Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ml for ml

Celebration Foundation Illumination (9g) Worth £31 cost £11.60
Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Anti-Aging Concealer (8ml) Worth £24 cost £8.97
Vitality Flush Soft Gloss Stain (3.4ml) Worth £18 cost £6.73
Brow Power Universal Pencil (0.16g) Worth £19 cost £7.10
Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush Worth £33.50 cost £12.53
Total Worth £125.50 total cost including p&p used in calculations £46.93

Not for me though, I’m a Bare Minerals girl.

I like the idea of silk in the powder instead of talc. What shade would I need if I'm Light in Laura Geller?

Edit: just looked at the reviews on qvc.com and don't think I will bother with this now.

I got a brush from ebay for a good price, someone splitting up the TSV kits so I know its genuine. I am surprised they did not offer EZ pay.
How different is the new rep compared to the old stepford wives.

I like the idea of silk in the powder instead of talc. What shade would I need if I'm Light in Laura Geller?

Edit: just looked at the reviews on qvc.com and don't think I will bother with this now.
I think 98 five star reviews are quite good for the foundation.:)

I’m sorry but I’m going to have to use all of my daily b1tch quota up in one post.

I just watched some of the video for the TSV online, which I assume is the launch presentation. First of all, why is JF co-presenting of all people? I’m sure she always says she doesn’t use anything powder-like on her face. Actually, I wonder if she has used the TSV foundation before going on air because her forehead is very shiny and surely that’s not the illumination from the foundation in the set?

Also, the guest - in the before and after her skin is a completely different colour. She has gone from pink to orange. Jill tells her she doesn’t look like she’s wearing heavy make-up, but I beg to differ.

Finally, I meant to comment the other day on JF’s blog where there’s a photo of her in her dressing room with today’s TSV. What is wrong with her right wrist?? It looks like ET’s neck.

9D1194E5-92CC-45D9-8D70-7A264780DFDF.jpg

Please forgive this b1tchfest. (I blame llloyd for her breakdown of costs which almost drew me in to purchase.)

I have the celebration powder in the original formula in medium and tan (for summer or light contouring). Used up the illuminating in light and while I haven't repurchased that one (because I currently have stupid x amounts of foundations due to a makeup addiction lol), I can thoroughly recommend either of these, especially if you like powder foundation. As I've got older I tend to use liquid foundation and if extra cover needed then will top up with the powder.

I also recently repurchased the duo of the tightline mascara and can highly recommend those. Tried the Pixi version and while pretty good, found it a bit too wet.

Just ordered Confidence in a Glow. Very excited (half the fun of my addiction is arguing with myself.. I need it..no I don't...yes I do.... So planning on going into hiding from the bank manager ��)
On that note..has anyone tried the vitality disc.oh oh

I like reading all your make up posts. I never wear make up as I'm so white that I just think I look like a clown with any kind of colour on my face. Foundation never works for me as it just dries my skin out and always looks orange or yellow, even the porcelain shades. Some people always look so pretty with their face done up.

CC

I like reading all your make up posts. I never wear make up as I'm so white that I just think I look like a clown with any kind of colour on my face. Foundation never works for me as it just dries my skin out and always looks orange or yellow, even the porcelain shades. Some people always look so pretty with their face done up.

CC

Aw, I bet you look pretty, too. I actually always admire those who can go without make-up. I look truly dreadful.

Have you tried going to a good (preferably recommended) make-up assistant in one of the department stores? Someone else on here could probably tell you which brands are renowned for the best training, skills and advice. You can tell them you are a complete novice and would like to see what they do before you go away and see how it looks in different lights, at home, etc. Then they shouldn’t give you the hard sell because you make it clear you are not about to invest in a load of products your “first time”. It will be up to them to convince you to come back and buy so they will hopefully just do a good demonstration. The Mac counter(s) in my local department store always have queues of people waiting to be made up and Bobbi Brown is popular but I have never had them apply my make-up.

I once had Molton Brown do a make up on me in one of their shops and it looked OK, so much so that I bought 2 eyeshadows and a lip gloss at huge expense. I found them not so long when I was having a clear out - must have been about 20 years old LOL. In the bin. I am quite lucky actually that although my face skin is dry it isn't very wrinkled so I get away with quite a lot. I still feel a little invisible compared to others though. I probably don't look like a clown with make up on but I just feel like people are staring at me!

CC

CC

Yes but some people look so pretty without their face done up - I agree with AndiK re admiring those who can go without. If I venture out without makeup and bump into anyone I know, invariably someone will ask me if I'm feeling ok. I'd like to think it's cos I usually have a full face of slap, but suspect there may be other reasons for the concern :mysmilie_17:

I have the celebration powder in the original formula in medium and tan (for summer or light contouring). Used up the illuminating in light and while I haven't repurchased that one (because I currently have stupid x amounts of foundations due to a makeup addiction lol), I can thoroughly recommend either of these, especially if you like powder foundation.

Can you compare the colours with the ones of the CC Creams? I am fair in both CC Creams and have ordered the Celebration Foundation also in fair, but I am not sure whether the colours might be a littler lighter than the ones of the CC Creams. If that's the case, I better choose the "light" option.

It depends on how fair your skin is. My skin is between light and light-medium and currently more towards light but not fair. The powder does seem lighter than the cc cream but personally, I would go with the fair if I were you as it's easier to add warmth than go too dark with foundation.... unless you tend to tan in the summer (if we have one) then light would be ok.

I do find I prefer the medium powder as it appears lighter than the medium in the cc cream. Although, that may be because most liquid foundations oxidise on me. Sorry if this is as clear as mud and confuses you more.

PS If you use Doll 10, I can use fair or light in the hydralux

I’m sorry but I’m going to have to use all of my daily b1tch quota up in one post.

I just watched some of the video for the TSV online, which I assume is the launch presentation. First of all, why is JF co-presenting of all people? I’m sure she always says she doesn’t use anything powder-like on her face. Actually, I wonder if she has used the TSV foundation before going on air because her forehead is very shiny and surely that’s not the illumination from the foundation in the set?

Also, the guest - in the before and after her skin is a completely different colour. She has gone from pink to orange. Jill tells her she doesn’t look like she’s wearing heavy make-up, but I beg to differ.

Finally, I meant to comment the other day on JF’s blog where there’s a photo of her in her dressing room with today’s TSV. What is wrong with her right wrist?? It looks like ET’s neck.

View attachment 16975

Please forgive this b1tchfest. (I blame llloyd for her breakdown of costs which almost drew me in to purchase.)

I tend to blame llloyd also. For most things. She totally loves it.

I once had Molton Brown do a make up on me in one of their shops and it looked OK, so much so that I bought 2 eyeshadows and a lip gloss at huge expense. I found them not so long when I was having a clear out - must have been about 20 years old LOL. In the bin. I am quite lucky actually that although my face skin is dry it isn't very wrinkled so I get away with quite a lot. I still feel a little invisible compared to others though. I probably don't look like a clown with make up on but I just feel like people are staring at me!

CC

Use some nice fake tan, that really helps - perhaps the gradual overnight type ones?

It depends on how fair your skin is. My skin is between light and light-medium and currently more towards light but not fair. The powder does seem lighter than the cc cream but personally, I would go with the fair if I were you as it's easier to add warmth than go too dark with foundation.... unless you tend to tan in the summer (if we have one) then light would be ok.

I do find I prefer the medium powder as it appears lighter than the medium in the cc cream. Although, that may be because most liquid foundations oxidise on me. Sorry if this is as clear as mud and confuses you more.

PS If you use Doll 10, I can use fair or light in the hydralux

Thanks!
I ordered the fair option finally. Well, in the summer I get a slight tan, and my freckles turn darker, but usually I am quite fair, in terms of foundation I always have to choose one of the lightest options.

Latest posts

Back