our work environment etc are full of them but I try not to add more just for the sake of vanity or a clean face !
I`m not keen on cleansing balms but the brand Balm Balm do a cleansing balm which gets great reviews, it isn`t vegan though but is suitable for vegetarians. I think it`s around a tenner.
Here`s the link to Sukin which tells you all about the brand and as I said before, their items can be found in Boots, Amazon, H and B and lots of other places.
https://sukinnaturals.com/pages/uk

Vienna, that range looks interesting. I see they do a couple of exfoliators, the one thing I don't have a lot of and like to try as some are just too rough for me. I like Gatineau gommage and Papaya Enzyme peel as they have no harsh bits. So ever keen to try an affordable alternative, I am about to send for these from Amazon. I am currently trying Boots but am not over keen, and I didn't rate the M&S scrub much either. Here's hoping!

Vienna, that range looks interesting. I see they do a couple of exfoliators, the one thing I don't have a lot of and like to try as some are just too rough for me. I like Gatineau gommage and Papaya Enzyme peel as they have no harsh bits. So ever keen to try an affordable alternative, I am about to send for these from Amazon. I am currently trying Boots but am not over keen, and I didn't rate the M&S scrub much either. Here's hoping!

I`ve never used an exfoliator Mazza. I have sensitive skin with high colour (just like my Mum had) and I`ve always been wary of them. My Mum developed a lot of broken capillaries in later life and now I`m in my mid 60`s I try to be as gentle as I can be when it comes to using stuff on my face because I don`t want to end up the same. Mind you my Mum only ever used soap and water on her skin and only used a dab of Nivea if she wanted to wear face powder, other than that she went bare faced and I`m sure the weather, walking everywhere and her work environment in the mills etc took its toll on her skin.

I`ve never used an exfoliator Mazza. I have sensitive skin with high colour (just like my Mum had) and I`ve always been wary of them. My Mum developed a lot of broken capillaries in later life and now I`m in my mid 60`s I try to be as gentle as I can be when it comes to using stuff on my face because I don`t want to end up the same. Mind you my Mum only ever used soap and water on her skin and only used a dab of Nivea if she wanted to wear face powder, other than that she went bare faced and I`m sure the weather, walking everywhere and her work environment in the mills etc took its toll on her skin.

I love the sound of your Mom. I'd love a Nan like that.....(no Grandparents anymore.....)

I have broken capillaries.in my left cheek which were stupidly caused by the fact I always say the same side of an electric fire! These were made worse by using harsh scrubs with what seemed like half an apricot kernel in each helping. Can you believe it? Such an idiot. That is why I have to be careful not to use harsh ones any more but I do like to exfoliate once a week before slapping a mask on. My Saturday spa exoerience!!! I then carry on doing chores rather than relaxing and practising mindfulness etc. Despite retiring I seem no longer to have time for that sort of malarkey.

I was going about my business sporting a BLACK face mask when my neighbour on whom I'm not keen called to collect a parcel.....NOOOOOOOOOO! She comments on my laundry on the line, usually if she feels I've left it out for too long! I'd love to vent but she could be on this forum....who knows!

I have broken capillaries.in my left cheek which were stupidly caused by the fact I always say the same side of an electric fire! These were made worse by using harsh scrubs with what seemed like half an apricot kernel in each helping. Can you believe it? Such an idiot. That is why I have to be careful not to use harsh ones any more but I do like to exfoliate once a week before slapping a mask on. My Saturday spa exoerience!!! I then carry on doing chores rather than relaxing and practising mindfulness etc. Despite retiring I seem no longer to have time for that sort of malarkey.

I think you meant relaxing but it's the chores I don't have time for - well, that's what I tell myself. I'm very good at putting off housework because I like to believe I'm too busy on the computer (working, not just reading the forum and typing this!). I do make time to treat my skin and always do proper cleanses, etc, but I'm not very good at masks. It never seems like the right time.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but can't remember where it was people asking about the ALDI (Lacura) Hot cloth cleanser which was out of stock at the time...

Anyway it's back in stock and available online ATM for £3.99 for 200ml. In store from 7th March...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-hot-cloth-cleanser-200ml/p/077730277238000

(NB. Not recommending it as not tried it, am happy with Superdrug cleansers and Body Shop and Liz Earle when flush ;)

Also on ALDI site, there several new beauty items and esp I have spotted £4 Miracle Cream which looks like a dupe for Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream - and Lacura Glow Exfoliating Tonic - which is a 5% Glycolic toner that looks identical to a Pixi Glow product..?!

Latest posts

Back